Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Homeless Man Arrested In Fatal Mother, Infant Stabbing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Seeing the wounds on the belly of the child who brutally stabbed breaks my heart. Seeing the father in handcuffs outraged me. My g_d, that bastard kills his wife, stabs an infant over 20 times and laughs at them in court. He had every right to flip out. I know....the laws the law, but this is heartbreaking.

http://photos.nj.com/jersey-journal/2 ... rder_victim_charg_15.html

Posted on: 2011/7/20 22:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/11/16 18:32
Group:
Registered Users
I guess they are sentencing the man who killed that woman in PH towers. Very sad.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... _hearing_erupts_in_c.html

Posted on: 2011/7/20 20:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Homeless man pleads guilty to killing Jersey City woman

Published: Thursday, June 23, 2011, 3:05 AM
By Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

A homeless man has pleaded guilty to killing a Downtown Jersey City woman during a robbery in her high-rise home and attempting to kill her baby, who was stabbed numerous times as she tried to protect him, officials said.

?Other than the fact that the baby survived, I don?t know how much worse it could have gotten,? said Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Tracey McQuaide of the vicious Dec. 8, 2009 attack by Martey Williams, 43, in Paulus Hook Towers at 100 Montgomery St.

Williams pleaded guilty yesterday to the felony murder of Jacqueline Reyes, 27, and the attempted murder of her 9-month-old son Ivan Reyes Jr. at a hearing before Hudson County Superior Court Judge Kevin Callahan. The plea spares Williams from a possible life term behind bars, but he will face up to 40 years in prison when sentenced, McQuaide said.

Security video in the building shows Williams riding an elevator with Reyes? husband from the ninth floor apartment to the lobby and watching the husband walk out of the building before riding the elevator back up, officials said.
In court yesterday, Williams admitted entering the apartment, robbing Jacqueline Reyes, and stabbing her during the crime, McQuaide said. Officials said the mother was stabbed a dozen times.

The mother was holding her son in her arms and Williams admitted stabbing the child too, said McQuaide, adding that the baby was stabbed six times in the chest and abdomen. One wound severed his intestines.

Ivan Reyes Sr. discovered the victims and the bloody scene when he returned to the apartment for lunch that day, officials said. His wife was dead and his son was barely clinging to life. The father worked in the maintenance department at the building.

?The child will obviously suffer the effects of this for some time to come,? McQuaide said of the victim?s physical injuries and ongoing recovery. ?And obviously, he is growing up with no mother. It just doesn?t get much worse than that.?
Williams will be sentenced at 9 a.m. July 20 by Callahan in the Hudson County Administration Building on Newark Avenue in Jersey City.

Posted on: 2011/6/23 9:09

Homeless Man Arrested In Fatal Mother, Infant Stabbing
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Man's trial in killing of Downtown Jersey City mom and her 9-month-old son will hear prosecution argue he was sane at time of crime and defense argue he wasn't

Saturday, May 07, 2011
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The man charged with killing a Jersey City woman and stabbing her infant nearly a dozen times has been diagnosed as insane at the time of the bloody crime in a Downtown apartment tower in 2009, officials said.

The diagnosis of Martey J. Williams, 43, was made by a doctor at a state psychiatric hospital and it came to light at a pretrial hearing on Wednesday before Hudson County Superior Court Judge Kevin Callahan.

It has triggered a battle over Williams' sanity at the time of the Dec. 8, 2009 murder of Jacqueline Reyes, 27, and the attempted murder of her 9-month-old son Ivan Reyes Jr. in Paulus Hook Towers at 100 Montgomery Street.

The mother was found stabbed to death in the family's ninth-floor apartment and the baby was clinging to life, officials said. The victims were found by Ivan Reyes Sr. when he returned to the apartment for lunch that day, officials said. The father worked in maintenance at the building.

The prosecution and defense have hired their own experts to diagnosis Williams and it is hoped their reports will be ready by the next hearing in the matter on May 26, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Tracy McQuade said yesterday.

