Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
90 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 90

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Whatever happened to former child star of 'Annie'? She's teaching in Jersey City!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
I went to school with a girl who claimed to have been in the show, I don't know if she lied and I never saw the documentary. She was a little brat and thought the world revolved around her. She ended up being one of those high school cheerleader, popular girl types. Not a very nice person, but maybe she's changed since then. I saw her at a bar several years after high school. She was really drunk and I had the feeling as if she was an alcholic, so felt sorry for her.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 21:21

Re: Whatever happened to former child star of 'Annie'? She's teaching in Jersey City!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Resized Image

There is this documentary called...LIFE AFTER TOMORROW which reunites more than 40 women who played orphans in the Broadway production Annie and reveals the highs and lows of their experiences as child actresses in a cultural phenomenon. Once the curtain came down, many found it could be a hard-knock-life, fraught with out-of-control stage mothers, separation anxiety, and worst of all, pubescent growth spurts that could find the moppets being replaced by smaller, younger editions just waiting in the wings. As one cast member in the film remarks, ?The younger ones are coming to take your place and you?re 12. It?s not like you are getting downsized at 50?you?re 12!?. While their lives moved on, the impact of the experience remains. Features behind-the-curtain footage from the original Broadway production and performances with the re-united orphans.

Watch it for free on Netflix instant view or at this link below:
http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/life_after_tomorrow/

Posted on: 2009/9/25 20:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/1/22 21:37
From Carolina's Lavanderia
Group:
Registered Users
I love Annie! That was my favorite movie when I was a kid. I still have the soundtrack on vinyl.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 18:29

Whatever happened to former child star of 'Annie'? She's teaching in Jersey City!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Whatever happened to former child star of 'Annie'? She's teaching in Jersey City!

Jersey City Reporter

Back in 1982, young actress Aileen Quinn became a sensation when she beat out 8,000 other girls to play the lead role in the movie version of the Broadway musical "Annie." She went on to star in the hilarous classic alongside Carol Burnett, Albert Finney, and Bernadette Peters.

Since that time, Quinn has led a quiet life. She has acted on stage, but not in too many movies. But now she's heading a new drama department in a Catholic school in Jersey City that just went co-ed.

This fall, Hudson Catholic Regional High School began admitting young women. Out of a current enrollment of 397 students, 72 are female.

And that has not just meant a new mix of estrogen into the atmosphere, but other substantial changes.

The school now has a performing arts program with a variety of classes chaired by a first-year teacher: Aileen Quinn.

That's right, Hudson County: We got Annie!

So don't be surprised if you're walking past the school and hear someone saying, "We love you, Miss Hannigan," or a pugnatious voice offering, "All riiiight, who's next?"

Read more about the changes in the school in this weekend's Jersey City Reporter this Sunday, here at www.hudsonreporter.com or in the print edition.

Posted on: 2009/9/25 14:31

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017