Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
44 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 44

more...




Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users






Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#24
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/3/25 23:21
Last Login :
2010/3/29 0:15
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1
Offline
If the city is trying to save money, instead of giving furloughs to employees, why don't they fire the highly paid maniac Razzoli? He does nothing but create chaos. What is an Assistant Construction Official anyway? No other city has one. Ray Meyer can do the job without him.

Posted on: 2010/3/25 23:34
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#23
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/21 15:10
Last Login :
2010/3/5 3:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4
Offline
HEEEEEE'S BAAAACKK

NO NECK RAZZOLI some how weazled his way back into the building department. This nut job apparently never had the appropriate license from the state to begin with. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE FINE HIM JUST LIKE HE FINE'S ALL THE LEGIT BUSINESS OWNERS IN JC!!!! Whats next?? McCann gets a job with the city! Noooo that couldn't happen he has a criminal record, right?

Posted on: 2010/2/25 3:29
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#22
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/4 22:40
Last Login :
2011/6/28 2:49
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 2
Offline
Quote:

areyousure wrote:
I am so scared after reading all these posts here. Just planning to do some remodel work that will need permits from JCBD (get rid of a closet and a none pressure bearing wall), will it take several months to get the permit and pass their inspections? One month delay will cost me $3000 in renting..............


What you say is exactly what drives homeowners and contractors alike to avoid pulling permits by keeping work on the low down. I've never had a contractor of any flavor volunteer that the job needed a permit. They always want to avoid it, yet there seems no serious consequences when they get caught, and the homeowner pays the fines.

It's like a game of cat and mouse with both the contractors and Inspectors the cats and us the mice. Combine that with the fact that no unlicensed multifamily owner is allowed to DIY even permitted work, and you have a culture of avoiding Buildings at all costs.

You'd be amazed at what minor work requires a permit. Any plumbing that breaks the trap seal needs one. Hanging a cabinet needs one, but replacing a cabinet does not. Just be thankful if you don't have rat on your block like I do, jumping at any chance to call Buildings on me even for something as simple as changing a tenants water heater, though I've never done him any harm.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 22:54
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#21
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/10/8 14:42
Last Login :
2010/3/11 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4
Offline
I am so scared after reading all these posts here. Just planning to do some remodel work that will need permits from JCBD (get rid of a closet and a none pressure bearing wall), will it take several months to get the permit and pass their inspections? One month delay will cost me $3000 in renting..............

Posted on: 2010/2/22 20:50
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#20
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2005/9/15 16:41
Last Login :
2019/6/19 18:03
From Grove St.
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 115
Offline

Posted on: 2010/2/22 20:47
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#19
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2006/11/13 18:42
Last Login :
3/15 23:54
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4119
Offline
Resized Image

Posted on: 2010/2/22 19:53
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#18
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/22 15:52
Last Login :
2010/2/22 15:53
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1
Offline
Let get one thing right. It could be very hard to get a permit or it could be very easy. I?ve noticed if you provide them with all the information that they want not what is required the permit would be approved, maybe not the 1st time reviewed but by the 5th time. With Mike leaving the JCBD thing might get reviewed in a timely manner and all permits be reviewed using the same code, not his. There was never any reasoning with mike, it was his way or no way. I was told by the inspectors that they had to follow his direction or they could be fired and written up. So I kind of feel for them, they all have families. As of who takes the fire subcode spot, it should be a lot better then now. I could remember last year when Bryant was reviewing all permits. Thing were reviewed in a timely manner and you were able to meet with him and he would listen and not yell at you. He may not agree with you because Mike would force him to make those calls on the review. If he took the job I think thing could change. He has always listened and considers what I said but then said that mike would have the final say. I remember many issues that Bryant or Jeff agreed with me but Mike did not so the permit would not be approved or pass inspection. What ever happens should be better then now. Change is good, its time.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 16:00
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#17
Quite a regular
Quite a regular


Hide User information
Joined:
2009/6/17 21:07
Last Login :
2010/8/23 16:00
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 54
Offline
I really do hope that someday there is an overhall of the JCBD. It is, BY FAR, the WORST city agency that I have ever had to deal with in my life. And I have been to some really bad DMV's!!

Posted on: 2010/2/22 14:43
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#16
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/21 18:59
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 137
Offline
Quote:

jchero wrote:
Here's my 2nd post ever on JC list...

