Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
55 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 55

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

(1) 2 3 »

Re: Steven Fulop for Council - Ward E
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/9/29 17:41
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, congrats on the win!

Posted on: 2009/5/14 20:55

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/8/28 14:10
Group:
Registered Users
Great. Now maybe Steve can do something about this backflow preventor debacle!

Posted on: 2009/5/14 15:47

Congrats, Steve!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/4/17 20:12
Group:
Registered Users
We're thrilled with your victory last night, and so happy to have such an outstanding individual continue to represent our district!

Also, it was pleasure volunteering with the large amount of supporters last night. Great job to all. :)

Posted on: 2009/5/13 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/8/5 3:20
From Jersey City Heights
Group:
Registered Users
Semper Fi Steve!

Posted on: 2009/5/13 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Congratulations to Steve Fulop on his huge win last night!

Steve Fulop was not alone in his victory, as a great group of volunteers and all the voters who showed up yesterday enabled this victory to benefit all of us in Jersey City, not just Downtown.

Here's to Steve Fulop and us All!

Posted on: 2009/5/13 17:27
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/19 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
That was a monster win last night.I wonder where all the new posters will go.See you in four years Donaldj.

Posted on: 2009/5/13 15:26

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Binky wrote:
I don't know if that would make a good campaign slogan, though.

Fulop: NO PROBLEM TOO SMALL!

Very Funny!!!

But I am very happy that he gets back to me about the small things! It all adds up to create a better and safer street for me!

Posted on: 2009/5/12 13:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
I don't know if that would make a good campaign slogan, though.

Fulop: NO PROBLEM TOO SMALL!

I'll be voting for Steve anyway. We need people with a larger scope of vision than the HCDO regulars.
There's a future coming someday.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 13:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
PBW, that has been my experience with Steve as well. No problem is too small for him to deal with.

Voted early; voted Fulop.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 13:00

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/1 17:27
Group:
Registered Users
Anyone I know who has called Fulop, for even minor issues, says he gets back to them in within a day. For this reason alone, to have a councilman who is accessible, is enough to vote for him. Add in his record of an independent voice, which can mean agreeing or disagreeing with the mayor, rather than rubber stamping everything, therefore giving the issues more discussion, is a voice we cannot lose. Good Luck today Steve.

Posted on: 2009/5/12 12:31

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
+1

Posted on: 2009/5/12 12:25

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
Vote early - Vote Fulop!

Posted on: 2009/5/12 1:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/11 21:09
Group:
Registered Users
Please, everyone, make sure to get to the polls for Fulop tomorrow. I'm so proud that we have an independent voice willing to look out for the people's interests, not those of the HCDO.

I'm a lifelong Democrat and the HCDO makes me ashamed. It's only goal is to keep itself going. It's the opposite of good government. It's so threatened by Fulop trying to clean up city hall that it's putting its resources behind a Republican to fight him.

In the last four years, Fulop has been incredibly accessible and willing to listen to the people over city hall or developers. We can't lose his voice or his energy. Please, get to the polls tomorrow and support him. And, while you're there, vote for anyone besides Healy for mayor.

Posted on: 2009/5/11 23:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Less than 24 hours till the voting starts.Lets send a message to City Hall and have the most votes in any ward,regardless of who you vote for.

Posted on: 2009/5/11 11:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Ward E is where we live.Ward E is what we should most consider
important.Who will look out for our intrest.Fulop is that Person.

Posted on: 2009/5/10 3:29

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/5 21:35
Group:
Registered Users
srg1 - I could not agree more. Its imperative that we all vote on Tuesday and secure another term for Steve Fulop. He has been a political breath of fresh air during his time in office. I'm most impressed with his personal response to EVERY single email that my husband and I have sent him regarding all sorts of local issues and problems. Based on his response time with all matters, I question whether the man ever sleeps, but that is besides the point. Truthfully, I'm sick of the all of the yellow signs in the area promoting this apparent "change we can see". The only change I've seen is the change that Fulop has helped to create, not the current mayor or his council running mate. I will absolutely and proudly be casting my vote for Fulop next Tuesday for Council for Ward E and hope that many others will do the same. He must return to his position, Jersey City needs him! On a side note - I'm very curious who he would endorse for mayor as well.......

Posted on: 2009/5/8 21:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/29 16:55
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry I didn't mean to imply that, I will be voting and I encourage everyone to do the same.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 11:17

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/9/7 0:45
Group:
Registered Users
Ward E cannot take the Fulop win for granted. We need to go out and vote for Fulop on May 12th to make sure he wins the election.

