Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Princeton Borough home invasion by Jersey City men leaves 54-year-old shaken
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Lock him up in a fridge with some dynamite = Kaboom!

Posted on: 2009/3/5 18:22

Re: Princeton Borough home invasion by Jersey City men leaves 54-year-old shaken
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Home invasion suspect nabbed
Thursday, March 05, 2009

PRINCETON BOROUGH -- A known member of the Crips gang wanted for a home invasion in Princeton Borough was found and arrested Tuesday in Virginia.

Kenneth "KaBoom" Darby, 35, was located at a motel in Richmond, Va., by members of the U.S. Marshal's Regional Fugitive Task Force Capital Area Division after receiving information from the Mercer County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Marshal's fugitive task force regarding his whereabouts.

Darby, a Jersey City resident, is wanted on charges of armed robbery, burglary, kidnapping, criminal restraint, aggravated assault with a weapon and weapons offenses for his involvement in a home invasion on John Street on Feb. 23. Darby and fellow suspect Eugene Smith are accused of tying up the home's 54-year-old resident to a refrigerator while stealing money from the house.

The victim's 27-year-old son was later found to be in possession of numerous drugs, leading police to believe the suspects targeted the house for that specific reason. Upon his arrest, police found a large quantity of heroin on Darby.

Darby is being held in Virginia, but will be transported back to New Jersey shortly.

Posted on: 2009/3/5 14:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/1/10 17:34
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

heights wrote:
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
This is just GREAT. Now the scumbags are commuting to work.
Nowhere is safe.

I doubt they would travel all the way to Princeton just to rob the place, it was an inside job... drug related. They had reason to go there, the place was targeted. Everyone is shocked by crime here in J.C. economics is bringing this upon us nothing new been going on for centuries, even before the great one walked on water. Since gentrification lots of residents began migrating to Pennsylvania now those small towns have an elevation of crime they've never dealt with before. Everybody is everywhere these days, there are no country club partitions separating the haves from the have-nots. And everyone is suspect as well. Watch your wallets.

Actually some towns have a great police force that help to separate the "haves" from the "have nots". Try and pull any funny business in Westfield and see the meticulous police response time. Interestingly, the article mentions that it was Princeton cops who located these individuals in JC. I guess our cops have better things to do...like issue tickets for double parking while people are getting beat down with bricks.

Posted on: 2009/2/27 16:32

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Nowhere is safe.

I doubt they would travel all the way to Princeton just to rob the place, it was an inside job... drug related. They had reason to go there, the place was targeted. Everyone is shocked by crime here in J.C. economics is bringing this upon us nothing new been going on for centuries, even before the great one walked on water. Since gentrification lots of residents began migrating to Pennsylvania now those small towns have an elevation of crime they've never dealt with before. Everybody is everywhere these days, there are no country club partitions separating the haves from the have-nots. And everyone is suspect as well. Watch your wallets.

Posted on: 2009/2/27 12:56

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/3/22 21:14
Group:
Registered Users
I remember several years ago I was walking home from a party in Harsimus Cove around 1 or 2 in the morning and I saw these girls who came up to me telling me they were just mugged. I called the police and had one of the girls tell them the description of the guys and car, etc. After I walked them home, I saw the very car and two guys they described on Barrow Street and they were eyeing me. I pretended my cellphone rang and said to the fictitious caller, "yeah, I'm on Barrow right around the corner from you. Oh wait, I think I see you". They drove off and I hightailed it doing the most incredible sprint home.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/24/n ... watch.economy/#cnnSTCText

Posted on: 2009/2/27 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Judge's wife serves up justice
I love this woman! please don't tell me she's an actress..(.that would break my heart) because as the OP stated:..."she is my new hero"

Posted on: 2009/2/27 1:14

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned

Nowhere is safe.

Posted on: 2009/2/27 0:47

Princeton Borough home invasion by Jersey City men leaves 54-year-old shaken
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Princeton home invasion leaves 54-year-old shaken

by Erin Duffy/The Times
Wednesday February 25, 2009

PRINCETON BOROUGH -- A 54-year-old man was left unharmed but shaken after home invaders bound him to a refrigerator with a hood tied over his head Monday afternoon.

Police later seized large quantities of drugs from the household, leading them to believe the robbery was drug-related.

The victim reported that two males had forcibly entered the residence at approximately 2:30 p.m. Monday and tackled him to the ground before placing the hood on his head and tying him to the refrigerator. The suspects looted the house and took an undisclosed amount of cash before fleeing the scene in a blue pick-up truck, which was later found several blocks away at Charlton Street.

Police searched for the suspects for several hours to no avail, until suspect Eugene Smith, 37, of Jersey City, was found on Nassau Street near Charlton Street.

On Tuesday, a second suspect, 24-year-old Melinda Hartzog, was located in Jersey City, where she lives, by Princeton Borough police, the Mercer County Sheriff's Office, the Hudson County Sheriff's Office and members of the U.S. Marshals Service. An arrest warrant has been issued for a third suspect, Kenneth Darby, 35, also of Jersey City, who has not yet been located by police.

Darby and Smith were charged with robbery, kidnapping, burglary, criminal restraint, false imprisonment, theft and weapons violations. Smith's bail was set at $300,000. Hartzog was charged with complicity to commit robbery, complicity to commit burglary and complicity to commit theft, with bail set at $50,000.

While investigating the home in the aftermath of the robbery, police arrested the victim's son, 27-year-old Jesse Carter, and charged him with possession of cocaine, marijuana, ecstasy and psilocybin mushrooms and possession with intent to distribute. Carter was also charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and illegal possession of prescription drugs and held in lieu of $77,000 bail.

Police said Carter's drug ties are the most likely cause for the robbery and that the house was specifically targeted by the suspects, although Carter was not home at the time of the break-in and is not believed to have any personal involvement in the alleged crime.

Police added that there is no indication that the robbery victim was involved in any way with the drugs found at his house.

"He's a complete victim in this. He was unaware of anything," said Lt. Nicholas Sutter. "He's just very shaken up over the whole thing."

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/20 ... home_invasion_leaves.html

Posted on: 2009/2/27 0:42

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017