Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Traffic Light Timing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/7/1 19:35
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

gtmarin wrote:
The lights on Marin are the only things preventing it from be a highway, or worse a dragstrip for those going to the Tunnel. Not to mention that there would be a lot fewer accidents at such intersections as Marin and 2nd, for example. I say "More Lights on Marin!"

Second Street is now a throughway for traffic coming from Washington and Greene AND rush-hour traffic (buses and cars) trying to beat Marin traffic by going down Warren Street. If the lights at First and Morgan weren't there it would be harder to cross at Bay St. too. As a pedestrian, I would never try to cross at Second St and Marin - way too dangerous.

The jerks in the cars turning off Columbus to Marin shouldn't try to push the limits of the green left arrow. But the pedestrians crossing Marin should wait for the Walk Signal so the cars that are turning when they have the green arrow can actually make the turn without having to wait for those who have walked into intersection prematurely.

Posted on: 2012/12/10 18:49

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/3/5 18:11
Group:
Registered Users
The lights on Marin are the only things preventing it from be a highway, or worse a dragstrip for those going to the Tunnel. Not to mention that there would be a lot fewer accidents at such intersections as Marin and 2nd, for example. I say "More Lights on Marin!"

Posted on: 2012/12/10 18:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
Wothless as in inhibits traffic flow greatly causing traffic jams at Columbus and Marin while it is very rare for cars (or people to be crossing) to be coming down Morgan to the point a traffic light is needed.

There is a crosswalk with a light just a half block away at Columbus and Marin.

And yes, I've live in JC a long time, so I have crossed Marin many of times.

Posted on: 2012/12/10 17:49

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/4/25 1:25
Group:
Banned
Quote:

slim26 wrote:
Marin has been a disaster, especially at the Columbus intersection mostly due to that worthless light at intersection of Marin and Morgan St.

Worthless? Apparently you never have to cross Marin as a pedestrian.

Posted on: 2012/12/10 17:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:
Did anyone on Grand slow at the flashing yellow lights and proceed with caution? No way. If anything, some cars took that to mean they should speed up and tear through that intersection. It was hell trying to cross Grand if you were a pedestrian, and I'm surprised there wasn't an accident.

The "good" news, Jade is that the small pond-sized pothole that has opened up since Sandy on Grand east of Grove could be the thing that finally starts to slow traffic on Grand. Another week or two and it will probably cover the entire lane. I love how nature has decided to do the job that the city can't be bothered to do - i.e., enforce the 25 mph speed limit.

Posted on: 2012/12/10 16:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
The light at Grove and Grand was malfunctioning yesterday afternoon. The cars on Grove saw either a permanent green light or a simultaneous green, yellow and red light - depending on which specific light fixture you were looking at. Meanwhile, the cars traveling on Grand got a flashing yellow light. Did anyone on Grand slow at the flashing yellow lights and proceed with caution? No way. If anything, some cars took that to mean they should speed up and tear through that intersection. It was hell trying to cross Grand if you were a pedestrian, and I'm surprised there wasn't an accident.

Posted on: 2012/12/10 15:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
Marin has been a disaster, especially at the Columbus intersection mostly due to that worthless light at intersection of Marin and Morgan St.

Posted on: 2012/12/10 15:32

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/11/29 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
Personally, traffic light timing has improved a lot on my commute route. The light at liberty view and grand no longer takes 3 minutes before it turns green. The lights at on Bergen no longer have this do this wierd thing where one next one turns red as soon as the on in front of you turns green.

Posted on: 2012/12/10 14:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
1/7 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
yeah there seems to be a pretty bad problem with Jersey Ave between Columbus and Newark Ave. I'm sure it's all off. The city might not know about it, so you'd have to contact the Engineering department, I think. I might have the email of the dude in charge somewhere. I'll look for it tomorrow.

Posted on: 2012/12/10 4:54

Traffic Light Timing
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/1/27 19:14
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Ever since the traffic lights became operational again after the hurricane it seems that they are all off. Traffic has been awful, especially on Marin Blvd. One of the alternate routes to go northbound is Greene to Washington, but it is also bad. Before the hurricane I noticed improvements in the timing of the lights, but now it is all out of whack. Does anyone know if the city is aware of this and plans to fix it? I also understand that this may be a minor issue compared to all that the city went through with the storm.

Posted on: 2012/12/10 4:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017