Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Steve Fulop Last Day of Work Today - Email - Focus on Campaign
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

asdfdf23 wrote:
I live in the Heights, not even remotely in Fulop's area. Fact is I see and hear him in my neighborhood exponentially more than I do my council person.
There have been times I have written to my councilperson and not received a response acknowledging my email. When I write to Fulop I make it clear I am not in his district, nevertheless he always responds and gives me the pertinent information I request.

Your story is not uncommon. Who would you like to see run on a "slate" or a Fulop endorsed list of individuals from each ward?

I'd like to see Richard Boggiano run for the Hilltop/Journal Square seat currently held by Nidia Lopez.

Downtown: Dan Levin. Although there may have been disputes between Levin and Fulop, Dan is an honest "good government" guy. Sometimes a "team of rivals" is not a bad thing as long as there is compromise instead of gridlock. Downtown resident, Irene Kim Asbury, is another good choice. She's a moderate Northeast Republican (a fossil nowadays) and is ethical and smart. Currently, she's the West New York Municipal Prosecutor.

Heights?

Lafayette?

Westside?

Greenville?

At Large? 1 __________ 2 __________ 3 ____________

Posted on: 2012/4/1 5:44

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 11:58
Group:
Registered Users
I live in the Heights, not even remotely in Fulop's area. Fact is I see and hear him in my neighborhood exponentially more than I do my council person.
There have been times I have written to my councilperson and not received a response acknowledging my email. When I write to Fulop I make it clear I am not in his district, nevertheless he always responds and gives me the pertinent information I request.

Posted on: 2012/4/1 0:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/28 23:29
From Right here!
Group:
Registered Users
?Clearly he lives in a reality far different than the majority of Jersey City residents who cannot afford to take a year off from work," said Healy. "And if Mr. Fulop would like, we can show him around the other five wards of the city ? areas he has yet to visit during his time on the council."

And who's going to show Healy around the 6 wards?

Team Healy must be a little worried. They are starting to stalk key Fulop people. It's been very boring & rough as none of the Fulop people seem to spend very much time in gin mills or following people around during work hours.

Bar keep! Another round!

Posted on: 2012/3/31 14:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
I thought this was a great reply over on the nj.com thread?especially in light of someone getting their head blow off on JScare?

"And if Mr. Fulop would like, we can show him around the other five wards of the city ? areas he has yet to visit during his time on the council."

He is probably afraid to go into the other five wards of the city. We are afraid living here IN the other five wards of the city. What do you think he is stupid? Way to get that crime down Healy?.hey we are lucky today no car jacking?yet!

Posted on: 2012/3/30 3:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/7/15 3:35
From Jersey City, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
Please be tough of violent crime. Healy doesn't quite get that having Jersey City in the news ever night or so with shootings doesn't look great.

FG

Posted on: 2012/3/30 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
I can't wait for someone to post the attendance records for "Team Healy".

Posted on: 2012/3/30 1:10

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck to Steve Fulop. Our only hope to keep people like Jerry Healy and Sandy Cunningham out of power.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 23:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City mayoral hopeful Steve Fulop, the Ward E councilman, has announced he has quit his day job as a Wall Street trader to focus on the 2013 city election.
In an e-mail to supporters, Fulop said the move is symbolic of his ?commitment? to the race.
?I want to spend the next 14 months talking full time about how Jersey City can become an even better place to live and work,? he said. ?History is littered with well-intentioned campaigns that started too late and that were ultimately crushed by the Jersey City political machine. I don?t intend on letting that happen.?
The announcement brought a swift and sarcastic response from Mayor Jerramiah Healy, who is for now Fulop?s only major competition in the 2013 mayoral race.
Healy blasted Fulop?s connection to ?the one percenters on Wall Street,? and chided him for being out of touch.
?Clearly he lives in a reality far different than the majority of Jersey City residents who cannot afford to take a year off from work," said Healy. "And if Mr. Fulop would like, we can show him around the other five wards of the city ? areas he has yet to visit during his time on the council."
The mayor also said Fulop giving up his day job should improve his ?dismal attendance record at caucus and council meetings.?
According to records from the City Clerk, Fulop attended all 22 regular council meetings in 2010 and 20 of 23 caucuses. Last year, he had perfect attendance at all 22 regular meetings and made it to 18 of 22 caucuses. He missed three of four special meetings in 2011.
Fulop, who grossed around $33,000 last year for his council gig, dismissed Healy?s comments.
?The truth is I am going to live the next year on a very tight budget, which is something every taxpayer knows hasn't been the case for the city budget since Healy became mayor,? he said.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... unces_break_from_wal.html

Posted on: 2012/3/29 22:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Great news glad you are hitting the streets of JC. Welcome!

In college I did construction work in the summers in JC. We were doing a sidewalk in a not so great section of JC in 100 degree weather. All of a sudden there was a commotion down the street?another mugging perhaps? No it was none other than Anthony Cucci walking down the street greeting people for the upcoming mayoral election. When he saw us he came over and took off his suit jacket (surprised at that..older Italians usually keep their suit jacket?s on when doing masonry work). He grabbed a shovel and said let me help.

As we were working together he asked for our opinions of what JC needed. We let him know. He had my vote I will never forget that day. (as silly as it may sound)

Make your first street walk over on Newark Ave. Little India and the surrounding streets. Ask all of the neighbors if they even knew about the proposal to make Little India part of the Restaurant Row. See how many HOMEowners in the area want it.

Who introduced the proposal to include Little India? I love the line ?The move is a part of the city?s effort to attract new businesses to the area?. That strip of Newark Ave. has had ALL of the stores fully leased since the mid 70?s? (except for one) So being able to get a liquor license is going to do what for the surrounding neighborhood? Which is and has been fully occupied since the 70's too.

PS ? your slogan should be:

Tired of all the bullshi*? So am I, so am I!

(translated: ?get rid of the Healy machine?)

?follow the money?.

Posted on: 2012/3/29 18:27

Steve Fulop Last Day of Work Today - Email - Focus on Campaign
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
Received this in the morning in my email from Steve Fulop (from his email blast):

After 13 years working in finance, I'm walking away. Well, taking the PATH, back to Jersey City. Today, in fact, is my last day working in New York.

Why? Because I want to spend the next 14 months talking full time about how Jersey City can become an even better place to live and work. The mayoral election is in May 2013 and I know history is littered with well intentioned campaigns that started too late and that were ultimately crushed by the Jersey City political machine. I don?t intend on letting that happen. We are in a very good position, but I know that we face a deeply entrenched political machine.

I am sure we agree that life presents us with both risks and opportunities, and that there are moments that simply have to be seized. That's why I'm taking the scary and important step of going all-in on this campaign.

Commitment is important, and this change in my personal circumstances is part of a commitment to put forth the best mayoral campaign possible, touching the most people. Whether it be at schools, senior centers, bus stops, parks, or PATH stations, I will probably see you in the near future as my goal is to walk every last block in Jersey City starting Monday. I'll be out there. And when you see me, please don?t hesitate to let me know what you think we can be doing to make the city better. My hope is that you will be a part of this in some way, whether you are contributing ideas, financial support, or your time.

As our campaign slogan from the first run at council put it:

?A Good run is Better than a bad Stand? ? Translated

Thank you, as always, for your support.

Sincerely,
Steven

Posted on: 2012/3/29 14:34

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?