Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Montgomery Gardens housing complex: Man stabbed in the neck
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/12/26 15:30
From GV Bayside Park
Group:
Registered Users
I grew up in Williamsburg Brooklyn in the mid 80's b4 it was hipster-land one thing that is different in NYC is that there are tons of programs for young people to keep them off the streets. like city gyms, pools, etc. Jersey City offers nothing to young people. I interviewed several young kids hanging out in Greenville and asked them why are they loitering and not doing anything with there time and their response was there is nothing to do here but hang out. its a shame that the city does not provide anything for young people. There is no city gyms, clubs etc. If you want kids to stay out of trouble we have to do better. from time to time I work out in the city gym in NYC and its always full of teenagers which is great. JC ignores young people.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 17:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
It was a poor african-american urban section of chicago/ south side. i was surprised that there was so much violence in the latino community there.

since the schools don't seem to be able to get through to these kids, and the parents obviously can't, maybe society should consider turning prisons into places/schools where these young people get the education and reasoning skills that they need. just a thought.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 17:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

hero69 wrote:
...these kids just don't seem to think, everything is on impulse.

It seems to me one of the best ways to break up this kind of mentality would be to essentially much better integrate these poor communities. Just a thought. Constructive comments are appreciated, of course.

Were they intergrated already, and if so with whom ? Also if you say better at what degree, how do you measure the level of intergration ?

Posted on: 2012/2/15 15:21
Get on your bikes and ride !

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/30 21:43
Group:
Registered Users
when does it end. I saw an interesting program last night on Frontline about the CeaseFire program in Chicago to reduce gang violence. I was just shocked at the mentality of young gang members there...these kids just don't seem to think, everything is on impulse.

It seems to me one of the best ways to break up this kind of mentality would be to essentially much better integrate these poor communities. Just a thought. Constructive comments are appreciated, of course.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 14:58

Montgomery Gardens housing complex: Man stabbed in the neck
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Man stabbed in the neck, police reports

Published: Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 8:40 AM
By The Jersey Journal

The Seaview Avenue resident told police he was sitting alone on a bench in the courtyard of Montgomery Gardens housing complex on Montgomery Street when someone he did not know stabbed him in the neck, reports said.

A 23-year-old Jersey City man was stabbed in the neck Monday night, The Jersey Journal reports.

Police officers were called to the Jersey City Medical Center emergency room at 10:19 p.m. where they met a Seaview Avenue resident who was being treated for a stab wound to the left side of his neck, reports said.

Posted on: 2012/2/15 14:32

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017