Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
162 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 162

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JC Gov Web Site & Sandy: Embarrassment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
and has anyone heard from Hudson County's great and powerfull Thomas A. DeGise????

Posted on: 2012/11/6 16:37

Re: Thank God we have a great mayor like Mayor Healy!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 14:36
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I love the look of disdain on the faces of people that Healy is talking to in those photos.

"Friend" Steve Fulop on Facebook. He's been giving great information and several updates per day.

Posted on: 2012/11/6 16:33

Thank God we have a great mayor like Mayor Healy!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users

Check out the EIGHT shameful self promoting pictures right on the front page of the official Jersey City web site
http://www.cityofjerseycity.com/

Hey a-hole how about devoting the space on the official Jersey City web site for MORE helpful information for all of YOUR Jersey City people who are STILL suffering. (that is for the ones who have power to access it)

(wait till you all hear the tale of his Society Hill ?visit? SEVEN days after the storm)

Posted on: 2012/11/6 15:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayor tours city neighborhoods, thanking residents for their patience

By Terrence T. McDonald/The Jersey Journal
November 05, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy allowed The Jersey Journal to tag along this afternoon as he toured parts of the city and checked in with residents struggling to recover from Hurricane Sandy.

Healy thanked the people of Jersey City repeatedly for remaining calm as the city slowly comes back to full power.

?Their patience, their cooperation all over the city has been nothing short of inspiring,? the mayor said.

Healy said everything is not quite back to normal ? 37,000 PSE&G customers were without power as of this morning, but Journal Square has since had most of its power restored. But the city is on its way back, the mayor said.

The effort on behalf of city departments and agencies to respond to Sandy was ?Herculean,? he said.

?We were as successful as anybody could be,? Healy said.

Not everyone in the city is thrilled with its leadership, evident when Healy stopped to thank some volunteers with the American Red Cross who were giving out food at Sip and West Side avenues. There, Marion resident George Wendt called him a ?disgrace.?

?Showing your face here after seven days,? Wendt

Healy, a Democrat, noted after the exchange that Wendt had a Romney/Ryan bumper sticker on his car.

Moments later, though, at St. John?s apartment towers, which just last night Healy said was "pitch black" but had its power restored today, a man passing the mayor offered him genuine praise.

?I love your singing,? he said to the mayor, who has been known to croon. ?And everything else you?re doing.?

Later, Wendt told The Jersey Journal he has no problem with Healy's political affiliation. He said he thought the mayor and the city administration haven't been as active as their counterparts in Hoboken.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_mayor_tours_city_n.html

Posted on: 2012/11/6 2:52

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/8 1:12
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
I've been getting really good information here for days:

http://onejerseycity.org/

Posted on: 2012/11/5 18:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/1/18 16:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I snapped this pic on York Street... very poignant with City Hall in the background.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/11/5 18:00

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/9/10 2:34
From Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, the point is the use of Sandy for Healy's campaign with little real info. Coupled with Michelle Massey's virtual disappearing act, there has been no info re: Ward F. I've been getting all my info from Fulop, even though he's technically Ward E. he's really reached out across JC.

I get that we may not get electricity back for a while. I would just like someone to get us info -- even if it's that there is no update right now-- and let us know about available services.

Posted on: 2012/11/5 15:09

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/10/17 17:52
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

SixthBoro wrote:
please enlighten everyone how major flooding of substations and equipment has anything to do with either demographics or politics and the return of power...

It doesn't. The original point of the post was that valuable screen real estate was wasted on stupid photo ops that should have been solely dedicated to critical information, information that is there but extremely hard to read (especially when some people may be short on battery life for their laptops or phones). The only person making this political is the mayor himself, and it's a tremendous slap in the face to residents of this town. If people want to use something like this as an impetus for ousting him fine, but for now all I and a lot of other people care about is getting this damn information in a clear and concise manner.

Posted on: 2012/11/5 14:53

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/3 19:45
Group:
Registered Users
I second that.