McQuade said that preliminarily, the prosecution's expert has found that Williams was sane at the time of the crime and is merely feigning insanity.

Williams, who was homeless at the time of the crimes, has pleaded not guilty. The prosecution and defense agree he is competent to stand trial at this time. If the case makes it to trial, prosecutors will try to prove Williams committed the crimes and was sane when he did it. The defense will try to prove Williams was insane at the time of the crime.

Several days after the murder Williams was arrested after trying to get into the building and police realized he fit the description of a man seen on security video on the day of the murder, officials said.

Investigators found that after the murder Williams bought jewelry and had been staying at a hotel, officials said, adding that a substantial sum of money was taken from the Reyes apartment. After visiting the hotel and jewelry store and interviewing Williams, he was charged.

Williams' attorney could not be reached for comment.

------------------------------------------

Jersey City mom's alleged killer said to be man in video seen riding elevator down with her husband, then back up alone just before stabbings in Downtown highrise

Saturday, May 07, 2011
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The man charged with killing a Jersey City woman and stabbing her infant son allegedly rode an elevator with the woman's husband and watched him leave the building before the gruesome attack, officials said.

The security video was discussed at a pretrial hearing for Martey Williams, 43, who is charged in the Dec. 8, 2009 murder of Jacqueline Reyes, 27, and attempted murder of Ivan Reyes Jr., who was just 9 months old at the time, in Paulus Hook Towers at 100 Montgomery St.

The security video from the day of the killing shows Reyes Sr. and his daughter getting onto an elevator on the ninth floor and a man thought to be Williams also boards the elevator there, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Tracey McQuade said in court.

The elevator descends to the lobby and Reyes Sr. and his daughter exit and leave the building, McQuade said, adding that the man thought to be Williams rides the car back to the ninth floor and is seen getting off the elevator there.

The security video was discussed at the hearing because it had recently been requested by attorneys handling the civil suit filed by the estate of Jacqueline Reyes, as well as by Ivan Reyes Sr. and Jr.

The wrongful death suit claims the building's owners, management and others failed to provide adequate security and failed to inform tenants of past incidents in the building.

The company that manages the more than 300-unit building, Westgate Management, could not be reached for comment.

Prosecutors are making copies of the security video for the civil attorneys and for the attorney defending Williams in criminal court.

Posted on: 2011/5/10 9:30

Re: Murder @ Paulus Hook Towers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Homeless man is indicted in stabbing death of Jersey City woman and wounding of her infant son

Published: Thursday, July 01, 2010, 5:15 AM
Michaelangelo Conte/The Jersey Journal

A homeless man has been indicted on charges he stabbed a Jersey City woman to death while robbing her Downtown home and tried to kill the woman's infant son who was also stabbed multiple times, officials said.

Earlier this month, Martey J. Williams, 41, formerly of Newark, was indicted in the Dec. 8 murder of Jacqueline Reyes, 27, who was killed in her 9th-floor apartment in Paulus Hook Towers, at 100 Montgomery St.

The indictment also charges Williams with the attempted murder of Reyes' son, Ivan Reyes, who was only 9-months old when stabbed nearly a dozen times and left in critical condition, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Michael D'Andrea said.

The grand jury also charged Williams with felony murder, armed robbery, and weapons offenses in connection to the grisly crimes, D'Andrea said.

Williams allegedly forced his way into the Reyes apartment during a robbery in which he fled with $6,000, D'Andrea said, adding that the victims were stabbed during the crime.
The victims were found by Ivan Reyes Sr. when he returned to the bloody apartment for lunch that day, officials said, adding that the father worked in maintenance at the 23-story building.

A few days after the murder, Williams tried to get into the building and made a fuss when barred by security, officials said, adding that he may have squatted their occasionally.
Security called police and he was found near Exchange Place and charged with trespassing and resisting arrest, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said.

Police then realized Williams fit the description of a man detectives spotted on security video from the day of the crime, officials said.

