Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Mayor Gave Parking Scofflaws a Free Pass To Get Re-Elected, Former Parking Boss Says
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
O7302, you said:

"i have yet to meet a former or disgruntled employee from any organization who did not have a reasonable valid criticism. "

are you kidding? i have fired people who have been liars, cheaters, or just plain lazy and bad for companies... you think anyone like that has "valid criticism"?
you must have fired all the people i worked with ... however, they still think that you smell badly, have lengthy private conversations at work, regularly adds a dollar or two to your reimbursement requests, takes out a friend for a coffee during office hours to "chat", takes pens home from work, votes for obama, gave money to healy ...

Posted on: 2009/12/18 16:13

Re: Mayor Gave Parking Scofflaws a Free Pass To Get Re-Elected, Former Parking Boss Says
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Unless someone else comes forward, like an officer who says he was told not to issue tickets, it's really just word against word, and anything could be true.

Posted on: 2009/12/18 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
are you kidding? i have fired people who have been liars, cheaters, or just plain lazy and bad for companies... you think anyone like that has "valid criticism"?

So if a lazy person worked for someone the lazy person had witnessed abusing their power, the fact that the lazy person is lazy would negate the manager's abuse? Or make the lazy person's knowledge of it irrelevant, due to the laziness and all?

Posted on: 2009/12/18 15:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
O7302, you said:

"i have yet to meet a former or disgruntled employee from any organization who did not have a reasonable valid criticism. "

Posted on: 2009/12/18 15:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/9/22 12:59
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
so, you're going to take the word of a disgruntled former employee, who was the head of the most disfunctional, corrupt agency in this city? amazing.

it's nothing but a smear attempt.

I agree -- and besides (at least for Downtown) after 6pm the daily commuters are done for the day - and even the disgruntled Parking Boss said that's when Healy wanted to lighten up the ticketing. If people from other parts of JC (or elsewhere) want to come Downtown for dinner, visiting, or shopping then that's not such a bad thing.

I don't know about you, but I find it pretty hard to imagine Mayor Healy saying something like; "Don't give them tickets so they'll vote me in!"

I can.....he's drunk, naked on his porch, slurring the order to one of his underlings who just came back from a meeting to collect from developers. Not so hard to imagine at all.

Posted on: 2009/12/18 14:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
so, you're going to take the word of a disgruntled former employee, who was the head of the most disfunctional, corrupt agency in this city? amazing.

I agree -- and besides (at least for Downtown) after 6pm the daily commuters are done for the day - and even the disgruntled Parking Boss said that's when Healy wanted to lighten up the ticketing. If people from other parts of JC (or elsewhere) want to come Downtown for dinner, visiting, or shopping then that's not such a bad thing.

I don't know about you, but I find it pretty hard to imagine Mayor Healy saying something like; "Don't give them tickets so they'll vote me in!"

Posted on: 2009/12/18 3:43

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:

i have yet to meet a former or disgruntled employee from any organization who did not have a reasonable valid criticism.

and those who say that they do not have any complaints or cannot recall anything negative are either lying or dumb, or both.

there is reality and then there are people -- picking fights -- on jclist ....

Posted on: 2009/12/18 1:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

CapnJon wrote:
so, you're going to take the word of a disgruntled former employee, who was the head of the most disfunctional, corrupt agency in this city? amazing. it's nothing but a smear attempt.

How true, if we let Russ get away with this then it will be an OJ dilimer. Plus how many more of the disgruntled will come out of the woodwork ?

Posted on: 2009/12/17 15:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/12/17 15:04

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/10/30 19:51
Group:
Registered Users
Just when I thought Jersey City and many of the clowns running it couldn't get any more ridiculous, it manages to outdo itself. Unbelievable.

No matter how much we hear about Healy's antics in the news, all the negativity just slides off of him. He has become more untouchable than O.J. Simpson (not the greatest comparison, I know). How long before he realizes just how above the law he really thinks he is and really decides to push the envelope, if he hasn't already?

