Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Surf City/Liberty Harbor Marina and Hudson Public Walkway
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
For clarification: This is the "exit" road if you're at Surf City / Ferry Lot / RV lot. This road exits on to Jersey Ave, on the LSP side of the light rail tracks.

If this means anything: when the LSP foot bridge approach was being repaved last year, officers blocking off the bridge stated I could "go around" the construction using this road. He then stated it was private property and I'd be doing so at my own risk, etc...

Posted on: 2012/8/26 10:34

Re: Surf City/Liberty Harbor Marina and Hudson Public Walkway
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 13:40
Group:
Registered Users
It looks like the section you describe is part of the planned walkway, but not yet built.

http://www.hudsonriverwaterfront.org/ ... ew=article&id=6&Itemid=23

You might want to contact the walkway org to find out if you have right of access. Seems bizarre that they allow vehicles but not bikes/pedestrians.

Posted on: 2012/8/25 21:42

Surf City/Liberty Harbor Marina and Hudson Public Walkway
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/10/21 20:09
Group:
Registered Users
I'm wondering the status of the north side of the Morris Canal Big Basin. Has this become part of the Hudson Public Waterfront yet?

There has been a walkway there for years, roughly running between the end of Marin and to the end of the parking lot, not far from the industrial wasteland bit that separates it from Jersey Avenue. If you don't mind cutting through the ferry parking lot for a bit on two ends, this has been a way for quite a few folks in Paulus Hook while walking, running or cycling.

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I were rudely turned away by the guard posted at the western end of the parking lot (towards Jersey Ave) who said that "Only vehicles were allowed.". When I mentioned that bikes are "vehicles" and are covered by traffic rules, he changed his tune, said that there's been some thefts, some dude Peter owns the whole place and doesn't want anything but vehicles on it (I assume that means cars and straight-piped motorcycles). When I mentioned the Hudson Waterfront Walkway he got aggressive, waved us off saying other folks had mentioned that and that they would "litigate" and that we were free to do so.

Is this fully private property? Am I in the wrong here or do I have some kind of ground to stand on should I decide to pursue the argument?

Posted on: 2012/8/25 20:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017