Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
145 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 145

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

JC Moms BOE Candidate "Meet & Greet" event

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/23 20:13
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Fellow Jersey City Resident and Activist,

My name is Catalina Aranguren. I am an active member of the Jersey City Mom Meet-Up group, as well as the Dual Language Parent Rep for Conwell PS#3. The JC Moms is a community of almost 600 mothers (+ their partners), representing at least 1000 constituents from throughout JC with great interest and stake in the public schools. As a group of concerned parents, schools and education are preeminent on our members? minds.

There will be an election for 3 open seats for the Jersey City Board of Education (BOE) coming up on April 17th. Even if you do not have kids, or kids in the public school system, the quality of our schools affects quality of life, safety and property values. So, I encourage you to go out and vote. This is a particularly important election for the BOE, as they will have the task of electing a new Superintendent.

To help you obtain the information to make an informed decision in the ballot box, JC Moms has coordinated a BOE Candidate "Meet & Greet". Each candidate will be afforded the opportunity to give a 3 minute introduction then candidates can mingle with participants. All candidates have been invited, and all have been provided an 8-point questionnaire that seeks to solicit each candidate's positions based on the questions JC Moms asked. The ?Meet and Greet? will be held on Tuesday, April 10th at 6:30PM at St Matthew's Church (83 Wayne St). Please feel free to pass along the "Meet & Greet" Information to your members. RSVP to jcmom.schools@gmail.com. As a thank-you to St. Matthews for use of their space, please bring a non-perishable food item or monetary donation for the St. Matthews Food Pantry.

Thank you for helping us make this community, and this city, the best it can be.

Regards,

Catalina Aranguren
JC Moms Schools Committee

Posted on: 2012/3/23 20:17

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact