Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
115 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 115

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Hudson County's delegation to Trenton will have two new faces, Sean Connors and Angelica Jimenez
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/7/17 17:42
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Banned
What does that matter when you have the right relatives and friends? He's an "up and comer"! I wouldn't be surprised to see him mayor some day.

And the machine rolls on...

Posted on: 2011/11/9 16:23

Re: Hudson County's delegation to Trenton will have two new faces, Sean Connors and Angelica Jimenez
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/13 23:34
Group:
Registered Users
Sean Connors is one of the stupidest creatures to walk on two legs.

Posted on: 2011/11/9 16:14

Hudson County's delegation to Trenton will have two new faces, Sean Connors and Angelica Jimenez
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Hudson County's delegation to Trenton will have two new faces, Sean Connors and Angelica Jimenez

Published: Wednesday, November 09, 2011, 3:00 AM
By Charles Hack/The Jersey Journal

With legislative district lines reconfigured due to new Census numbers, Hudson County will be sending a couple of new faces to Trenton.

Running on the Hudson County Democratic Organization slate yesterday, Sean Connors, a 42-year-old Jersey City police officer cruised to victory, snaring one of the two Assembly seats up for grabs in the 33rd Legislative District.

And in the newly reconfigured 32nd Legislative District, which shifted northward, political newbie Angelica Jimenez, of West New York, also won an Assembly seat with the backing of the HCDO.

?I am thankful for all the voters who came out in the 33rd District to push the Democrats over the top,? Connors said last night at the Ukrainian Community Center on Fleet Street in Jersey City.

?I am looking forward to working with all the elected officials throughout Hudson County to improve services.?

Connors, a Jersey City Board of Education member who will now have to give up that post, said he plans to make transportation and fixing roads a top priority.

State Sen. Brian Stack, of Union City, and Assemblyman Ruben Ramos, of Hoboken, both easily won re-election in the 33rd District.

?We are very happy with the numbers,? Stack, who is also the mayor of Union City, said last night.

?We clearly made an adjustment to the new district after it had been redistricted. I want to thank all the constituents who came out and voted, and they can look forward to their senator working very hard, day and night.?

State Sen. Nicholas Sacco won re-election in the 32nd District, as did Secaucus Assemblyman Vincent Prieto. Sacco is also the mayor of North Bergen and assistant superintendent of schools in the township.

The state legislative lineup in the 31st Legislative District, which includes all of Bayonne and the southern part of Jersey City, remained unchanged.

State Sen. Sandra B. Cunningham easily won re-election, as did Assemblymen Charles Mainor, of Jersey City, and Jason O?Donnell, of Bayonne.

?I am going to the Assembly for two more years and I am looking forward to creating jobs in the 31st District,? O?Donnell said last night at the Chandelier Restaurant in Bayonne, where about 100 Democrat stalwarts gathered to celebrate their victory. ?That (creating jobs) is the number one priority.?

Posted on: 2011/11/9 14:52

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017