Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: New Bulletin Boards at VVP
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
I think the new boards look great. Way better than the crappy stuff that used to be up there. It will be nice to know exactly where to look for neighborhood information. Thank you, Parkman!

(And oottabahr retsae yppah, you big crank, you. or revossap, or whatever you celebrate.)

Posted on: 2009/4/11 19:22

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/9/9 14:13
Group:
Registered Users
The Van Vorst Park Association would like to formally thank the Parkman for assisting in the renovation of the bulletin boards in Van Vorst Park--and for his years of commitment on a VOLUNTEER basis to making the park a better place for us all to visit, play, walk our dog, watch a film....
FYI--the intent of the enclosed area on the new bulletin boards was to make sure there was always a space provided for public events concerning our neighborhood--

Posted on: 2009/4/11 15:35

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/12/12 21:42
From on van vorst park
Group:
Registered Users
The Van Vorst Park Assoc. and the Friends of Van Vorst Park provided the new bulletin boards. An individual in the VVPA, designed, paid for, and installed the new boards, We asked permission from Parks and Forestry to replace the rotting boards with a marine grade wood and a glass enclosure to provide a space for non-commercial, VVP community announcements. This space will be used to give dates for such events as films in the park, plays, music, and public meetings. If you would like to be considered for posting in this space, please e-mail to marcwesson2@aol.com with details.

Thanks for the positive acknowledgment Kitten?most of the time around here, no good deed goes unpunished.

Posted on: 2009/4/11 14:22

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/21 20:29
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

OottaBahr wrote:
Parkie,

Did you have something to do with the new and improved community Bulletin Boards outside VVP?

Did community $$ go towards that?

I see that a good deal of space is now behind glass, and can only be accessed by lock and key. Who's bright idea was it to put glass there (you know that won't last a season) and who determines what merits getting posted in that coveted space? Who gets the key? Who's throat gets choked when something behind the glass is out of date? And who determined that the community at large would be best served by having a smaller amount of space than they previously had?

I bet the answer to much of the above is "parkie."
Kisses.

If in fact it is was parkman who changed the bulletin boards I say good. Those boards were eyesores filled with staples on top of staples..

In my opinion, parkman can do what he wants to vvp park... without him, that place would be an overgrown trash pit.

Posted on: 2009/4/11 13:43

New Bulletin Boards at VVP
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 8:40
Group:
Banned
Parkie,

Did you have something to do with the new and improved community Bulletin Boards outside VVP?

Did community $$ go towards that?

I see that a good deal of space is now behind glass, and can only be accessed by lock and key. Who's bright idea was it to put glass there (you know that won't last a season) and who determines what merits getting posted in that coveted space? Who gets the key? Who's throat gets choked when something behind the glass is out of date? And who determined that the community at large would be best served by having a smaller amount of space than they previously had?

I bet the answer to much of the above is "parkie."
Kisses.

Posted on: 2009/4/11 4:28

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017