Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City motorists have till June to pay outstanding tickets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/7/18 2:23
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
Why did I expect anything less from this site... first of all I pay my bills.. on time no less obviously if I had RECEIVED a registration renewal in the mail I would have renewed it end of story... never received it I had a new car and my registration was good for 3 years or something like that so I honestly didnt think of it. It would have been nice if they pulled me over to let me know instead of just giving me tickets left and right

What do you mean why should you expect anything less from tis site? I am offering you my differing opinion based on your statements.

Are you saying you received multiple tickets for the same violation already?

Posted on: 2011/5/21 13:05
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Why did I expect anything less from this site... first of all I pay my bills.. on time no less obviously if I had RECEIVED a registration renewal in the mail I would have renewed it end of story... never received it I had a new car and my registration was good for 3 years or something like that so I honestly didnt think of it. It would have been nice if they pulled me over to let me know instead of just giving me tickets left and right

Posted on: 2011/5/20 1:34

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Greenvillechick wrote:
Why am I just now seeing this? So for the past three weeks the cops have used this system because unbeknowest to memy registration expired so these cops anytime they are in back of me run their little plate reading device and were issuing me tickets for expired registration without even pulling me over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So frustrated just a heads up to anyone make sure everything is on the up and up with this new stupid system I forsee a TON of boots in the future, but wait it says they could be subject to arrest and impound of their car... for an old ticket??? REALLY JC?

First of all, the police do not need to pull you over to run your registration.

Second, the police do not need a plate scanner to read your plate. They have the ability to type it in by hand on their computers.

Third, if this is like the device used in many other cities, as the police drive by parked vehicles, the scanner reads the plates and compares it to the database. It is a much quicker system than pulling up to every parked car and running the registration. You clearly don't understand how this system is being used.

Fourth, just because you have not been responsible enough to maintain your vehicles registration does not make this a stupid system. If the police were behind you and knew that your registration was expired, they would have pulled you over. It is not like they are writing secret tickets.

Just a heads up for people? Really? Maybe you should also give people a heads up for maintaining vehicle insurance. Maintaining their vehicle inspections? Making sure they have a valid driver's license? Shall we give everyone a reminder for everything they need to be responsible for?

Fifth, yes really an arrest and impound for outstanding tickets, fines and scofflaw warrants. It's a shame it has taken this long for the city to start catching up to people with unpaid tickets and fines. I'm sure it will not be a windfall for the city, but at least they will be collecting the money that is due.

And by the way, any offense is an arrestable offense. It is up to the officer whether or not he/she wants to be that extreme. It is also up to the violator. Bad attitude usually leads to heftier fines, more violations, and nice jewelry. Most officers would rather not deal with the additional paperwork.

I'm no fan of the city when it comes to taking money from people, but if you have outstanding tickets and/or are a numerous offender I applaud the city and JCPD.

Posted on: 2011/5/19 22:45
- Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
good thing I sold my car last year. take that! *shakes fist at the man*

Posted on: 2011/5/19 21:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/8/23 20:19
From York & Grove
Group:
Banned
You probably should make sure your car is on the road legally -- not too hard to pay the registration being it comes months before it's due.

Posted on: 2011/5/19 18:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/12/29 3:50
Group:
Registered Users
Arrest and impound resulting from an unpaid ticket might not be a new policy, and it isn't just in Jersey City. It happened to a friend of mine a couple of months ago when she made the mistake of asking a policeman who was directing traffic about the best route around some flooding in Kearny.

My friend was arrested, held in the police department for hours, had her car impounded and lost a few days of work over a parking ticket from a few years ago that she never even knew about.

Posted on: 2011/5/19 16:57

Jersey City motorists have till June to pay outstanding tickets
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
Why am I just now seeing this? So for the past three weeks the cops have used this system because unbeknowest to memy registration expired so these cops anytime they are in back of me run their little plate reading device and were issuing me tickets for expired registration without even pulling me over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So frustrated just a heads up to anyone make sure everything is on the up and up with this new stupid system I forsee a TON of boots in the future, but wait it says they could be subject to arrest and impound of their car... for an old ticket??? REALLY JC?

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_motorists_have_unt.html

Grace period for scofflaws
Monday, May 16, 2011

Motorists have until June 1 to pay outstanding traffic tickets before their names are entered into a database that can be accessed by police vehicles equipped with new license plate-reading devices.

The Jersey City Municipal Court and the Jersey City Police Department instituted a grace period during which citizens can make arrangements to pay their fines, according to a statement by Police Chief Tom Comey. The grace period ends June 1.

Police vehicles equipped with the license plate recognition reader devices will focus on vehicles registered to motorists with outstanding tickets, fines and scofflaw warrants and violators will be subject to arrest and having their vehicle impounded, Comey said.

Anyone wishing to pay their tickets or fines or to address warrants can do so by appearing at the Jersey City Municipal Court, Violations Bureau, 365 Summit Ave., Jersey City, during court hours.

Posted on: 2011/5/19 15:55

Re: Grace period for scofflaws -- Police vehicles with license plate recognition readers coming
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Not in JC anymore
Group:
Registered Users
I've often wondered why the police, and I don't just mean JCPA, but PD in general, don't just go to the residence and impound the vehicle there. I had a friend whose registration from an old car was stolen years ago in NYC. She kept getting notices for unpaid violations and couldn't renew her registration. Even after going to court and getting it cleared up, she kept getting notices and holds on her license and registration. I got a list of where the violations occurred, which happened to be in common general vicinity, drove over to the general location, drove in a 3-block radius and voila, in 5 minutes, I found the car with the stolen registration. We went to the local precinct, explained the situation, but they said there was nothing they could do. This guy had a stolen registration and had about $10K in unpaid fines, yet the PD was unwilling to do anything. I never understood that.

Posted on: 2011/5/17 23:48

Grace period for scofflaws -- Police vehicles with license plate recognition readers coming
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Grace period for scofflaws

Monday, May 16, 2011

Motorists have until June 1 to pay outstanding traffic tickets before their names are entered into a database that can be accessed by police vehicles equipped with new license plate-reading devices.

The Jersey City Municipal Court and the Jersey City Police Department instituted a grace period during which citizens can make arrangements to pay their fines, according to a statement by Police Chief Tom Comey. The grace period ends June 1.

Police vehicles equipped with the license plate recognition reader devices will focus on vehicles registered to motorists with outstanding tickets, fines and scofflaw warrants and violators will be subject to arrest and having their vehicle impounded, Comey said.

Anyone wishing to pay their tickets or fines or to address warrants can do so by appearing at the Jersey City Municipal Court, Violations Bureau, 365 Summit Ave., Jersey City, during court hours.

JOURNAL STAFF

Posted on: 2011/5/16 13:54

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017