Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
155 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 155

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Affordable housing line stretches for blocks -- Residents to pay only a third of income for rent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/26 3:33
Group:
Banned
what you guys so worked up for? the location is already a sh*thole, so it doesnt really matter. Hopefully some of those units will goto people with real need who lost their jobs, instead of just those gangbanger leechers.

either way it doesnt really affect downtown or newport (which is all that matters in jc /flame on!)

Posted on: 2009/2/3 16:47

Re: Affordable housing line stretches for blocks -- Residents to pay only a third of income for rent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/1/22 18:21
Group:
Banned
Quote:

fairviewguy wrote:
affordable housing is the last thing jersey city needs. i want to see the type of people on this line. if my assumptions as to who those people are are correct, we will be hearing about crime from these places in no time.

it's the wrong thing to be investing in right now jersey city

Your hard earned tax dollars at work.....

Aint DHAT Special...

Posted on: 2009/2/3 16:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Does it come with a block of cheese ?

Posted on: 2009/2/3 16:28

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/18 15:54
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
"Of the 67 apartments, 56 are considered affordable and 11 are market-rate rentals, officials said."

Who are the 11 people/familes that are going to pay market rate to live in low income housing? I'm not knocking low income housing but I would rather see the numbers at least 50/50 if not more market rate.

Posted on: 2009/2/3 15:51

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/4/27 12:39
Group:
Registered Users
affordable housing is the last thing jersey city needs. i want to see the type of people on this line. if my assumptions as to who those people are are correct, we will be hearing about crime from these places in no time.

it's the wrong thing to be investing in right now jersey city

Posted on: 2009/2/3 15:47

Affordable housing line stretches for blocks -- Residents to pay only a third of income for rent
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Affordable housing line stretches for blocks

Tuesday, February 03, 2009
By CHARLES HACK
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

The crowd gathered early on Pacific Avenue in Jersey City yesterday morning, hoping to land one of 67 new rental units at the Barbara Place Terrace public housing development.

More than two hours after the rental office opened, the line stretched for several blocks.

By lunch time, 300 applications had been handed out, said Maria Maio, executive director of the Jersey City Housing Authority, the developer of the federally-subsidized complex.

Of the 67 apartments, 56 are considered affordable and 11 are market-rate rentals, officials said.

April Aiken, 29, of Danforth Avenue, a bartender and mother of two, said she did not mind the two-hour wait.

"It's all right," Aiken said. "We need more homes like this."

An unemployed accountant and father of three, who did not wish to be identified, walked away with his application at 12:30 p.m. after waiting in line since 9:15 a.m.

"I have no job and I am paying a lot for rent," said the Wayne Street resident. "I have to manage the budget carefully for my family of five."

Priority will be given to former residents of the Lafayette Gardens public housing development, Maio said.

Barbara Place Terrace is part of the Lafayette Gardens Hope VI project, which when complete, will replace 492 demolished public housing units with 274 new townhouse apartments and 83 senior apartments.

Residents in public housing pay a third of their income in rent.

This development includes 12 one-bedroom units, 33 two-bedroom units, 20 three-bedroom units and two four-bedroom units.

Applications will be handed out today through Thursday, and Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., officials said.

Posted on: 2009/2/3 12:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017