Homicide detectives found that in the days after the murder, Williams purchased expensive jewelry and had been staying in a Newark Hotel, DeFazio said. After visiting the hotel and jewelry store, as well as interviewing Williams, he was arrested, DeFazio said.

Williams' bail was set at $1 million cash only. Shortly after his arrest he was sent to a state hospital after being deemed a danger to himself and others, and an evaluation will determine if he is fit to stand trial.

Posted on: 2010/7/1 10:55

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
Yes very scary. Something like this can happen in any size building. It's very important to remind your neighbors and new people to not let anyone in even if they say they are there to see someone you know. I live in an 8-unit building and we had a couple of break-ins over several years. Every time it happened because new neighbors let someone in as they were going out, or the person said they were there to see [insert name here] who lives in the building. It's worth a few minutes of discomfort saying I'm sorry I can't let you in rather than cleaning up a mess, dying or filing police reports.
It is so sad what happened to this family.

Posted on: 2009/12/23 6:22

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/1/16 21:02
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone know if the surveillance video was released? And is his jacket green or black in the photos? Earlier this year I was walking out of my stairwell at 99 Montgomery on the east side of the building and saw a man (who I didn't think belonged in the building) turning around to walk back down the stairs as I turned the corner. I started a conversation with him about the weather as to not make it a dangerous situation and he proceeded to walk out of the door in front of me. He had on a dark green puffy jacket from what I can recall. A bit scary now looking at the similarities. I hope he get what he deserves.

Posted on: 2009/12/23 4:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
JCPD issued a summons to Paulus Hook Towers alleging there was no security when Jacqueline Reyes was murdered, son stabbed

By The Jersey Journal
December 18, 2009

Jersey City police have issued Paulus Hook Towers a summons carrying a fine of up to $1,200, alleging there was no security guard at the site when Jacqueline Reyes, 27, was killed and her 9-month-old infant was stabbed multiple times on Dec. 8, officials said.

"We have lived under fear too long," said tenant leader Margaret Brown yesterday of security at the 23-story, 310-unit building at 100 Montgomery St. "I'm so appreciative of the concern. I'm just so sorry because we have been sending management letters and they totally ignored them."

Police responded to the building around noon on Dec. 8 after Reyes was found stabbed to death in her ninth-floor apartment. Beside her was her son Ivan Reyes Jr., who was stabbed nearly a dozen times.

Police tried to contact building security but could find no guard, and that led to an investigation and the summons issued yesterday, police spokesman Stan Eason said.

Eason said police will issue an additional summons on each day there is a similar violation in the building.

A 1989 city ordinance requires a uniformed guard to be present round-the-clock, seven days a week, in any building with more than 100 apartments. Paulus Hook Towers has more than 300 units.

Martey Williams, 41, has been charged in the deadly assault and surveillance video shows he entered the building at about 8 a.m. on Dec. 8, officials said. Management told residents he was admitted by a resident.

"This is more than a wake-up call, and we have to accomplish something because enough is enough," said Hector Gutierrez, who was among 150 angry and frightened residents at an emergency tenants meeting Tuesday night.

Also at the meeting was Gloria Martinez Correa, who spent months hospitalized after a man dragged her into a building stairwell and beat her with a metal rod, fracturing her skull. Her attacker was never caught.

Posted on: 2009/12/18 14:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Is accused stab killer fit to stand trial?

Resized Image

Wednesday, December 16, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The man charged with killing a Jersey City woman and stabbing her infant son is being sent to a state hospital to see if he's mentally fit to stand trial.

"Apparently he has been found to be a danger to himself and others," Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said yesterday in discussing Martey J. Williams, 41, whose last known address was in Newark.

Williams - who underwent preliminary psychological testing at the Jersey City Medical Center - was to be transported to the Ann Klein Forensic Center in Trenton yesterday for further evaluation to determine his competence to proceed in the criminal justice system.

Early Monday, Williams was charged with the Dec. 8 felony murder of Jacqueline Reyes, 27, who was stabbed numerous times in her home in Paulus Hook Towers, at 100 Montgomery St.

