Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
110 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Reading programs in Jersey City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/1/12 17:03
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Michele:

Thank you for the information. I was looking to see if there was any program available to the students that is somewhat like a "Book Club" for adults. Where the kids can gather together and read a book each month and discuss it with a group of their peers. I've seen that there was something like this being promoted by the Pepsi Refresh Project where someone was looking to get funds from Pepsi to get e-readers for children to do this program. I looked on the library's website and did not see anything like it there so I decided to see if there was any organization around the city doing this. Thought it would be an interesting way to promote reading in children around the entire city.

Posted on: 2011/1/7 15:36
Jay Res

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/11/29 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
Dear Jay Res,

What type of "reading programs" were you thinking about?

The Vincenzo Domenico Bonetti II Children's Room at the Main Library and the children's rooms at individual branches provide guidance by library staff in the encouragement and selection of reading materials, year-round.

Story Hour schedules in the Fall (September - December) and Spring (March - May) offer children and their parents/caregivers/guardians the chance to enjoy an oral reading experience together in the Main Library's Bonetti Children's Room and in all branches throughout the library system.

The Summer Reading Program is available annually at the Jersey City Free Public Library for children (K-5) and young adults (Grades 6-8, & up), for eight weeks, generally from mid-June to mid-August.

Please visit our website at http://www.jclibrary.org

Please look to the left of the library homepage, under "Library Info," and select, "Libraries," where you will be able to visit each individual department and branch homepage.

I hope this helps!

Michele M. Dupey, MLIS
Public Information Officer
Jersey City Free Public Library

Posted on: 2011/1/7 15:24

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
I never received any response on my query about reading programs in the city. Is there nothing currently available for the children of JC?!?

Posted on: 2011/1/5 15:37
Jay Res

Reading programs in Jersey City
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From The Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Hey everyone:

Does anyone know of any organizations that offer reading programs for the children all throughout the city? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/12/12 21:37
Jay Res

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017