Posted on: 2009/5/8 5:11

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop is JC's JFK or Obama, young, energetic, willing to take on the establishment to voice common sense and reason. Not to mention I have found him to be very available for his constituents via email and otherwise. These other guys don't get it. Technology and the changing world have left them behind. They are of the older generation that can't wrap there heads around cell phones or the internet. Hopefully Fulop can use these to his advantage to get into the mayor office next time around. Guy really doesn't stand a chance in WARD E, I would be surprised in he gets 10% of the vote. Go Fulop!

Posted on: 2009/5/8 2:40

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/2 20:19
Group:
Registered Users
Woah... what happened to all the other posts on this thread. Somebody's been editing.

Also, for me Fulop is the only choice. He's got a good thing going and Catrillo is the mayor's selection to derail the Fulop Express. I don't suppose it works to get a guy "out of nowhere" to run against the only councilman who anyone respects.

Catrillo may be a nice guy, but the squab thing is indicative of his seriousness as a candidate, his professionalism, and his "fiscal responsibility".

The New York Times' Richard Lenzin Jones explained it best:

Quote:

It was meant to be a dignified tribute on Sept. 11: a flock of doves soaring majestically past Lower Manhattan's altered skyline. There was only one problem. Those weren't doves. They were pigeons. And many of them couldn't fly.

During the memorial service here last week, many of the birds plunged into the Hudson River, smacked into plate-glass windows on office buildings and careered into the crowd. One perched atop the hard hat of a construction worker whose company had helped clear ground zero.

The problem was that instead of finding trained doves or homing pigeons, Catrillo went to a Newark poultry market "and bought 80 squabs, not knowing that the weak-winged birds would have trouble flying."

Also, his participation in a city-wide opposition to reassessments twenty years ago in meaningless now. As to the VVP presidency, it may well be also. When was it?

Dante Alighieri and Lincoln Park Assoc. are meaningless also.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 15:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mwa7368 wrote:
Has Steve said who he supports for Mayor and at-large council?

Not that I've heard of. I'm curious to see as well.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 14:15

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Has Steve said who he supports for Mayor and at-large council?

Posted on: 2009/5/7 13:30

Re: Negative Campaigning in Municipal Elections
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Fulop was only one at the debate who seemed to know what he was talking about.Guy Catrillo sounded a little unstable.Riaz really came across as sincere in helping people.Jamie Vazquez just seemed tired and tried to recreate his glory days.

Posted on: 2009/5/7 4:44

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/4/25 16:16
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
I got the same letter in my mail.

Does Catrillo think that Ward E residents have been in a coma for five years? Doesn't Catrillo realize that when Steve was disagreeing with other members of the council, he was representing OUR voices and wishes? Doesn't he realize that Steve is always one phone-call, email, twitter/tweet away and always responds to citizens' concerns?

Okay, maybe like T-Bird , I am a partisan too, but Steve has REALLY worked hard for Ward E.

I got so angry I threw the letter out!

[quote]
T-Bird wrote:
[snip}
When I got home last night, I found my first Catrillo mailer waiting for me in the mailbox. Aside from it having several typos, instances of poor grammar and being printed on cheap paper, the thing that struck me is that over the course of 500 or so words was that Guy Catrillo says not one word about what Guy Catrillo would do as councilman.

First he says that he's "not a career politician" and that he's "spent my life volunteering". Next he says that he "was not seeking to run for public office" but that the "current Councilman" is a divider seeking to advance his own career. (Why that means Guy should run for council is not explained.) He goes on to say that "Delivering results and change you can see requires working well with others and finding common ground." I was confused by this point - not sure if Guy wants to become the Mayor's yes man or run a pre-school.

[snip}
quote]

Posted on: 2009/5/6 15:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/7/8 14:23
Group:
Registered Users
As a Fulop supporter, as a Catrillo admirer, and as a friend of the person who voiced an opinion in a private email to her private list of friends (is it confirmed that it was a community email list?), I want to please ask that this person's email not be exposed for the person's privacy. This person is passionate and yes, probably misdirected by someone but this person merely asked friends to ask the Fulop campaign a list of questions. And, apparently somebody did ask. The person's email does not reflect this person as a whole who is well liked.

So that's that. Questions were asked and the campaign answered.

The End.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 14:15

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/6/30 17:43
Group:
Registered Users
I dont see anything wrong with the Fulop campaign answering charges with facts. I always complain when campaigns resort to negative tactics and it was good to see a campaign present a logical and factual rebuttal to questions that were raised. Who cares who sent what email to whom. The campaign obviously thought it would further their case by addressing the questions raised.

