Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
79 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 79

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bedbugs are found in Jersey City courthouse, government offices
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/1/28 0:17
Group:
Registered Users
Bedbugs may creep you out, but they're not that bad. Catch them early before they dig in and they're very treatable. But expensive.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 20:12

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/1 17:12
Group:
Registered Users
No. But claim a bedbug allergy and you may have something.

Posted on: 2013/2/28 19:29

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/8 17:09
Group:
Registered Users
could fear of bedbugs be used as an excuse to get out of jury duty?!

Posted on: 2013/2/28 1:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
They had them before in this place. Just look at what goes in there day in and day out.

Posted on: 2013/2/27 21:50
Get on your bikes and ride !

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Bedbugs are back!

Man shows up in Hudson County courtroom 'covered in bed bugs'

A section of the Hudson County Administration building had to be sprayed for bed bugs yesterday after a man appeared for court covered in the blood-feeding insects.

Parts of the top floor of the building, which houses a section of the Hudson County Superior Court, had to be sprayed by an outside contractor that works for the county, county spokesman Jim Kennelly said.

The spraying, which took place between 3:30 and 4:30 yesterday afternoon, occurred in rooms 900 and 902, as well as moldings in the hallway outside the two rooms, two outer offices and a nearby bathroom, Kennelly said.

Superior Court closes at 4:30 p.m.

An attorney familiar with the incident said it began when a man appeared for court, "covered in bed bugs."

However, an employee in the Superior Court maintains only one bed bug was found on the man, who was appearing for drug court.

There was no word on whether there were any evacuations or if the court was out of session, and it is not known what happened to the man accused of bring the pests to court.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ounty_administration.html

Posted on: 2013/2/27 21:39

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/11 21:27
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
*shudder*

I'd be remiss if I did not point out NJ.com's tasty bedbug section and big, bad infographic detailing everything you ever wanted to know (and maybe didn't) about them:

http://www.nj.com/bedbugs/

http://www.nj.com/bedbugs/index.ssf/2 ... ts_to_make_your_skin.html

Also, a place to share your stories:

http://www.nj.com/bedbugs/index.ssf/2 ... _worst_bedbug_storie.html

Living in JC and being in the city so much, I feel resigned that it's only a matter of time before I'm doing my own battle with them. If I were smarter, I'd be working on developing a repellent for personal use now.

For now, I'll be grateful I don't have any court appearances scheduled. :)

Posted on: 2010/11/4 13:30

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users

View Larger Map
View Larger Map Jersey City Municipal Courthouse bedbug incident has visitors in fear of bringing home bloodsuckers Tuesday, November 02, 2010 By KARINA L. ARRUE JOURNAL STAFF WRITER People visiting the Jersey City Municipal Courthouse yesterday had mixed reactions to a report of a recent bedbug incident there. City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill said last week that a single bedbug was found in the data entry unit at the courthouse. The courthouse, which was closed on Friday, underwent a routine extermination on Friday and opened as usual yesterday. "They should tell people," said Jaycie Fuentes as she was leaving the building yesterday with her 14-month-old daughter. Fuentes said she would have never taken her baby to the courthouse if she had known about the bedbug incident, But Jersey City resident Leo Cede?o was not at all surprised. "It's not just here, it's in all prisons, and official department (buildings)," he said in Spanish. Cede?o said he has been bitten by bedbugs before, as did Eugene Vasquez, a Summit man who was visiting the courthouse to contest a parking ticket. "I hope not to take one of them home," Vasquez said, adding that he recently had to buy an expensive foam mattress following a bedbug infestation in the building where he lives. Officials also confirmed two isolated bedbug incidents last week at the Hudson County Plaza, 257 Cornelison Ave.

Posted on: 2010/11/2 15:07

Bedbugs are found in Jersey City courthouse, government offices
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Bedbugs are found in Jersey City courthouse, government offices

Monday, November 01, 2010
By KARINA L. ARRUE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Bedbugs have made their way to the most posh of New York hotels. Now they apparently want to see what life is like across the river

Officials confirmed last week that both the Hudson County Plaza building and the Jersey City Municipal Court have had recent bedbug incidents.

According to a tipster who called The Jersey Journal, bedbugs were found in the data entry department on the first floor of the Jersey City Municipal Courthouse on Summit Avenue.

Maria Pagan, the court director, declined to comment, but city spokesman Jennifer Morrill said that a single bed bug was found Tuesday in the Data Entry Unit.

"The Jersey City Health Department was notified and inspectors and the exterminator under contract with the city responded and verified that it was a bed bug," Morrill said. "The exterminator then inspected the entire building, including the furniture, and no other bedbug was found and he advised that no further treatment was necessary."

Morrill said the court was scheduled to undergo its routine extermination on Friday and would continue to operate as usual.

"The fact that it's in our court is not surprising," said H.K. "Chuck" Carol, president of Jersey City Public Employees Local 246, which represents employees at the court. "This is what happens in a mobile society."

At Hudson County Plaza, 257 Cornelison Ave., there were two isolated bedbug incidents last week, county Public Works Director Harold Demellier said.

The building is home to numerous county offices, including the Patrol Division of the Sheriff's Department, the County Clerk and the County Register.

Demellier said high traffic areas are being exterminated two to three times a week.

"We see clients here," Demellier said, by way of explaining how the bedbugs got into the complex. "It's a public building ... people are going to bring them in."

Frances Cintron, president of AFSCME Local 2306, said bedbugs had previously been found on the third and fifth floors of the building, but said management is now taking "the proper precautions."

Deputy Managing Editor Ron Zeitlinger contributed to this story.

Posted on: 2010/11/1 10:11

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017