Williams is also charged with aggravated assault on Ivan Reyes Jr., who was left in critical condition after being stabbed nearly a dozen times, DeFazio said. The infant remains hospitalized but his condition is improving.

"The matter can't proceed through the criminal justice system until we get a final determination as to (Williams') competence - whether he understands the charges against him and whether he can aid in his own defense," the prosecutor said.

If it is determined that Williams cannot proceed and is a danger to himself and others, he will stay in the maximum security psychiatric hospital, DeFazio said.

If it's determined that Williams is competent, he will be brought to the Hudson County jail in Kearny and the case will proceed, DeFazio said.

It's not clear how long Williams' assessment will take at the 200-bed, secure psychiatric hospital. His bail has been set by Hudson County Superior Court Judge Lourdes Santiago at $1 million cash only.

If the case moves forward, defense lawyers could raise a further psychological issue regarding Williams' mental state at the time of the alleged crimes, including his ability to distinguish right from wrong, DeFazio said.

Jacqueline Reyes, who was pronounced dead at the scene, had numerous defensive wounds and may have been trying to shield Ivan Jr. during the attack, DeFazio said. Reyes was buried Monday.

The victims were found by Ivan Reyes Sr. when he returned to the apartment for lunch that day, DeFazio said. The father worked in maintenance at the building.

Posted on: 2009/12/16 15:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
hopefully the father won't track down the hundreds of siblings, aunts & uncles, children, grandkids, and great grandkids (they multiply every 13 years it seems) Martey has. Even though most of them are probably menaces II society and most likely draining public assistance programs, vengeance belongs to the Lord.

Posted on: 2009/12/15 22:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Does anyone have any information about where we can drop off donations/christmas presents for the children? I was just thinking about how awful this christmas will be for the daughter...

Posted on: 2009/12/15 19:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/9/30 0:28
From Belmont Ave.
Group:
Registered Users
This whole situation is just awful. I can't even imagine what the husband is going through. I'm glad they caught the perp.

Posted on: 2009/12/15 16:58

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/8 23:48
Group:
Registered Users
I was just thinking the same thing. Is this enough evidence for you "let's join hands and sing kumbaya" crowd? I'm sorry that something so tragic had to happen to prove our point. Pathetic!Quote:

snowflake20 wrote:
Quote:

saabconv wrote:
So it was HOMELESS PERSON that killed this poor woman (or at least he was arrested) and seriously injured her child. So to all of you who jumped down my throat this summer over these poor homeless people - SHAME ON YOU.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... homeless_man_charged.html

I was thinking the exact same thing and came on here to post about that. How scary is this?

Posted on: 2009/12/15 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Jewelry? Really? What a world we live in. "I'm a high-rollin' homeless guy". It's obvious why some people are homeless. Bejeweled bums.

Posted on: 2009/12/15 16:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

By ANDREW RAMOS wpix.com
December 14, 2009

JERSEY CITY, N.J. (WPIX) - A homeless man has been arrested and charged in last week's brutal stabbing that left a Jersey City mother dead and her infant son seriously injured, police said.

Marte Williams, 41, was taken into custody Sunday after authorities said he was caught trespassing at Paulus Hook Towers, the apartment complex where the bodies of 27-year-old Jacqueline Reyes and her 9-month-old son Ivan Reyes Jr. were found Tuesday morning.

According to police, Reyes was stabbed multiple times inside her Jersey City apartment, while her infant son suffered 2 stabbed wounds to the abdomen. The mother later died of her injuries, but her son survived. The two were discovered by Jacqueline's husband, Ivan Reyes Sr. who had returned home from dropping the couple's other child off at school.

An investigation later determined that a large amount of cash was stolen from the couple's home.

Williams who's believed to be a squatter at the Montgomery St. high rise, was arrested after he attempted to enter the building Sunday morning but was stopped by security.

When security called 911, the suspect fled the building but was later arrested a few blocks away, police said. As he was arrested, officers noticed that Williams looked strikingly similar to the man seen on surveillance video leaving the building on the day of the attack.

