Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
151 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 151

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Traffic ticket
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Usually the date is the deadline for payment of the ticket. Is the little box next to "court arrearence required" checked off ? If not then either mail the ticket in with payment with a SASE for a receipt. Also go to the ticket payment room it is a seperate entrance to the left of the Jersey City Muncipal court house on Summit Ave. they are open late in the evenings.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 16:27

Re: Traffic ticket
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/4 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
You should go down to the ticket office on Summit Avenue & check or get a court date. Unless it's some crazy ticket you should be able to plea it down. Have gone twice to court in last few months & most cases are dropped because of there mistake or plead down if you have no other tickets in last 3 years.

Also, if you miss your court date like many do they look down on that & makes the cases harder to plea when you do show up.

Good Luck.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 15:56

Traffic ticket

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/24 15:23
Group:
Registered Users
I was hoping someone could help explain JC traffic court to me as it does not seem like any other traffic court I've been to. Granted it's been over 10 years since I've been to traffic court.

I got a ticket. It says my court date is today at 5 and I am supposed to call teh court to argue the ticket. I want to try to plead it down. I called today and they said I have no court date. I said my ticket says today and I was told if I show up today I will be sent home. However, I'm worried if I do not show up today then it's an admission of my guilt and then I'm also stuck with late fees.

Any idea what I should do? IT seems contradictory and there's extra confusion for no reason. I have to take off work for this so to not would be great. However, if I do notshow up I dont want to get in more trouble.

Thanks.

Posted on: 2011/10/24 15:27

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017