Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Shared parking lot
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/13 1:50
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Believe it or not you actually need a permit to park in front of your own driveway. Obtained thru the parking authority.

Posted on: 2011/2/5 2:31

Re: Shared parking lot
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
Are you part of a complex with a management office? They should help you. Alternatively, you might be able to call the JC Parking Authority, especially if they are next to a hydrant.

Posted on: 2011/2/4 20:40

Shared parking lot
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/20 14:49
Group:
Registered Users
I live in a row of townhouses that has a shared parking lot in the back. My neighbors on both sides use their garage space as living space and often will park directly in front of their home (parallel to where the garage would be). I, however, use my garage to park my car and have difficulty maneuvering into and out of the space due to my neighbors parking their cars too close. I have lines painted on the ground to designated how much room they have to park before they block my garage, but despite repeated requests they regularly park too close and I either have to do a 9 point maneuver to get into/out of the garage, or ring their doorbell and ask them to move their vehicle.

How do I find out if it is illegal for them to park there? There are spaces against the fence for everyone, but because they have too many vehicles they can't fit them all in (or can't be bothered to do so). Also, there is a fire hydrant near one of the townhouse garages further down; can I call the fire department to say that these cars are blocking access?

Posted on: 2011/2/4 19:09

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017