Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
133 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 133

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Don't drive on the shoulder
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
Thx, jmiz. Yes, the NJ State Police officer was outstanding. That's why I started the thread. It was a teachable moment for me, and I think the officer knew it. He was fuming when he approached my car, because I was a little late pulling over. It helped that I was very respectful, and apologetic. Anyway, if some eyeballs see this thread, it will be worth it. Good policing, is what he did.

Posted on: 2012/6/28 13:29

Re: Don't drive on the shoulder
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/22 1:46
Group:
Registered Users
Kudos for taking the blame and not twisting it around on the fat/lazy/doughnut-eating/stupid/mean/angry/jerk/etc officer.

Posted on: 2012/6/28 13:22

Don't drive on the shoulder
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/9/27 23:03
From Jersey City yo!
Group:
Registered Users
I did, and got nailed on NJ Turnpike yesterday. Exit 15W was only 200 feet away, and the traffic was backed up, as usual. So I used the shoulder to exit the roadway. I know, pretty stupid of me. Needless to say, I got nailed by a NJ State trooper in an unmarked car. I was very respectful, and apologized. The trooper must have been in a good mood, because he only gave me an Obstructing Traffic summons (no points, about 60$ fine), and said it could be easily a 5-point offense, but he cuts me a break. He looked me in the eye and asked if I understand it. I said I did, and he told me I am good to go. So, in this spirit, I am sharing this because I did a stupid thing, experienced good policing, and want to remind others that driving on the shoulder (regardless if it is 200 feet or 2000 feet), is not a good idea.

Posted on: 2012/6/28 12:43

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017