It also shed more light on a couple of specific issues. For example I wasnt sure what Fulop's position was on the Embankement (per questions raised in earlier in this forum) and now based on the information in the link above it seems he is solidly in favor of preserving it. I had made up my mind to vote for Fulop, but the additional information was actually very helpful.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 14:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/25 20:40
From somewhere else
Group:
Registered Users
The interesting thing (to me, at least) about this whole he said/he said/she said/they said/we said bickering is that it detracts from one simple fact: Catrillo has nothing to say.

When I got home last night, I found my first Catrillo mailer waiting for me in the mailbox. Aside from it having several typos, instances of poor grammar and being printed on cheap paper, the thing that struck me is that over the course of 500 or so words was that Guy Catrillo says not one word about what Guy Catrillo would do as councilman.

First he says that he's "not a career politician" and that he's "spent my life volunteering". Next he says that he "was not seeking to run for public office" but that the "current Councilman" is a divider seeking to advance his own career. (Why that means Guy should run for council is not explained.) He goes on to say that "Delivering results and change you can see requires working well with others and finding common ground." I was confused by this point - not sure if Guy wants to become the Mayor's yes man or run a pre-school.

The big finish to the letter is that the mayor has a good record and that Guy feels he'd be a good extension of the mayor's voice downtown. Oddly, it's unclear to me that Guy knows exactly what he's running for - the envelope's return address is a label that says "Guy Catrillo for Downtown Council". Downtown Council - is that something like the Kiwanis Club? The Tri-lateral commission?

Yes, earlier in this thread I expressed my support for Fulop so I guess that makes my observations tainted to some. But with or without a Fulop, I'm stunned to think that in a city the size of JC someone with as thin a record as Catrillo and no stated message or ideas for what he'd like to accomplish as a councilman could even muster the postage to send out such an amateurish letter. When you have nothing to offer, the only choice you have is to attack.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

I quote:
"Finally, yesterday morning, vocal and key volunteers to the Catrillo campaign started sending out emails (to addresses from community distribution email lists) and letters full of
misinformation and exaggeration."

What really happened is a Catrillo supporter sent a personal email to a few individuals (NOT A COMMUNITY DISTRIBUTION LIST) who asked; why the support for Guy. A Fulop supporter ignorantly, forwarded the email to the campaign.
This sent naive, mean-spirited, self-righteous individuals into turmoil. They made this a public forum by publishing the issues on the website.
Do you think this is an violation of privacy, maybe? Open, honest, government.......hmmmmm.
Who cares about a personal email. Are you joking????
The Junior League has arrived! This feels like a student government election. Manzo and Healy must be laughing their heads off.

"A Fulop supporter ignorantly, forwarded the email to the campaign."
It's not ignorant to to ask a councilman, or anyone, about charges made against them.

"This sent naive, mean-spirited, self-righteous individuals into turmoil."
Slander.

"They made this a public forum by publishing the issues on the website."
They have every right to contradict falsehoods being circulated about them.

"Do you think this is an violation of privacy, maybe?"
No. It is not. But thank you for implying that Fulop's campaign broke the law -which they didn't. Once again you're bordering on slander.

If indeed it is the case of a Catrillo supporter sending the email out on his own, why not chastise him/her for the misinformation he/she sent out? Unless I see the email it's hard for me to judge whether it looks like or written like an official email.

Bottom line is this. Politics are in full swing. From what I've heard Catrillo is a nice guy, but his campaign may not be. They are doing negative ads after all. If the only thing Fulop's campaign got wrong was that it wasn't a distribution list, to me not a big deal. If there's lies being sent out about him, and he has no idea who received it, of course he'll respond point by point if even one of those people are responsible and goes to his website to check him out.

I do not work for any campaign. Just calling it as I see it.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 12:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
In no way do I disagree with any campaign addressing their opponents advertising. Mt question is ONLY about the email sent out. I can't make heads or tails of Ogden's post reply nor does the last paragraph make any sense without seeing the email they write about. Spin this anyway you want to the campaign addresses "a email" sent out and I am asking them if they can provide the text of this email.

Posted on: 2009/5/6 11:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Since the Fulop campaign has brought this up and has sent out a press release and even posted information on it's website would you mind providing us with:

The full text of the email. (Minus the names of the individual recipients and the sender).

What community groups received the email?

What proof that Catrillo campaign initiated this email distribution?

Without providing the email and let us all come to our own conclusions it seems more like it's just campaign tactic. Let's be honest here with Steven Fulops track record based on some of the stunts he did in his 2005 campaign makes me feel that this way. No disrespect to you, Shelly and these questions are not meant to set you up but something just doesn't feel right here and I would like to get all the facts.

Thanks

Posted on: 2009/5/6 11:11

(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017