Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
120 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 120

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Baught car in NY cant register plz help
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/9/5 2:01
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
First off - congrats on your purchase - e36 is a great car!

I recently did the same thing and hand about a week of run around trying to move the NY title to NJ.

I agree with asd - go tot he NY DMV with the title in hand.

Also - keep in mind that CARFAX indicated the car was clean and they provide buy-back insurance on their reports... you might consider calling them to see what they advise. They will have interest in making sure you manage to properly close this out.

Good Luck.

Posted on: 2012/3/5 14:25

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/6 1:17
Group:
Registered Users
thanks im going to get in contact with the dmv in albany and trenton tomarow again to see what happens the guy i baught the car from is suggesting to order a new title and that when he does that that its should void all other titles then sign that one over to me but i think if he does that then it would probally only void the one i have and not the one in nj does anyone know if this will work?

Posted on: 2012/3/4 21:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
Good luck. Your post reminds me of one of the reasons I don't have a car. The day I got rid of my car was one of my happiest days.

I know many need a car but what a hassle owning one is

Posted on: 2012/3/4 21:40

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/8/12 11:58
Group:
Registered Users
My suggestion based on dealing with NY DMV.
Take the title to a NY DMV office. I know there is one at Broadway and about 32nd in the City (the building has a Mrs. Fields on Broadway at street level)
Tell them your problem with NJ DMV and ask them if the NY DMV considers it a "clean" title. If they do, they might have some suggestions.
Doing this will at least be a start to know if you indeed have a clean title.
In my experience the lines at that particular DMV are not to bad, nevertheless I would probably budget an hour.
There are other DMV offices. I have not found lines to be substantially longer or shorter at the 3 I have been too.
Sucks to be in your situation, but I do find your sellers story mostly plausible.
Another suggestion, call the NY DMV at their main office in Albany http://www.dmv.ny.gov/call.htm
I would start with the "Title Services Bureau (Weekdays, except Wednesdays and state holidays 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.):
1-518-486-4714"
Best of luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Posted on: 2012/3/4 20:26

Baught car in NY cant register plz help

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/3/6 1:17
Group:
Registered Users
hello i live in nj and just purchased a bmw e36 from a man that lives in ny and the titles under his name i stuck it in the air and can see the statue of liberty through it and everything the vin numbers match the car and i tried to register the car and they said i couldnt because its under some elses name in nj n told me to get in contact with the man i purchased the car from and have him call the trenton dmv so i had him on three way and called they told him to go to the ny dmv and get the paper work proving where he purchased the car he then went and told me he waited 3 hours in line and they gave him wronge information where he had to pay ten dollars make a money order for every question he had to ask and he called and they said that no that that has nothing to do with what he needed so he called a 518 number for titles and registrations and they said that there is no other title floating around the title he signed over was the only title and now he's telling me hes done running around that it falls in my hands now what should i do? the title saise *NO LIENS RECORDED * i paid for a carfax vehicle report and everything came up good i dont understand he said he purchased the car in 2004 under his uncles name and then switched titles under his name and has had it under his name for 4 years with the ny dmv giving him no problems he baught the car off a small dealer who got it from an auction
i heard that ordering a new title can void the title in ny but does anyone know if it would void the floating title in nj

Posted on: 2012/3/4 18:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017