Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
138 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 138

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Debris coming out of washing machine????
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks for all the good ideas so far.

What's weird is that now that I've used it even a few more times, the pattern seems to be a few good and normal washes, and then a few washes where the water is stuck and the debris is coming out - and still a lot. It's like 6-8 table spoons full. And once that's all gone, it goes back to a few more normal washes.

I already ordered a drain pump (since it's not that expensive, and also a good backup to have anyway in case ours is not broken), and we'll see if that makes a difference.

There's no grinding noise when it runs, but we'll check for that too once we open the machine - hopefully we'll be able to put it back together at the end!!!

Also, I wasn't aware that the drain pump should be cleaned once a year. Makes sense, now that I know!

Posted on: 2013/2/8 0:07

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Does your upstairs neighbor put cat litter down the drain?

Posted on: 2013/2/7 19:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/27 22:17
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
is there a grinding noise when it was running? my washing machine did this a couple of years ago. it turns out the main bearing on the steel container that holds the laundry broke/wore off and when it is spinning, was grinding on the sides, which produced some funny looking debris that clogged the whole machine

Posted on: 2013/2/7 16:23

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/27 23:02
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
It's probably the little motor for the drain pump that is failing. This is a very common problem in small and compact washing machines. The "propeller" of the motor is exposed to lint, stones, sand and whatever is in your pants pockets at the time.

I have a Bosch Axxis washer and every year or so, I take it out, use WD-40 to get the gunk out and then put it back. The propeller has to be able to spin freely for it to work well. Hope this helps.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2013/2/6 2:02

Debris coming out of washing machine????
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/5/9 22:13
Group:
Registered Users
Is this happening to anyone else?

We live on the 2nd flr of a brownstone in Downtown, and since Sandy, our front-loading washing machine has been acting wonky!!! Initially, it was not working because the water was not draining out (I had to drain the water manually through the drain hole in the front of the machine), and then during my last desperate try (before hiring someone to fix it - we thought the drain pump was dead), it actually worked - but there was a LOT of little stones coming out - they're like the size of sand, but black / grey and white in color. So I thought perhaps it was the debris that was clogging up the drain pipe, and now that they're all out, no more problem and I can keep my money in my pocket (instead of the repairman's)!

Sadly, the washing machine worked a few more times, and then it stopped draining again on its own. After a few more tries (and manual draining), it worked again - with a tons of the small stone / debris coming out again.

I'm very confused as to what's going on. Apparently, no one else in the building is having the same problem.

Any ideas???

Posted on: 2013/2/5 23:45

Edited by SRhia on 2013/2/6 0:06:46

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017