Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
86 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 86

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Councilman Steven Fulop happy with turnout at his political fundraising event
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/10 15:30
Group:
Registered Users
I am a big fan of Fulop... my partner and I went to one of his fundraisers over the summer at the beer garden. We didn't know anyone, but attended anyway to show our support, even though it felt kind of awkward for us. As residents of ward E, he's definitely got our vote!

Posted on: 2010/2/6 13:28

Re: Councilman Steven Fulop happy with turnout at his political fundraising event
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/17 22:53
Group:
Registered Users
You can hope it could be sooner, but if you have followed the trial of the former deputy mayor things aren't looking great for the prosecution and how they took apart the key witness stating he is trying to get only 9 years instead of the 40 years for pleading guilty and the other ways they have cut him apart.

Posted on: 2010/2/6 2:45

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:
He'll have my vote, but wasn't his slogan "a commitment to ward E"?

Fulop has kept his "commitment to ward E" through his first 4 years and continues every day to fulfill that "slogan" in his second term, elected by over 60% against the Healy candidate, Guy Catrillo, now facing 18 months of prison time.

Fulop is very responsive to all that contact him and constituent services are fast and efficient through not only his office staff, but Fulop directly responds by email, phone, mtgs, and through ordinances he submits that benefit not just his ward, but all of Jersey City. I wish that all of Jersey City was represented as well as Fulop has done for Ward E. All of Jersey City will have that chance to vote for Steven Fulop as Mayor in 2013, if not before.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 19:36
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

stepanstas wrote:

As mayor, he would have more power, and therefore be able to help Ward E (and the other wards) more.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 19:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/8/14 6:40
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2010/2/5 15:58

Councilman Steven Fulop happy with turnout at his political fundraising event
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Jersey City councilman happy with turnout at his political fundraising event

By Agustin C. Torres/The Jersey Journal
February 04, 2010, 10:19PM

Resized Image
Jersey City Downtown Councilman Steven Fulop is pictured here in City Hall. He held a fundraising event to help him move to the mayor's office in 2013.

Downtown Jersey City Councilman Steven Fulop held his first big fundraising event tonight at Puccini's where several hundred people showed up including a number of interesting political personalities.

There were 350 tickets sold at $250 apiece which comes out to $87,500. It is not certain what the pasta and drinks cost him, but Fulop seemed happy about the number of people who attended. In the past, Fulop said his events were only for small numbers, about 25 people.

The councilman thanked those present for helping his effort to make changes that he said would benefit the city. He has not officially announced his intention but anyone who walks and breathes knows the councilman intends to run for mayor in 2013.

The incumbent mayor, Jerramiah Healy, spent $3 million to run his 2009 campaign and Fulop has admitted having about $250,000 in his warchest.

Besides city politicos and figures like Hudson County Freeholders Jeff Dublin and Bill O'Dea, attorney Elnardo Webster, there were a number of police officers, reformers, and out-of-towners.

A sizable Hoboken contingent also appeared, including Councilwoman Beth Mason, Councilman Ravi Bhalla, former Freeholder Maurice Fitzgibbons, ex-Mayor David Roberts, and Bernard Kenny, a former state senator and past chairman of the Hudson County Democratic Organization.
Saturday's Political Insider will have a bit more on the event.

Posted on: 2010/2/5 13:30

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017