Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (79 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: WestSide/440: Great New Junk Shop -Thriftique Warehouse -Used Furniture, Records, Books, Tools etc!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
3/24 18:05
From jersey city
Group:
Registered Users
Ever been to the Meadowlands Flea Market?

This thread about the new junk store reminded me of the flea market....

I was going to post this link when the jclist artist was looking for old gears, etc for an art project. But I never got around to it.

Do you newcomers know about the Meadowlands Flea Market? (and don?t said yuck flea markets are sooo Jersey, Barney is wrong about that!!!) They have some pretty cool stuff there. I?m not talking about the tons of knockoff?s, discounted products, or second hand clothes. I?m talking about the crap that people pull out of their basements, tool sheds, and garages...the good stuff. Some of the oddest looking tools/machines I have every seen along with some wicked looking medical devices. Ouch!! Although I bet a few of you here on jclist would love to try them out.

(I think I saw the Grove Street Indian stalker there a few Saturday?s ago)

http://www.meadowlandsfleamarket.com/

Gotta love the NY fish guy yelling...?Two fer one, two fer one on the bags of shimp... I ain?t goin home wit dis stuff, gotta get rid of it, two fer one on the shimp?. Maybe the Amish bread and cake guy should try that approach.

I picked up an old friend at the flea market. It was an old rusted green metal US Army truck. That was my favorite toy as a kid. Guy gave it to me for 10 bucks!!! (don?t say anything but I probably would have gone up to a 100) Now if I could only find a time machine.

PS ? there are also tons of food carts...love the hot corn on the cob. You can also get an up close look see of them tearing down Giants Stadium.

I always run into a lot of JC people there.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 14:51

Re: WestSide/440: Great New Junk Shop -Thriftique Warehouse -Used Furniture, Records, Books, Tools e
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/21 1:20
From Lincoln Park
Group:
Registered Users
I went to this store a few weeks ago and got a beautiful antique file cabinet (mission style) for $25. I took it home and stripped it (it had black varnish on it) and there was beautiful cherry wood underneath. It was a GREAT buy. It looks like I spent over $100 bucks on the thing. The owner was super sweet. He gave us old clothes to lay in our car so that the varnish wouldn't ruin our trunk. He even tried to sand the varnish off of the thing when I told him I was going to strip it. They are legit and it's worth a browse every once and a blue. I'm not sure why we don't have more of these types of stores. This area needs another dollar store like I need a hole in my head.

Posted on: 2010/3/8 2:02

Re: WestSide/440: Great New Junk Shop -Thriftique Warehouse -Used Furniture, Records, Books, Tools e
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/8/5 14:14
Group:
Registered Users
Checked this place out last week. Lots of interesting stuff although not too much of a selection as far as clothing goes. Very open to haggling. Looking forward to stopping in again in a few weeks to check out new stuff. I poked around in there for a good amount of time.

Posted on: 2010/2/20 5:57

Re: WestSide/440: Great New Junk Shop -Thriftique Warehouse -Used Furniture, Records, Books, Tools etc!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
That's a lot oh junk.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 3:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/28 17:36
Group:
Banned
Looks like a good place to check out if your place has been robbed.

Posted on: 2010/2/17 0:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
They had some drills and lots of other tools - why not give them a call and ask what they have.

Quote:

stepanstas wrote:

... i've been looking for a cheap drill

Posted on: 2010/2/16 15:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Yup, with so much stuff you have to wonder, but they seem legit. (lets hope)

Quote:
We will lookout for items you are interested in when we shop at our estate sales and auctions. Let us know what you want and we will contact you first when the item comes in! Also, we'll do clean-outs of homes for little or no cost in exchange for allowing us to keep the contents.

In either case, i've been looking for a cheap drill

Posted on: 2010/2/16 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I did buy a few tools....

Though I did wonder where they came from...

They have musical stuff too - amps etc.

Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
Worth taking a look

LOL, for a second, i thought you went in the shop and started taking pictures.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users
Worth taking a look

LOL, for a second, i thought you went in the shop and started taking pictures.

Posted on: 2010/2/16 6:30

WestSide/440: Great New Junk Shop -Thriftique Warehouse -Used Furniture, Records, Books, Tools etc!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Great name - Thriftique Warehouse Great junk shop with used furniture, tools etc! It's located right next to Allied Building Supplies (if you know where that is) just off of Route 440 - near the old 440 Home Depot. (Oh just see the see map below)
View Larger Map Click on their link! www.thriftiques.com Resized Image Resized Image Resized Image Resized Image Resized Image Resized Image ====================================
View Larger Map ======================================== Taken from their website: The Thriftique Warehouse is located at 40 Carbon Place in Jersey City. We specialize in the sales of antiques, art, music, books, the sales of second hand furniture, vintage clothing, shoes, and an assortment of pre-owned household goods. We offer great sales and deals on all the terrific items we carry! We love interesting items & love finding good homes for our wares. Stop in to see us at our location, or call us for immediate attention on queries on items you see here. Come in & browse the rest of our website to see what we have! The Thriftique Warehouse 40 Carbon Place, Jersey City, NJ 07305 Operated by brothers Peter & Tony Chiappone. Tony 201-779-5011 Peter 516-322-3716

Posted on: 2010/2/16 1:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017