Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Some parent's what are you thinking!!!!!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
If the city provides a park for the public to use then they should provide a toilet as well. Why should restuarants and cafes provide toilets for non-patrons. The city should build toilets at every park that are opened at dawn and locked at dusk. Little kids struggle to 'hang-on' for a pee, just like a dog that might pee on the grass.
I'm all in favor of parents allowing their little ones pee in parks as I am in favor of 'free range' kids

Posted on: 2012/7/20 12:14
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
The worst part about this thread is the apostrophe in "parent's."

Posted on: 2012/7/19 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CdeCoincy wrote:
I will be selling tee-shirts in the park on Saturday:
Hamilton Park: Pee Happens

So you would call them Pea-Shirts

Posted on: 2012/7/19 7:22
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/11/10 23:17
Group:
Registered Users
This is such a piss poor topic. BTW I was rushing through the park yesterday at around 10am and there were a bunch (perhaps 10?) young children picking the flowers right near the water fountain as their caretakers sat on the benches laughing. A few of the kids were proudly marching over to the adults with their huge bouquets. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! One adult (parent?) stood up and moved toward a child in an effort to stop him - I gently said 'you know I don't think the flowers are really for picking' as I rushed by.

Posted on: 2012/7/19 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/21 14:01
Group:
Banned
I will be selling tee-shirts in the park on Saturday:

Hamilton Park: Pee Happens

Posted on: 2012/7/18 22:39

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
This thread is quite the pissing match.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 21:59

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/6/30 13:44
Group:
Registered Users
Come on Now !

Jaded,
I said you were unhappy and angry.
And two stamps a year at a .04 ct difference would not make or break a business. I'm convinced that you are unhappy at your job, and think every one is screwing you. Can't sleep at night? With customers like you I wouldn't want to own a business.

Come on Now !

Posted on: 2012/7/18 18:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/2/27 0:25
Group:
Registered Users
And you sound like a failed business owner who's bitter and angry because your customers figured out they could get the same product/service somewhere else for less and without being verbally abused.

Come on Now!

Posted on: 2012/7/18 17:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Come on Now !

Jaded,
Honestly, a HUGE difference from your postal stamp rant on Postnet. That actually sounded
angry, and unhappy. By the way Duane Reade is clubbing you on the head with every thing you buy.

Come on Now !

Posted on: 2012/7/18 16:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
I always thought a good solution to the lack of public bathrooms would be to pass a local ordinance that restaurants and cafes must allow public use of their toilets.
Robin.

That idea sticks ! and so will their bathrooms if they allow their restrooms to be used by everyone besides their customers. If it does pass though I would have an extra bathrom installed just for outsiders.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 16:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Come on now !

Jaded, you merely suggested that someone is a shmuck for paying a small sur-charge for stamps ? When you buy your stamps at a local establishment ( to avoid walking the the P.O. ) do you pay them with your C/C so they absorb even more of a loss ?

Come on now !

I love the Taqueria also !

Nope, I'm a cash-paying luddite. That's why small business owners all love me. Maybe that's why they don't bother charging me a mark-up on the two occasions a year I might need a stamp. I only use the CC for online stuff and big-ticket electronics/appliances.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 15:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

tern wrote:
I always thought a good solution to the lack of public bathrooms would be to pass a local ordinance that restaurants and cafes must allow public use of their toilets.

Robin.

Unfortunately, that shifts an unfair burden onto business owners and might actually make accessibility worse. If a restaurant or cafe were required to allow all public use, the restroom is eventually going to get trashed and I can see junkies using it. Would you want to use such a restroom? The business owner is then stuck with the cost of the damages, not to mention the inevitable liability that accompanies such a situation. In my experience, most business owners are decent people who try to accommodate people with a legitimate need. I'd rather leave it up to their discretion.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Come on now !

Jaded, you merely suggested that someone is a shmuck for paying a small sur-charge for stamps ? When you buy your stamps at a local establishment ( to avoid walking the the P.O. ) do you pay them with your C/C so they absorb even more of a loss ?

Come on now !

I love the Taqueria also !

Posted on: 2012/7/18 15:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
Why stop at requiring that private businesses allow the non-customer public to use their bathrooms? They should let us use their dishwashers to clean our dishes. And they should let us use their kitchens to cook our meals.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 15:19

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/18 1:45
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users

Robin.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

user1111 wrote:
With JC many, many, many problems, I can honestly look past this one.

Just this one, what others will you look past ? Each issue is just as important to each person. Do you look pass problems in your own house or do you address each and every one of them ?

Posted on: 2012/7/18 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Poncho11 wrote:
Come on now !
Jaded, your not up-tight? Your a happy camper ? You hate bikers ! You hate people who invest money and should turn a profit. You look for people to watch Game of Thrones in a bar ! There is nothing happy about you.

Come on now !