Detectives later learned that the suspect had been staying at a hotel in Newark. According to The Jersey Journal, he also had purchased a significant amount of jewelry.

Williams is charged with murder, armed robbery and aggravated assault. His bail has been set at $1 million.

Posted on: 2009/12/15 16:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 13:19
Group:
Registered Users
Sad =(

But I'm glad they caught him. I hope his fellow inmates serve him the justice the State of New Jersey won't.

Posted on: 2009/12/15 3:03

Police Arrest Homeless Man in Woman's Murder @ Paulus Hook Towers
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

Nothing new but there is video here:
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local ... Jersey-City-Murder-Arrest

=======================
Police Arrest Homeless Man in Woman's Murder

Monday, 14 Dec 2009
MYFOX NEW YORK STAFF

MYFOXNY.COM - A homeless man was arrested over the weekend with the murder of a Jersey City woman and the stabbing of her 9-month-old son, according to reports.

Police arrested Martey J. Williams, 41, Sunday and charged him with felony murder, aggravated assault and robbery, authorities said.

Police accuse Williams of robbing and killing Jacqueline Reyes, 27, and wounding her son, Ivan Reyes Jr., inside their Jersey City apartment last week.

The Jersey Journal reports that the defendant may have been living in a stairwell at Paulus Hook Towers. His last known official address was in Newark.

Jacqueline Reyes' funeral was Monday morning at St. Bridget's Church.

Ivan Reyes Jr. was listed in stable condition at University Hospital in Newark on Sunday.

His father, Ivan Reyes Sr., said he took the couple's 4-year-old daughter to school and then returned to the towers, where he works, on Tuesday, Dec. 8. He said he found his wife dead inside their apartment at about noon.

Posted on: 2009/12/15 2:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/12/25 1:59
From here to eternity
Group:
Registered Users
well it is not the husband .... which is perhaps the only "good" news ....

Posted on: 2009/12/15 0:36

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned
Just look at this dreg of society. He will get his, I hope.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... release_photos_of_ma.html

Posted on: 2009/12/14 20:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JCReb wrote:
When this came out (and we do know the family socially) I told my wife that I thought it would end up being a homeless guy who was carrying a knife and randomly trying to break and enter apartments.

The same scenario happened to my wife who was home alone and pregnant at the time. Luckily my wife hid and called the police who arrived promptly and caught the intruder leaving my building with my toolbox in hand (we were renovating... its a long story).

Anyway, the fact is that you can sympathize with the plight of the homeless all you want. But when you have a desperate man who is capable of violence living on the streets, or a man who is so caught up in drug and/or alcohol abuse that he is deranged... then you have a public menace. And ignoring that because you feel that somehow it's society's fault or it could "happen to anyone" is just plain stupid.

If this guy is convicted they should give him a thousand dollars cash and lock him in a room with a much bigger convict who has a large knife. Then tell the armed convict that he can have the cash and his freedom... all he has to do is take it.

Well put. I think all of us only have to walk a step in your shoes to realize where you are coming from.

Posted on: 2009/12/14 19:04

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/5 20:24
Group:
Registered Users
When this came out (and we do know the family socially) I told my wife that I thought it would end up being a homeless guy who was carrying a knife and randomly trying to break and enter apartments.

The same scenario happened to my wife who was home alone and pregnant at the time. Luckily my wife hid and called the police who arrived promptly and caught the intruder leaving my building with my toolbox in hand (we were renovating... its a long story).

Anyway, the fact is that you can sympathize with the plight of the homeless all you want. But when you have a desperate man who is capable of violence living on the streets, or a man who is so caught up in drug and/or alcohol abuse that he is deranged... then you have a public menace. And ignoring that because you feel that somehow it's society's fault or it could "happen to anyone" is just plain stupid.

If this guy is convicted they should give him a thousand dollars cash and lock him in a room with a much bigger convict who has a large knife. Then tell the armed convict that he can have the cash and his freedom... all he has to do is take it.