Thats exactly right RAZZOLI makes up the code as he goes along!!!! I think his exact words were "The code is how I interpret it" WRONG!! Hey Mike screw you!!!! Oh yeah, BRYANT CURRY , Razzolis as licker inspector works in Monmouth County as well. This jackass made me wait 3 months before I received my approvals and made my friends business wait 6 months just because he could. WHERE IS THE OVERSIGHT????? BRYANT CURRY, screw you too!!!!! I will never forget what they are doing and have done in the past to every hard working store owner, builder and resident of JC.

"REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD"




By your last statement it appears you may have had a hand in forceing mike out.So your not some wronged citizen but probably
one of those two fat potatoe heads in city hall who think they run
Jersey City.Next time the blue bus comes one of you are sure to be on it,taking up two seats no doubt.

FBI has been aware of all this nonsence for months.The guy on the 14th floor has been tapeing you all.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 14:33
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#15
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2004/11/26 15:57
Last Login :
2013/5/15 1:20
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 112
Offline
Quote:
teacher wrote: New bathroom approval only 14 months....thanks Dan Wreiden. never ending moronic process...Building+Historic Board....minds well not do it.


Why you would even be involving Wreiden for a new bathroom is a mystery. Unless any exterior change is street-visible or any interior change is altering structural integrity, you can rightfully tell the historical preservation folks to go blow it out their ass.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 2:35
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#14
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/1/2 21:05
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 195
Offline
The problem in the Building Dept. has existed for years. There have been a number of arrests and convictions but the culture of corruption continues to exist. The problem starts at the top with Ray Meyer the Construction Code Official and his boss Carl Czaplicki, the HEDC Director. Czaplicki aka City Official # 3, who sat idly by while Solomon Dwek passed out bribes.

Posted on: 2010/2/22 1:04
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#13
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/21 15:10
Last Login :
2010/3/5 3:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4
Offline
Here's my 2nd post ever on JC list...

Thats exactly right RAZZOLI makes up the code as he goes along!!!! I think his exact words were "The code is how I interpret it" WRONG!! Hey Mike screw you!!!! Oh yeah, BRYANT CURRY , Razzolis as licker inspector works in Monmouth County as well. This jackass made me wait 3 months before I received my approvals and made my friends business wait 6 months just because he could. WHERE IS THE OVERSIGHT????? BRYANT CURRY, screw you too!!!!! I will never forget what they are doing and have done in the past to every hard working store owner, builder and resident of JC.

"REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD"

Posted on: 2010/2/22 0:25
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#12
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/21 18:59
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 137
Offline
Quote:

caj11 wrote:
Quote:

sickntired wrote:
The man attempted to vote for Healy during the last election until he was stopped by a poll worker. The problem?? He lives in Middlesex County.... This is a documented fact!! So spare us the "honest guy" crap.

Mike is a nice guy, but he has cost people their business lives and some people their homes. Why?? Because he made the rules up as he went along. He was over his head, plain and simple.

On another note, the building department is just like the rest of the city gov't. OUT OF CONTROL!! They have no idea what they are doing, they act like they are doing you a favor. They all need to be fired and replaced by people who know who to run a BUSINESS. Not people who know someone in city hall.

The building department is a JOKE!!!


Regarding Mr. Razzoli, are you saying that he is not a resident of Jersey City? WTF?! I thought people who worked for Jersey City had to live here, at least those at manager level like Mr. Razzoli!

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed on this website, but I am just blown away by the fact that someone at one of the higher levels of a city agency is not a city resident. No wonder nobody over there gives a sh__.


Are you kidding me, the chief of police lives in parlin.Half the directors in JC live outside the city.Head of parking Auth. lives in Bayonne.

One of the reasons city hall has a vendetta against razzolli is because he would not work for the Mayor/pandolfo/Armondo roman picked candidate in the last election"Guy convicted Cattrillo" No wonder he was challenged.

You know sickntired/jc hero we should keep this thread open as long as possible so we can talk about how city hall tried to strong arm the JCBD into selling tickets an approving C/O's for their friends.Vega's illigal C/O on monmouth street,CO's for election day HDQ with fire violations,Restarants that should not open except they are holding events for City Hall.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 23:05
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#11
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
2021/11/30 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
Quote:

sickntired wrote:
The man attempted to vote for Healy during the last election until he was stopped by a poll worker. The problem?? He lives in Middlesex County.... This is a documented fact!! So spare us the "honest guy" crap.

Mike is a nice guy, but he has cost people their business lives and some people their homes. Why?? Because he made the rules up as he went along. He was over his head, plain and simple.

On another note, the building department is just like the rest of the city gov't. OUT OF CONTROL!! They have no idea what they are doing, they act like they are doing you a favor. They all need to be fired and replaced by people who know who to run a BUSINESS. Not people who know someone in city hall.