Wow, I suggest you brush up on your reading skills. Where did you get that I hate bikers? I happen to be an avid biker myself. I just hate lame-ass bikers who ride on crowded sidewalks, which are actually for WALKERS. I have HBO. Why would I want to watch Game of Thrones in a noisy bar? I suggest you go back and actually READ that thread. I'm not against people making a profit, I merely suggested that if you were buying stamps at above face value, you weren't looking hard enough. But hey, if you like paying more than you have to for a product or service - it's your money, your right to get fleeced.

And thank you for telling me I'm not happy. Must ask for therapist recommendations on JC List. You got any? I really didn't realize I was unhappy until I came here and read your insightful analysis of all my old posts! You sure have a lot of time on your hands. Job search not going too well, eh?

Oh, and to save you the trouble of having to go back too far: I've never had any bad service or problems at Taqueria. In fact, I love the place.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Come on now !
Jaded, your not up-tight? Your a happy camper ? You hate bikers ! You hate people who invest money and should turn a profit. You look for people to watch Game of Thrones in a bar ! There is nothing happy about you.

Come on now !

Posted on: 2012/7/18 13:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/8/26 11:59
Group:
Registered Users
If it's legal for dogs to piss in the park then so can children. Especially children.

Although I personally would not allow either.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 5:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/20 19:08
Group:
Registered Users
Look at the zillow home value index:

http://www.zillow.com/compare/hoboken ... -vs-jersey-city-nj-07302/

07030 being hoboken and 07302 being downtown JC

It's not even a fair fight since 07302 covers all the good parts of JC while 07030 covers ALL of hoboken and not all of hoboken is great.

If I were to show rent stats, hoboken rents would destroy the downtown rents.

At the end of the day, you are only one person and although what you think matters (see, I'm trying to be nice), most people know that Hoboken home values and rents are overall more expensive because it's based on fact and figures (I know, the things you hate).

I can have sex in the park and I know it wouldn't bother you but would a cop care? If they do, then they should also care about your urinating kid....

I pay taxes that fund the park so the park is as much mine as it is any other tax paying citizen in JC.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 5:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JadedJC wrote:

By all means, have sex in the park if the urge strikes you. It doesn't bother me. I'm not the uptight one here...

+1

Posted on: 2012/7/18 4:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
I bet not one person can honestly say that as a toddler, teen or even as a young adult you never used a place to pee that was not a bathroom. Not saying that peeing in a park is the right thing to do, but come on folks..let's be real.

I bet you had to pull up your Lilly Pulitzer dress, drop your Garanimals or Gap kids? pants at least once in your lifetime as one of your parents blushed because you just couldn?t hold in.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 4:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:

Yeah, let's compare the project areas in Hoboken to downtown Jersey City. That's a fair comparison. The best in JC compared to the worst in Hoboken...come on.

I already found a place so now I have all this time to post on JC, I know you're happy about that.

And I agree with you, Hoboken families are priced out of NYC but still do not settle for JC - don't you ever wonder why? Instead of holding on to what makes us not desirable to those families and businesses (whole foods, etc.) shouldn't we do the opposite? Instead of saying that JC is some "undiscovered gem" shouldn't we want JC to be that DISCOVERED gem? I've lived here all my life and believe me, I want JC to be the "it" place....and I just don't get that from some posters here...

You really need to get your facts straight. The northern end of Hoboken isn't more expensive than JC. No projects there. I looked for condos up there for awhile. It's perfectly nice and quiet, and I even looked at Hoboken Tea, where the price per square foot was comparable to JC's "luxury" buildings. I just didn't care for the vibe. Also most of the housing stock in Hoboken is "historic," and I really didn't want to deal with another leaky shithole that was long on charm but short on modern comforts like insulation and central AC. And if you think flooding is bad in JC, you should see Hoboken after a downpour.

Last time I checked, Whole Foods isn't in Hoboken either or even considering opening shop there. I really don't care what people say about JC or about the "it" place. I found most of everything I wanted at the price I wanted. So, I'm a pretty happy camper here. I just don't get posters who bitch and whine about something that doesn't live up to their ideal when there are other places that do. Many of us just don't care about status.

By all means, have sex in the park if the urge strikes you. It doesn't bother me. I'm not the uptight one here...

Posted on: 2012/7/18 3:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Kindness should never be expected, only hoped for. You can't mandate kindness. If kindness were mandated, then the word wouldn't even have a useful definition.

In any case, the original poster was disgusted and she/he is not alone but please continue to think it is okay to pee in public...come on, really?

Quote:
As long as someone's not pissing on or near you, what's the problem?

It's as much their park as it is mine. If kids get to pee in it, then can I also have sex in it? yeah, I thought so.

Can you please explain what the problem is? Also, it's not your park. It's the city's park - they just let you use it.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 3:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Kindness should never be expected, only hoped for. You can't mandate kindness. If kindness were mandated, then the word wouldn't even have a useful definition.

In any case, the original poster was disgusted and she/he is not alone but please continue to think it is okay to pee in public...come on, really?