Are we living in the middle ages?

Posted on: 2009/12/17 4:23

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
this only shows that our illustrious mayor is a man of integrity and character who is committed to the welfare of the community. bravo!

Posted on: 2009/12/16 18:29

Mayor Gave Parking Scofflaws a Free Pass To Get Re-Elected, Former Parking Boss Says
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Mayor Gave Parking Scofflaws a Free Pass To Get Re-Elected, Former Parking Boss Says

By CHRIS FRY
Courthousenews.com

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (CN) - Jersey City Mayor Jeremiah Healy ordered the city's parking director not to issue tickets after 6 p.m., to curry favor with voters during Healy's re-election campaign, and had the parking official fired when a few of his officers violated the illegal order, the former official claims in Hudson County Court.

Former Jersey City Parking Authority Director Mark Russ claims that several city officials, including Mayor Healy, told him to not issue tickets to cars parked illegally after 6 p.m., to help Healy get re-elected.

Russ sued Healy, Parking Authority Chairman Michael Holloway, and the City of Jersey City in Hudson County Court.

Russ claims that Healy himself told him to "not issue summonses after 6:00 p.m. and to move all evening parking enforcement personnel to the day tour," an order Russ refused because he believed it to be illegal.

Russ claims that Healy issued the order in "an effort to curry favor with citizen voters so that they would vote for him in the May 2009 election."

After Russ refused, Healy and other city officials circumvented him and "repeatedly informed employees of the JCPA" about the new policy, according to the complaint. Russ adds that after Healy ordered the no-ticket rule, another director acknowledged that "cars were parked all over the place at night because there was no enforcement and word spread like wildfire."

Despite this, Russ says, some officers did issue a few tickets. He says Healy became "livid" when he heard this. He claims the mayor was "eating at a local restaurant and witnessed parking tickets being issued by enforcement officers" after 6 p.m. and had another city employee leave a voice mail on Russ's phone, saying that the mayor was "pissed."

Russ says the City Commission then voted unanimously to fire him "and replace him, in an interim fashion," with someone else.

Russ seeks punitive damages for discrimination, civil rights violations, and breach of contract. He is represented by Ty Hyderally of Montclair, N.J.

Healy was re-elected.

========================================

Did JC mayor try to curry favors with parking ticket violators?

Hudson Reporter

HUDSON COUNTY -- Courthousenews.com has an interesting story today. It says that Jersey City's parking director recently filed a suit claiming that Mayor Jerramiah Healy told him not to allow tickets to be issued after 6 p.m., so that voters would be more favorable to his re-election bid this past spring. When he disobeyed, he was let go, according to the suit.

With Hoboken's former parking director being indicted last Friday, that's two big Hudson County parking issues in one week! Think some of our towns have a parking problem?

The courthouse news reports:

"JERSEY CITY, N.J. (CN) - Jersey City Mayor Jeremiah Healy ordered the city's parking director not to issue tickets after 6 p.m., to curry favor with voters during Healy's re-election campaign, and [allegedly] had the parking official fired when a few of his officers violated the illegal order, the former official claims in Hudson County Court...."

Well, what's the evidence? The story continues:

"Despite this, Russ says, some officers did issue a few tickets. He says Healy became 'livid' when he heard this. He claims the mayor was 'eating at a local restaurant and witnessed parking tickets being issued by enforcement officers' after 6 p.m. and had another city employee leave a voice mail on Russ's phone, saying that the mayor was 'pissed.'"

(Technically, according to the local daily paper, Russ' contract expired last November and he stayed on temporarily until he was replaced by former Councilwoman Mary Spinello this past April.)

We hope he still has the voice mail. That'd help his case.

Maybe all these problems would stop if politicians would just stop eating at restaurants - that seems to always be the problem!

Posted on: 2009/12/16 15:18

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017