Posted on: 2012/11/5 14:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/2/19 14:48
From Marion
Group:
Registered Users
please enlighten everyone how major flooding of substations and equipment has anything to do with either demographics or politics and the return of power...

Posted on: 2012/11/5 13:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
i dont buy into as much of the vitriol spewed at healy as many of this board do.

that said, the fact that neither he, anyone from his office or any person from pseg has done what I just said should have happened indicates all of the above are incompetent farking morons.

it's been a week and no one is telling anyone what the specific problems are and what the solutions are to fix them? just vague general bs?

i try and stay out of local politics because its all a bag of sh!t, from all sides. the responses to this storm from the head pols have done nothing but reinforce it. whomever is running against healy has my vote.

Posted on: 2012/11/5 7:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
I am as big of a critic of Healy as anybody but I think your criticism of GV, BL, JSQ having no power should be directed at PSEG. It's not like PSEG gets orders from the mayor as to where to work on..they are a private company.

the website, however, is despicable, but what do you expect from our mayor? I'm surprised he hasn't posted the audio from the obama call...

Posted on: 2012/11/5 4:33

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/3 20:43
From Paulus Hook
Group:
Registered Users
Corybraiterman,

I agree that JC mayor et.al. have been totally useless through all of this. Two places I've gotten actual information:

Steve Fulop's Facebook page
Twitter, following @PSEGdelivers (constant updates)

I'm in Paulus Hook and I finally got power tonight. Lots in my neighborhood still out.

Posted on: 2012/11/5 3:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/4/7 22:41
Group:
Registered Users
I absolutely agree with everything. I think the pictures are ridiculous. And I agree with the poster who mentioned the site when President Obama called. It said ***BREAKING NEWS*** president calls mayor Healy...etc etc. That's not breaking news. It should have been used for more valuable information. If anyone from his team is reading, you may want to retool the website and put the content first, opportunistic pictures second.

Posted on: 2012/11/5 3:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/28 22:07
Group:
Registered Users
I almost kind of get how Berg/Laf and G'ville are without power. The poor, black neighborhoods that are on one edge of town getting shat upon by the city and authorities - what a shock. I kind of get why parts of P Hook and C Village don't have power, they were literally submerged.

What really surprises the hell out of me is JSQ. We're talking the 2nd or 3rd most important/busy part of the city here. It suffered almost no water damage at all, and there aren't even a lot of trees to fall on lines, some of which are underground. How can a central, core part of the city be without power for almost a week? How is it that after all this time, not one person is stepping in front of a podium and saying "Here is the exact problem why parts ABCDE are without power, and here's how we're addressing the situation."

Posted on: 2012/11/5 2:46

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/11/5 2:44
Group:
Registered Users
On the day or before the President called Mr. Healy, if I recall well his prim photo was up on the City's home page occupying highly valuable real estate that otherwise should be flashing critical life-saving information. And now especially in the aftermath, when the storm damage is not fully assessed, the city website should be the go-to place; yet the top to bottom scrolling one needs to do to glean valuable information otherwise bullied into a thin strip of text by Mr. Mayor's newest addenda of campaign photographs, belies a lack of decency.

Posted on: 2012/11/5 2:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Stringer wrote:
One thing the Healy administration has to understand is that whether it thinks the perception is wrong or not, people are getting angrier as each cold night goes by without lights.

This storm is bound to have an effect on the upcoming elections. Healy is backing Ward F Councilwoman Michele Massey in a special election for her seat on Tuesday.

There are some reports that say snow is coming Wednesday.

Here's a photo for JH to add to the city web site. I took it today in my neighborhood in Ward F. You know, I bet if he just shook these kids' hands they'd feel a lot warmer tonight.

It's day 7 with no power and we're freezing in Lafayette. Healy and his Ward F appointee Michele Massey are AWOL.

