Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
102 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 102

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Plumbing blockage between house and street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/4/10 4:08
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Unfortunately, the pipes from your house to the city lines are your responsibility. We had to hire a plumber to dig under the sidewalk and the street when our sewar pipe cracked.

Yup. I went through the same situation. My plumber discovered that the city's wonderful repaving crews crushed an old ceramic pipe that led to the street. I took photos during excavation and included a few that my plumber took with a sewer line camera. The city said that there was no proof that their crews broke the pipe.

I fought this for two years and lost.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 5:46

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/20 2:33
Group:
Registered Users
I can't really understand what you are trying to describe, but it sounds like you might be looking down into a house trap. Which is supposed to have standing water in it.
You need a plumber to take a look.
+1 for Brajczewski.

Posted on: 2009/3/7 4:02

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/17 14:13
Group:
Banned
Not so fast! Our neighbor had this issue, got their own plumber who discovered an issue that was neglect of the city's contractors who concreted a pipe and a piece of the concrete went through the piping. So it ended up being a city issue but the neighbor was required to pay up and document everything...

Posted on: 2009/3/6 19:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Brajczewski Plumbing on Morris Street, I think. It was quite a while ago. They did a great job for a very reasonable price (based upon 2-3 estimates) BUT it took forever for them to do the work after we had agreed on the price. And then they just showed up one morning without notice. They dug underneath the slate sidewalk by hand to avoid gas lines. One thing that stands out in my mind was that Kook and Sons came in with an estimate that was double the price, and they wanted to demo the slate.

Don't ever use Kook and Sons, they are way overpriced! I used them about 1 year ago and was not happy at all.

Posted on: 2009/3/6 19:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users
Brajczewski Plumbing on Morris Street, I think. It was quite a while ago. They did a great job for a very reasonable price (based upon 2-3 estimates) BUT it took forever for them to do the work after we had agreed on the price. And then they just showed up one morning without notice. They dug underneath the slate sidewalk by hand to avoid gas lines. One thing that stands out in my mind was that Kook and Sons came in with an estimate that was double the price, and they wanted to demo the slate.

Posted on: 2009/3/6 18:36

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/11 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

K-Lo wrote:
Unfortunately, the pipes from your house to the city lines are your responsibility. We had to hire a plumber to dig under the sidewalk and the street when our sewar pipe cracked.

thanks K-Lo,

Which plumber did you use? Would you reccomend them?

Posted on: 2009/3/6 17:53

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/10/21 19:48
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2009/3/6 17:48

Plumbing blockage between house and street
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/6/11 16:43
Group:
Registered Users
Need advice. From the basement, I can see stagnant water in the pipe that goes under the house. Pushed in another 3-4 feet..distance to ground level, and I am assuming where the pipes from the house connect to the lines leading to the sewers, and no blockage there. So it appears that the blockage is not inside my house but rather in the lines leading to the sewers.

Not sure if I should call a plumber or a city agency since the blockage is not really inside my house.

Any advice/ideas?

Posted on: 2009/3/6 17:33

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017