Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 142

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Jersey City man snatches dog back from would-be robbers who didn't want to leave empty-handed, cops
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
A Jersey City man snatched his dog back and ran away when two alleged robbers -- angry that the man told them he had no money on him -- tried to steal his pet instead early Thursday morning.
"It was awful. I never experienced something like that in my life," said the 22-year-old Bergen Avenue man who managed to get away with his 3-year-old Jack Russell Terrier named Bailey.
The victim was walking his dog near Jewett Avenue Thursday morning when two men "appeared out of nowhere" and one said "You got money? Give me your money," reports said.
When the man told the assailants he had no money, the one man said "I'm gonna take your dog," reports said.
"They grabbed the leash and started pulling the dog toward them and I picked the dog up and ran inside the building and started screaming for help," said the victim, adding that one of the men yelled "Don't let him run."
The 22-year-old said he ran carrying the small brown and white dog and "got into the basement and to my room and called police."
The Bergen Avenue man gave responding officers a description of the robbers and two officers spotted and held two men who fit the description at Crescent and Commuipaw avenues, reports said.
When the victim was brought there, he pointed at one and said "That's him, the fat one on the end," reports said.
Police arrested Jonathan Wade, 19, of Crescent Avenue, and charged him with robbery, reports said. A second man, James Robson, 20, of Harrison Avenue, was found to be carrying an opening razor and was arrested on a weapons charge, reports said.
"I'm 100 percent glad to have my dog back and I'm getting out of this neighborhood," the victim said.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_man_snatches_dog_b.html

Posted on: 2012/3/23 19:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017