It's a disgrace. Whether it's arrogance or ineptitude stopped mattering long ago. Public service means communicating with constituents, and they have failed.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2012/11/5 0:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Political Insider: Lights would be appreciated, communication just as much

By Agustin C. Torres/The Jersey Journal
November 04, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Hurricane Sandy has pummeled Hudson County and Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy is feeling the political pain

I?m not crazy about doing a negative piece when people are still suffering. I know one can question police and fire political decisions at times, but the rank and file are always doing their best when things get serious. Yet this is a political column. President Bush was roundly criticized for the federal government?s response to Hurricane Katrina?s devastation and unhappy Jersey City residents are starting to voice their frustration with their chief executive.

Thursday, signs were popping up Downtown referring to the mayor as the ?Where?s Waldo?? character. These folks say the mayor has yet to be seen in their neighborhoods. Journal reporter Terrence McDonald quoted city spokesman Stan Eason as saying that this was not true and that the mayor has been extremely busy visiting various communities and talking to representative groups of different areas of the city. Eason said Healy was even meeting that afternoon with Country Village residents, who must feel that it was a combination Hurricane and tsunami that struck them ? followed by frightening nights.

OK, perhaps there is no pleasing everyone. But what about the demonstration at City Hall yesterday by about 50 people from Ward F and Ward A, members of the city?s black community. According to some of my sources in the black community and local government, their complaints are mostly about being left in the dark ? a lack of electricity and information. They hear about Hoboken Mayor Dawn Zimmer and Newark Mayor Cory Booker giving press conferences and they ask: Where?s Healy?

There are reports that parts of the Heights have power ? isn?t that where Healy lives? ? and some improvement or service being provided other wards, but not in F or A, the forgotten wards. It is a recipe for conspiracy theories.

The cold nights come and come, and go, requiring more candles. Then a late-night Thursday fire erupts on King Drive and Bidwell Avenue, injuring three people. Who do the neighbors blame?

Emergency management plans stress that one of the first things that has to be done is to immediately keep the public informed. Immediately, as in Day One. Communicate with the populace, even if it is driving through all city neighborhoods using loudspeakers about such items as shelter information, where they can get meals, survival tips, and when they can expect the return of power. Someone may have finally heard, because some critics say police cars were heard transmitting in several communities on Thursday.

I would like to get the administration?s side about this perception of a lack of communication, but our people, writing from The Star-Ledger, called city representatives, who ignored the messages or could not get back to us.

One thing the Healy administration has to understand is that whether it thinks the perception is wrong or not, people are getting angrier as each cold night goes by without lights.

This storm is bound to have an effect on the upcoming elections. Healy is backing Ward F Councilwoman Michele Massey in a special election for her seat on Tuesday. Massey had better be bailing out basements, because challenger Diana Coleman obtained a generator and set up a charging station in her Ward F headquarters.

There are some reports that say snow is coming Wednesday.

INSIDER NOTES

? Hudson officials are pretty upset with PSE&G. Union City Mayor and Sen. Brian Stack sent this statement:

?While I understand that New Jersey endured the ?Storm of the Century,? PSE&G should have implemented the ?Preparation of the Century? in order to address predicted consequences. While this event was catastrophic, PSE&G should have been prepared to react to such disaster, as we had ample warning about the storm.

?Residents of my district are trapped in high-rise buildings. My constituency needs restoration of power in the immediate future. While I have been in constant contact with executives at PSE&G to express the need for power, the public needs to know that I continue to press for restoration of power.

?Upon restoration of power to all New Jersey residents, I look forward to the release of a detailed policy by PSE&G, which will explain how residents will be credited for power loss as a result of Hurricane Sandy. After enduring such a loss of power, residents are entitled to relief in their pockets.?

? Hudson County Freeholder Bill O?Dea has been particularly harsh with the power utility company. He has been upset that his messages to PSE&G representatives have gone unanswered for days. He notes that 60 percent of his constituents still have no electricity and as a result no access to the Internet, and cellphone service and land lines are spotty. He has been suggesting the city and county communicate information to constituents by mobile public address devices ?and other manual efforts? about any updates on what sites are distributing the food and water delivered by FEMA, how shut-ins can access health services and when power is expected to be restored. Hmmm. Also, he has been calling on PSEG to distribute ice and dry ice.

Thursday afternoon, the utility firm started distributing ice. Weather predictions for last night included near-freezing temperatures. Thanks for the ice.

? PSE&G did get credited for providing a charging station at the West Side Avenue Light Rail Station. It estimated on Friday that virtually all impacted customers will have restored service within the coming week. The majority of customers will be restored before then, and after Nov. 9 there may still be isolated pockets of customers who have individual flooding or downed line issues. It sounds like we?re talking about next week.

? Mayor Zimmer of Hoboken is not exactly getting a pass. It seems every reader of the Wall Street Journal in her city thinks they are also meteorologists and are upset with the mayor. If there is one vulnerable place in Hudson County to storms and surges, it is the Mile Square City that should consider New Orleans-like remedies.

? Hudson Dem leaders do not seem overly concerned about voter turnout on Tuesday. Some feel that even if the numbers are low, the percentage difference would favor their candidates as if there was a huge turnout. Hmm.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/voices/index ... would_1.html#incart_river

Posted on: 2012/11/4 23:31

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/1 19:43
Group:
Registered Users
The mayor and his administration have once again proved how incompetent they are leading this city. No real regard for constituents, zero professionalism and couldn't organize a bag lunch let alone a response to a major disaster.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 23:18

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/29 3:50
Group:
Registered Users
Wow. That website is an embarassing shame. The photos are ridiculous-- who volunteers in a sport coat?

Posted on: 2012/11/4 22:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

getz011 wrote:
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
Has anyone seen the JC gov site and Healy's relentless and completely inappropriate use of the page for obvious campaign-oriented pictures?

Seriously, with all of the information that is critical to communicate to residents for their safety and security or to potential volunteers who can help, you use 2/3 of the page to showcase photos of yourself shaking hands with residents? The actual valuable content, and not Healy's mug, is squeezed in 75 pixels to the left and requires about 8 scrolls...

Even Christie managed to focus on people vs. politics.

Shameful.

http://cityofjerseycity.com/

Amen. We haven't gotten an iota of useful information from JH or his appointee in Ward F, Michele Massey. And we still have no power as the mercury dips to freezing.

I hope this narrative gains momentum. JC deserves better and more accountable government.

Spread the word via Facebook, call-ins to the Jersey Journal. Let everyone know your stories. Encourage your friends to do likewise. Let everyone know that for Healy & his followers old & new it is & always will be politics before people.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 22:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/31 23:18
Group:
Registered Users
He's a pathetic sham. Doesn't he realize we see through this? Use this as an opportunity to disseminate information - are they so stupid to think this tactic (each photo is of Mayor on the first page) would work? Voters are way smarter than that - information you buffoons.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 20:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/10/14 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fraulein wrote:
Has anyone seen the JC gov site and Healy's relentless and completely inappropriate use of the page for obvious campaign-oriented pictures?

Seriously, with all of the information that is critical to communicate to residents for their safety and security or to potential volunteers who can help, you use 2/3 of the page to showcase photos of yourself shaking hands with residents? The actual valuable content, and not Healy's mug, is squeezed in 75 pixels to the left and requires about 8 scrolls...

Shameful.

Amen. We haven't gotten an iota of useful information from JH or his appointee in Ward F, Michele Massey. And we still have no power as the mercury dips to freezing.

I hope this narrative gains momentum. JC deserves better and more accountable government.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 20:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/2/3 3:59
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I was working in two shelters when he showed up. It's ALL about the photos. He refused to help serve food even though he was there during dinner and a Red Cross volunteer was asking for his help.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 19:59
I live by the river.

JC Gov Web Site & Sandy: Embarrassment
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/15 11:50
From Village/HP
Group:
Registered Users

Shameful.

Posted on: 2012/11/4 19:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017