Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City 'klepto' cat appears on Animal Planet's Bad Dog
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/26 22:12
Group:
Registered Users
Release 'The Kraken': Jersey City 'klepto' cat appears on Animal Planet's Bad Dog August 03, 2012, 5:18 PM By Daniel Reyes/The Jersey Journal Hide your umbrellas and hide your bread, Harold the cat is snatching up everything in his Downtown Jersey City apartment. The 20-month-old cat, also dubbed "The Kraken," is getting the reputation for being a bit of a kleptomaniac after appearing on Animal Planet?s show ?Bad Dogs? about misbehaving pets on July 28. The nickname "The Kraken" comes from the fact that Harry is a ?force to be reckoned with?, says his owner Kayt Hester, a tape artist. ?He was always kind of a strange kitten,? says Hester, adding that after four months in a tiny apartment, moving to a bigger place in Downtown Jersey City sparked Harry?s inner-klepto. "He would form an attachment to things, various objects," she said. One of those attachments was to Hester?s filter from her Brita water pitcher. She originally blamed her boyfriend, Alex Heitzenrater of the bands Aminal and Winner Takes All, for the runaway filter, which would often appear at the bottom of the stairs. It wasn?t until she saw the theft in action that Hester finally realized the true culprit. In addition to the filter, Harry, who has his own YouTube channel and Facebook page, is also known for stealing a purple umbrella, anything in a ?crinkly package? like Ritz crackers and full loaves of bread. "I've never seen anything like this,? says Hester. Harry also gets his joy from tormenting Hester?s older cat Pixie, which often leads to either a timeout in the bathroom or a squirt from the spray bottle, appropriately called ?The Peace Maker.? Hester insists he?s a great cat and is always a source of entertainment. ?We don't want to stop all of (his bad habits) because they're entertaining," she said laughing. ?I've never seen anything like this, I think he's ultra intelligent." Animal Planet came to Hester?s apartment to film Harry in action in May. ?They contacted me in the middle of nowhere after finding Harry's YouTube page," said Hester. "It was a hoot, it was a lot of fun." "He was definitely camera shy," she added. ?He was hiding the whole time pretty much." When not looting the apartment, Hester says that Harry loves ?sitting on the window and giving dirty looks to the dogs and cats that walk by.? http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... e_kraken_jersey_city.html

Posted on: 2012/8/4 3:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017