Quote:

It's as much their park as it is mine. If kids get to pee in it, then can I also have sex in it? yeah, I thought so.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 3:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/8/3 1:06
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2012/7/18 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Jaded JC wrote:

You're comparing yourself to a toddler who's barely potty trained and just learning to control her bodily functions? Way to set high standards for yourself. Very classy, in fact. Not. There's a reason why cops don't arrest parents over a little pee in a park. Drunk assholes know better, a child doesn't. Sometimes an urgent situation arises and a parent really doesn't have much choice. I'm sure if we were to ask your mother, you probably had a pee emergency or two as a toddler. Let's hope you maintain your iron bladder and discipline to the grave and that you never become an incontinent old fart. Hoboken isn't "classy." It's just full of white people priced out of Manhattan who are scared off by people of color in substantial numbers. And Hoboken values don't cream JC's. In many areas, values are actually lower per square foot than downtown. All this begs the question: wouldn't your time and energy be better spent looking for your dream condo in Hoboken rather than peppering JC List with endless threads/questions looking for that nonexistent perfect waterfront condo in JC?

So you're telling me ALL or even the Majority of families have let their kids pee in public? Is that your argument? Really?

I never said that the child should be arrested. I said the parent.

If this was some rural area, I would agree that in emergencies, let your kid pee in public. But this is the CITY, there are plenty of stores and restaurants around. GO TO A RESTAURANT AND BUY SOMETHING. Yes, it's called an exchange of money for goods to use private property.

Yeah, let's compare the project areas in Hoboken to downtown Jersey City. That's a fair comparison. The best in JC compared to the worst in Hoboken...come on.

I already found a place so now I have all this time to post on JC, I know you're happy about that.

And I agree with you, Hoboken families are priced out of NYC but still do not settle for JC - don't you ever wonder why? Instead of holding on to what makes us not desirable to those families and businesses (whole foods, etc.) shouldn't we do the opposite? Instead of saying that JC is some "undiscovered gem" shouldn't we want JC to be that DISCOVERED gem? I've lived here all my life and believe me, I want JC to be the "it" place....and I just don't get that from some posters here...

Posted on: 2012/7/18 3:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
Also, why do you need to find a "kind store owner?" The store owner's bathroom is private. Do people come to your hose and ask to use your bathroom? Why should non-paying customers be able to use private bathrooms? What the hell is that...

It's called common human decency and compassion, but I guess you wouldn't know about that in your rigid view of how the world should work, where people are perfectly healthy, were born toilet ready and never have issues. I remember I was once traveling through Chile and Peru and on antibiotics that made me need to use the restroom frequently. Thank god, cafe and bar owners there never once turned me away. When I offered to pay, they even waved it off.

Posted on: 2012/7/18 3:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
K-Lo wrote:

Most "civilized" nations have public bathrooms all over their cities. In Paris, there's one every few blocks. There's no bathroom panic, trying to find a friendly Starbucks or some other kind store owner who will allow you to use the restroom. We reap what we sow. If we as a city provide no facilities for children/adults to use, then this is what happens. Yes, it's not right, polite, or whatever, but that's just the sad state of affairs we live with.

I agree that there should be more public bathrooms but the alternative isn't to pee in public...

So if there is nothing in the city that I can afford, I get to rob people? That's the mentality you are preaching...

If you don't think there are enough public restrooms and if it is a main concern, then you should consider relocating.

Also, why do you need to find a "kind store owner?" The store owner's bathroom is private. Do people come to your hose and ask to use your bathroom? Why should non-paying customers be able to use private bathrooms? What the hell is that...

Posted on: 2012/7/18 3:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

vindication15 wrote:
yep, I maintain class by peeing in a bathroom.

I've seen cops, especially in hoboken arrest these "frat boys" for public urination, lewdness, disorderly behavior etc.

I've never seen a cop arrest a parent for allowing their child to urinate in public.

More importantly, I'm pretty sure it's not all drunken frat boys in hoboken. If that was the case, how would they be able to afford the rent in hoboken (which by the way is much higher than in JC - even downtown). Explain that please. Not to mention that Hoboken home values cream ours also.

So yes, if those families and working class come into JC and bring a few "frat boys" along with them, I'll welcome them with open arms.

You're comparing yourself to a toddler who's barely potty trained and just learning to control her bodily functions? Way to set high standards for yourself. Very classy, in fact. Not.

There's a reason why cops don't arrest parents over a little pee in a park. Drunk assholes know better, a child doesn't. Sometimes an urgent situation arises and a parent really doesn't have much choice. I'm sure if we were to ask your mother, you probably had a pee emergency or two as a toddler. Let's hope you maintain your iron bladder and discipline to the grave and that you never become an incontinent old fart.

Hoboken isn't "classy." It's just full of white people priced out of Manhattan who are scared off by people of color in substantial numbers. And Hoboken values don't cream JC's. In many areas, values are actually lower per square foot than downtown. All this begs the question: wouldn't your time and energy be better spent looking for your dream condo in Hoboken rather than peppering JC List with endless threads/questions looking for that nonexistent perfect waterfront condo in JC?

Posted on: 2012/7/18 3:23

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017