Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cat Adption
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

fat-ass-bike wrote:
I would have thought planning to have a baby is not much different to having a pet or two.

Pets do have a life span like humans - Like child adoption agencies, you'll have the choice of fostering them out, sent to the shelter or drop them off at Lincoln park !

Hey fat-ass-bike,
Maybe you should walk a mile in someone else's shoes before judging other people. You have no idea what it's like to be allergic to cats, the allergies come on gradually over time and increase in intensity. I too am an animal allergy sufferer. I didn't know I was allergic until in my 20's. I grew up with cats and dogs all my life. I had both of my cats for more than 5 years at that time when I found out I was allergic. After having many severe sinus infections and colds, my doctor told me I should go to an allergist. It was then I discovered I was allergic to my cats and was given a list of other animals I'm allergic to. The allergist said that my allergy to cats was more severe than the other animals because the continued exposure to the animals makes the allergies worse over time. I miss my cats but I had to give them away because I was sick all the time. Imagine having a severe cold every day for the rest of your life and then add asthma to that. Fortunately I was able to find friends who would take them in because they saw how much I was suffering. It really sucks having this allergy and unfortunately anytime I come in contact with friend?s cats I get asthma within 30 minutes of exposure. It is extremely uncomfortable not being able to breathe. And then there are the episodes of itchy watery eyes. I'm a knitter. This weekend I found some old yarn that I bought when I still had the cats and started sneezing within 5 minutes of handling the yarn. Every exposure to cats increases the intensity of the allergies. And it really sucks for those of us that love the feel of warm fur snuggling up to us.

HamPark, sorry you have to make such a difficult decision. Goodluck in your search.

Posted on: 2010/1/4 16:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
I would have thought planning to have a baby is not much different to having a pet or two.

Pets do have a life span like humans - Like child adoption agencies, you'll have the choice of fostering them out, sent to the shelter or drop them off at Lincoln park !

Posted on: 2010/1/2 22:19
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/7/24 17:22
Group:
Registered Users
I wish we could help right now but we are full. However, if you can find someone to foster (temporary home) them, I would be happy to post them for adoption on Petfinder. www.companionanimaltrust.petfinder.com

You could also try Mt. Pleasant Animal Shelter in East Hanover. There may be a wait list but it is a good no kill shelter.

The JC shelter managed by Liberty Humane will accept the cats but try to do that as your last option.

Put flyers up in all your neighborhood stores and your vet's office. You can also post directly to Petfinder and Craigslist. Be careful to screen applicants thoroughly.

Posted on: 2010/1/2 21:52

Cat Adption

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/2 17:49
Group:
Registered Users
My wife and I are in a bad situation, and would really appreciate if you could help us with any leads in finding our cats a new home. My wife is currently pregnant and has always struggled with allergies but it wasn't enough to stop her from keeping the cats..lately it has gotten bad enough that she has developed full blown "cat" asthma and the doctors have temporarily prescribed asthma medication and has pretty strict orders to have the cats out of the house asap. Obviously the pregnancy has excerbated the situation and we would really appreciate any help someone could give us. These cats are so sweet and affectionate and deserve better, but unfortunately we cant sacrifice the health of my wife and the baby. Steve was the first addition to our family, he is all black and really smart! Loves to play with cat dancers, and running water! Hippo is the little brother and he is basically an adult cat stuck in a kittens body!(a slightly overweight kitten)he is black with a little bit of white. He is a huge spooner and is happiest when he can lay next to someone under the covers. They are both very affectionate and playful and get along with other cats, although Hippo will take awhile to warm up..he will eventually do it and be best friends. Although they do get along, they are not inseparable, so they don't have to go somewhere together.

We can email pictures and more information to anyone that can help us out.

Posted on: 2010/1/2 17:55

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017