Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 82

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Heights Deli owner pistol whipped, knocked out - Teen thieves get Lottery cash & White Owl blunts
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/5 21:22
Group:
Registered Users
white owls?? these guys have no class.

Posted on: 2009/8/5 18:43

Re: Heights Deli owner pistol whipped, knocked out - Teen thieves get Lottery cash & White Owl blunts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/4/26 19:42
From Chilltown, NJ
Group:
Registered Users
I feel bad for this guy he is a very nice guy that was always smiling and joking around when I used to go into his store. This was right before his closing time, he used to stay open 24 hours and when he was he used to have other employees work with him at night so he wasn't alone. The law targeting the 24 hour stores made him lose money since he got a lot of business at the times when most other stores were closed.

I hope they catch the guys and that he doesn't have any serious damage from being pistol whipped.

Posted on: 2009/8/5 14:29

Heights Deli owner pistol whipped, knocked out - Teen thieves get Lottery cash & White Owl blunts
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Deli owner knocked out with gun

Wednesday, August 05, 2009
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

Deli owner knocked out
with gun, robbed by trio

A Jersey City deli owner was pistol whipped until he lost consciousness during a robbery Monday night in which three thieves got away with $2,500 in lottery proceeds, $500 cash and $500 worth of cigarettes and cigars, officials said.

"I work seven days a week and to lose three or four thousand, it's enough to make you miserable," said Amro Abdin, the owner of Sarah Deli at Kennedy Boulevard near Hague Street, where he was robbed at about 10:40 p.m.

"I work from 9 a.m. to 11 o'clock p.m. seven days."

Abdin told police three men came into the deli and asked if he sold cranberry juice but then walked out without buying any, reports said.

When they returned moments later, one of them grabbed a container of cranberry juice and kept him busy at the counter while the other two approached him with handguns and one of them put a gun to his head, reports said.

The man who held the gun against Abdin's temple then beat him on his head with the butt of the gun and knocked him out, reports said.

When the 43-year-old store owner came to, the money was missing, as were several cartons of Newport cigarettes and packs of White Owl blunts, reports said.

Abdin, a Jersey City resident, was treated at the scene and refused further medical attention.

The married father of two boys, ages 7 and 11, has owned the store nine years.

"I'm thinking about getting out of the business," Abdin said. "Business, it's very slow . It's not worth it to work by myself and risk my life."

The robbers were described as being 18 to 19 years old and between 5-foot-8 and 6 feet tall.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Jersey City Police Department Tip Line at (201) 547-JAIL.

Posted on: 2009/8/5 12:20

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017