The building department is a JOKE!!!


Regarding Mr. Razzoli, are you saying that he is not a resident of Jersey City? WTF?! I thought people who worked for Jersey City had to live here, at least those at manager level like Mr. Razzoli!

Please forgive me if this has already been discussed on this website, but I am just blown away by the fact that someone at one of the higher levels of a city agency is not a city resident. No wonder nobody over there gives a sh__.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 22:30
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#10
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/9/29 17:46
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 176
Offline
Quote:

Shadow wrote:
It is only necessary to know one thing about the building department. It is insidiously corrupt throughout. The feds and other law enforcement officials are aware of this and as yet have allowed it to operate. The hope is that finally when Healy is brought down this slime- ridden office will be cleansed out.


BINGO! The only way to stop the corruption is to get these freak'n people OUT! They make the rules as they go along. There is no accountability. Also do not be surprised if some are being bullied by their superiors, because at some point or another they refused to "go along" They are in fear of losing their jobs. There is one guy that got fired for spending 1.00 on ice on a city card, only because he sympathyzed with some union workers who were fighting privitazation several yrs. ago.
But yet, the council approves legal theft of the tax payers through approved voted ordinances. There are city workers who really care about, live and work for Jersey City.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 20:28
I am a rock, I am an Island... and a rock feels no pain and an island never cries...Simon & Garfunkle
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#9
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/21 20:04
Last Login :
2010/2/21 20:06
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1
Offline
The man attempted to vote for Healy during the last election until he was stopped by a poll worker. The problem?? He lives in Middlesex County.... This is a documented fact!! So spare us the "honest guy" crap.

Mike is a nice guy, but he has cost people their business lives and some people their homes. Why?? Because he made the rules up as he went along. He was over his head, plain and simple.

On another note, the building department is just like the rest of the city gov't. OUT OF CONTROL!! They have no idea what they are doing, they act like they are doing you a favor. They all need to be fired and replaced by people who know who to run a BUSINESS. Not people who know someone in city hall.

The building department is a JOKE!!!

Posted on: 2010/2/21 20:13
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#8
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/21 18:59
Last Login :
2014/3/19 0:53
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 137
Offline
I often come to this site but this is my first responce.jc hero seeks to smear a person in the building dept (mike Rizzoli) who happens to be the most honest guy on the forth floor.City hall has slowly been trying to squeeze him out of the Dept.for months for just this reason.

Disclaimer:i am a jersey city Firemen fed up as much as the next taxpayer but I'm also fed up with City Hall lie's.

This all started when Mike Rizzoli slapped a violation Notice on the low life Chief of staff to the Mayor Dominick Pandolfo.A giant Crack in the building he owns across from City Hall made the structure unsafe.More on how he came to buy this building for next to nothing Later.At this point Mike was doomed.

Next came the Delay of the Golf corse opening because some of the tents were unsafe.Again City Hall tried to strong arm Rizzoli into signing off,he refused and his hours were cut.

Is mike Rizzoli a giant pain in the ass about fire codes,Absolutely.
City Hall and particularly Dominick Pandolfo want to run the building dept with an iron fist so they can sell tickets to political events using building inspectors as go between,Rizzoli stopped this practice.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 19:24
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#7
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/12/18 20:51
Last Login :
2010/4/2 20:55
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 181
Offline
It is only necessary to know one thing about the building department. It is insidiously corrupt throughout. The feds and other law enforcement officials are aware of this and as yet have allowed it to operate. The hope is that finally when Healy is brought down this slime- ridden office will be cleansed out.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 18:52
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#6
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/7/4 16:37
Last Login :
11/4 21:55
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 543
Offline
In this time of electronic monitoring apps, I would suggest one turn their recording device on when going through any process with that department. Taxpayers doing the quality control is one of the tools we have to incite fear in this administration.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 18:34
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#5
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2008/10/30 16:28
Last Login :
2012/3/25 16:52
Group:
Banned
Posts: 160
Offline
New bathroom approval only 14 months....thanks Dan Wreiden. never ending moronic process...Building+Historic Board....minds well not do it.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 18:19
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#4
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
2021/11/30 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
Let me continue with the hassles I went through...
5.Because I was using a contractor from Staten Island and not somebody the building department knew well (I would have gladly hired someone from Jersey City but nobody would take a job as small as mine), they gave a real hard time about that, saying they never heard of the guy I hired (WHY should that matter) and that New York doesn't have as good standards as New Jersey building codes and it was a mistake to hire a NY contractor.

