Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City taxi driver claims city inspector harasses him, calls him a terrorist
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
I would say that his wardrobe is terroristic.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/12/7 15:35

Re: Jersey City taxi driver claims city inspector harasses him, calls him a terrorist
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/7/22 15:58
Group:
Registered Users
Personally, if I was going to read a news item about my City Council representative Nidia Lopez and Jersey City taxi drivers, I would have preferred it would have been more along the lines of Lopez reminding the ?professional drivers? of the traffic laws we have in our fair city, of the sanctity of human life on foot at every intersection and how it must be respected and preserved, the need to come to a complete stop at all stop signs, to use the turn signal every time the ?professional drivers? intend to make a turn, to drive within the speed limit, indeed, to simply drive within the painted lanes, to respect those of us on bikes with whom they SHARE the road. Stuff like that.

Posted on: 2012/12/7 14:16

Jersey City taxi driver claims city inspector harasses him, calls him a terrorist
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City taxi driver claims city inspector harasses him, calls him a terrorist

By Sarah Nathan/ The Jersey Journal
December 06, 2012 at 2:18 PM

A Jersey City taxi driver is suing a city inspector, claiming the inspector has cursed at him, called him a terrorist and made negative remarks about his religion.

Azaldeen Abdalaziz, a taxi driver for over 20 years, works the night shift and begins his evening in Journal Square during rush hour. Tracy Simmons is the city taxi inspector who works at the taxi stand and, according to Abdalaziz, Simmons has been trying to ruin his life for over a year.

?He's yelled at me saying I'm not allowed to be in this country, that I'm a terrorist,? said Abdalaziz. ?He's been cursing my mother, my father and my country.?

Abdalaziz moved to the United States from Egypt in 1987. An American citizen, he has lived with his wife and children in Jersey City for 25 years.

According to the complaint, filed in the Jersey City Municipal Court on Oct. 23, Simmons has been ?provoking? Abdalaziz to get out of his taxi and fight him. The suit also states Simmons ?makes racial remarks? about Abdalaziz?s religion.

Abdalaziz said Simmons is looking to revoke his license and he fears for his job.

?My work is on the line here and this guy has said to me, 'I'm going to make your life miserable',? Abdalaziz said.

City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill, speaking on behalf if the city and the employee, said the city has reviewed Abdalaziz?s allegations and found the inspector ?acted in a professional manner.?

?We believe that the harassment accusation is false and is potentially a retaliation against the inspector, who had issued Mr. Abdalaziz a summons for violating a city ordinance,? Morrill said.

According to Morrill, the summons cites Abdalaziz for harassment and abuse of a government officer.

In addition to starting legal procedures, Abdalaziz took his complaint to Ward C Councilwoman Nidia Lopez, who invited Abdalaziz to share his experiences at a recent council meeting.

?What was really shocking to me was the rude gestures he said that were being made and the nature of these comments,? said Lopez. ?You have to treat people with respect.?

Lopez said she advised Abdalaziz to file a complaint in court and is glad to hear he is proceeding.

?These people are working very hard and I don't want them being intimidated, not in my ward. I will fight for that,? Lopez said.

The court hearing is scheduled for Feb. 1 in Jersey City Municipal Court.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... r_files.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2012/12/7 1:35

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017