Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
128 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 128

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Youth Design and Urbanism Education Donation?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/14 17:57
From McGinley Square
Group:
Registered Users
I'm working with PCUE (Parents and Community United for Education), a grassroots Jersey City education reform organization, to put together a book/geek/fun event for middle school and high school students, possibly in connection with another community org. in McGinley Square.

There will be a range of books and materials available, and it sounds like what you have would be greatly inspiring to these folks!

PM me if you'd like to share your bounty with this program.

Posted on: 2009/4/11 14:57

Re: Youth Design and Urbanism Education Donation?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2018/11/24 5:16
Group:
Registered Users
I would try NJCU - they have an arts/design program.

Also, I've given away lots of magazines on Freecycle, if you want to go that route.

Posted on: 2009/4/10 22:12

Youth Design and Urbanism Education Donation?

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/5/6 4:11
Group:
Registered Users
Hi, I have a couple years of recent Metropolis mags that I want to be used again before going to the recycling center. Can anyone recommend a local program or teacher that thinks their students/participants would like the mags for reading and/or chopping up for projects?

In case you are not familiar with Metropolis magazine,

"Metropolis examines contemporary life through design?architecture, interior design, product design, graphic design, crafts, planning, and preservation. Subjects range from the sprawling urban environment to intimate living spaces to small objects of everyday use. In looking for why design happens in a certain way, Metropolis explores the economic, environmental, social, cultural, political, and technological context. With its innovative graphic presentation and its provocative voice, Metropolis shows how richly designed our world can be."

Thanks so much! It's spring cleaning and moving time and I need to be freed of my piles.

Posted on: 2009/4/10 22:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017