Posted on: 2009/12/14 19:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
With too many recent stories about deranged vagabonds I think now that this has come to light we as ordinary citizens are to ignore the homeless and leave the reprimand to the authorities or powers that be. If a stranger is loitering on your property tell them to leave then report it to the police.

Posted on: 2009/12/14 18:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
updated article. they named the person who was arrested.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... ul_that_monster_accu.html

Posted on: 2009/12/14 17:57

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/10/27 13:13
From The fog.
Group:
Registered Users
This story sounds like an epic fail on the part of building security. How does a homeless person get to squat in a private residential building or even enter a unit? Of course, they barred him from the building yesterday, which led to his arrest, but where were they when the man was apparently living in a stairwell?

Posted on: 2009/12/14 17:50

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/7/30 19:58
From Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if it was this guy, who I caught breaking into my car. He's 41, and homeless. Well....not homeless anymore.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/20 ... y_man_sees_man_burgl.html

Posted on: 2009/12/14 17:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Might I suggest.... despite what some have said on this thread re: nobody really caring...

Every person with any kind of heart is horrified by this crime, horrified by the randomness and innocence of the victims, mortified by the terrible, terrible, burden that will be borne by both this poor husband & child....

It's horrible, it's emotional. It's infuriating. Except for a few trolls, we're all in the exact same place with this- Going nuts on each other is not super helpful.

OBVIOUSLY the guy is an animal. Who cares if he has an apartment or not. OBVIOUSLY there's no punishment, death penalty or otherwise, that could possibly atone for what he's done.

Some people did assume that the father did it- This was poor judgement but it isn't outlandish- the vast majority of the time it's not a stranger who kills the mother. Some folks just chose to post what many were likely thinking.

Am I some sort of Care Bear? Not really. There's probably plenty of social issues to discuss in regards to this incident. However, I see NO value to a bunch of people attacking each other over something that I know for a fact (and I *WILL* speak for you, at least those that are not just poseurs) that you're sick over it... guess what, so is the person you're yelling at.

And to preempt the trolls- Yeah, sometimes it's hard to work up alot of emotion over some drug dealer shooting another one. A mom with her kid getting stabbed in an apartment- Well, it's something that most people here can related to, and it carries more emotional heft as a result. So yeah, people can see themselves in that situation, they can imagine how that poor father must feel, and they do care. It's empathy.

Posted on: 2009/12/14 17:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

saabconv wrote:
So it was HOMELESS PERSON that killed this poor woman (or at least he was arrested) and seriously injured her child. So to all of you who jumped down my throat this summer over these poor homeless people - SHAME ON YOU.

I was thinking the exact same thing and came on here to post about that. How scary is this?

Posted on: 2009/12/14 17:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I wonder if this guy could be connected to the stabbing at Burger King in October:

Stabbed in throat by beggar

Friday, October 09, 2009

A Queens man was stabbed in the throat by a beggar as he waited in his car in a Burger King drive-through lane in Jersey City early yesterday morning, officials said.

Officers responded to the Jersey City Medical Center just after 4 a.m. and met the 24-year-old victim, who said he was in a car at the Burger King at 12th Street and Manila Avenue when a man approached asking for $2, reports said.

The victim said that when he told the man he had no money, the man took a quick jab at him with a sharp object, leaving a wound 4 to 5 inches long.

The panhandler is described as being 30 to 40 years old and 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-7. He wore a green coat, black T-shirt and blue jeans, reports said.

Anyone with information on the stabbing is asked to call the Jersey City Police Department tip line at (201) 547-JAIL.

MICHAELANGELO CONTE

Posted on: 2009/12/14 16:53

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/5 14:28
Group:
Banned

Posted on: 2009/12/14 16:21

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/6/14 0:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

basse wrote:
Does anyone know this family? I wanted to send some toys and cash to the family and the kids.

Call Betty @ the Parish office. She'll find out if Fr. Vic has something set up.

201-434-8500

Posted on: 2009/12/14 13:18

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017