6.My deck apparently was supposed to have a separate "footings inspection" before concrete was to be poured into the footings and there is nothing written in the office about that either. They sent me a Stop Work Order by registered mail which didn't get to me until at least a week after the concrete was poured because they put INSUFFICIENT POSTAGE ON THE NOTICE THEY MAILED TO ME. What a joke. I had to have the concrete cut up again and re-poured because of their incompetence. I think they deliberately sent it so it wouldn't get to me in time in order to cover up what they failed to tell me.

7.The inspector came back to my place FOUR times before approving my deck and even he admitted that state and local building codes are IMPOSSIBLE to follow to the letter.

8.I must have spent an extra $1000 in legal fees to deal with this mess. If the people in the building department just provided some list for people to follow, it could have been avoided.

So here's my lesson to you... while hiring local contractors is always a good idea to get the building department's approval, if you have that option, I HIGHLY recommend hiring a lawyer to deal with much of the process, somebody who knows everyone in the office by name and knows all the red tape issues well. It will save you so much grief.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 18:12
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#3
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/10/1 1:03
Last Login :
2021/11/30 4:19
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 1207
Offline
You hit things on the nose about the building department and touched a nerve with me that I used to post to the list about. In 2007, I was trying to get a building permit to build a small, simple deck on the back of my condo. Getting a permit from the building department was a neverending nightmare. Despite my relatively simple project, it took nearly a YEAR to get the permit and pass inspection. For a simple, boring, uninspired deck. I might of as well been building the Taj Mahal. Where do I start with the incompetence of the department?

1.There are three phone numbers for the building department. One rang nonstop and never picked up. One number was always busy. The third number always went into voicemail that never got returned.

2.They could never provide me with a definitive list of the items I needed to give them to get a permit.

3.The first time I submitted everything, I was told I was "golden" by the friendly gentleman at the desk. Three weeks go by and nothing happens, then after a call by my council member, I get a fax from them telling me my permit is denied because I need to give them architectural prints, which they never told me about. On top of that, apparently I had to go to the zoning office and get zoning approval BEFORE the building department office and they didn't tell me that either.

4.I hired a lawyer to take care of zoning approval because he knew everyone in that office and knew how to deal with all the procedures. Once zoning approval was received, I went down there to get the approval documents (I didn't want to incur more billable hours with the attorney) and PHYSICALLY TAKE THEM over to the buildings department myself. Ordinarily, I would understand having to do this, but the two departments are about 10 feet from each other.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 17:56
 Top 


Re: JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#2
Home away from home
Home away from home


Hide User information
Joined:
2007/1/2 21:05
Last Login :
2012/9/22 3:11
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 195
Offline
Razzoli is another double dipper. Just retired from the Fire Dept. with a big pension and payout for unused time and now gets rehired to another full time job screwing things up in the Building Dept.

Posted on: 2010/2/21 17:25
 Top 


JC BUILDING DEPARTMENT
#1
Newbie
Newbie


Hide User information
Joined:
2010/2/21 15:10
Last Login :
2010/3/5 3:08
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 4
Offline
I just joined JC List to get everyone's perspective of the JC Building Department. I had to deal with them about 1 year ago and now I have friends going through exactly what I went through. OPENING A BUSINESS IN JC IS A NIGHTMARE!!!!! This department delays everyone opening a business at least several months for no real reasons other than the fact that they can. These delays are the norm and cause potential business owners $1'000's of dollars before they even open!!!! From what I can gather, the number 1 nightmare is named MIKE RAZZOLI. This nut job was an ex fire fighter who now some how runs the fire code guys who are all quasi retarded and socially inept. Is it really true that the mayor just forced NO NECK Razzoli to resign and the county actually hired him?? To the county, DONT DO IT, YOU WIL REGRET IT!!!! Next there is the henchmen power trip fire inspectors who work under NUT JOB Razzoli. These guys do pretty much nothing and make up code as they go along. They delay PROGRESS and New business and developments to the point that many new businesses never open. Never mind the fact that intelligent business owners wont even try to open up in Jersey City/Hudson County. Now things are even worse down there because there are required furlough days to save the city money. The building inspectors are now working half as hard to try and prove a false point that there should not be furlough days. They want the citizens to complain about not getting anywhere the the JCBD because there is no recourse. No one gets fired for lack of work or clear cut harassment to Jersey City business owners and citizens. I am rambling now because I am done with these uneducated power tripping public workers. OUT WITH THE OLD AND IN WITH THE NEW!

Posted on: 2010/2/21 15:35
 Top 








[Advanced Search]





Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!



LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact


JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017