Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (127 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 140

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking Ticket Questions
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2011/4/5 17:25

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/11/5 5:47
Group:
Registered Users
I believe that parking by a broken meter , for longer then the maximum time limit is illegal. It should be reported to the JCPA. The meter number is required . As for the sweeper ticket question, the address should be recorded properly . An intersection is not clear . I believe worth the fight. Good luck

Posted on: 2011/4/5 17:04

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/5/21 20:27
Group:
Registered Users
I might be responding to late to help you but here it goes anyway.
A parking ticket for an expired meter should have the meter # included on the ticket. I would call the court on Summit Ave and plead not guilty. I would take a picture of the meter that was malfunctioning and bring it to court with you. Hopefully, it won?t be repaired before you take your pictures.
I have fought many bogus tickets, pleaded my case and won. Most often, if you show physical pictures and have a convincing story the judge will give you the benefit of the doubt and dismiss the ticket. You cannot bring in your personal camera and ask the judge to search through pictures you have taken.
Im not sure about the street cleaning ticket with an intersection instead of address is valid or not. I would look at the street cleaning sign on the side street of the blocked you were parked on see if it corresponds with the time on the ticket. Again, if you have pictures and the convincing story the ticket may get dismissed. If your found guilty, you can pay the ticket at the court. Let us know what happened!

Posted on: 2011/4/5 14:01

Parking Ticket Questions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/11 17:26
From Newport
Group:
Registered Users
Does a ticket issued for over time at a meter need to include the meter # in the space on the ticket marked meter? I tried to feed the meter but it was broken. It would not accept the quarters I tried to feed it.

Also, does a ticket issued for street cleaning need to include the address for where the ticket was issued. The ticket I got says only "BY 8ST Monmouth ST" Reading the ticket it is not clear if I was parked on 8th or on Monmouth.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted on: 2011/3/22 23:47

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017