Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
67 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 67

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: JCPD to Begin Arresting Deadbeat Landlords Jan. 12th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

POLICE LAUNCH OPERATION HOUSE CALL
Mayor Healy Orders Crackdown on Deadbeat Landlords
Fix Your Property or Go To Jail

Chief Thomas Comey stated ?As law enforcement officers, our mission is to protect and serve the public.

Statement of the year from Comey - 'protect and serve the public' !

I bet they have developers waiting in a queue for those properties that landlords just can't maintain and need Police to step in.

I also like the 'quality of life' statement too - what a crock of siht.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 20:37
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

JCPD to Begin Arresting Deadbeat Landlords Jan. 12th
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/1/29 1:10
Group:
Registered Users
I just saw this on the JCPD website - interesting! To see a list of the landlords on their ready-to-arrest list:

Heat & Hot Water Warrants

Housing Violation Warrants

--------------------------------------------------------------

POLICE LAUNCH OPERATION HOUSE CALL
Mayor Healy Orders Crackdown on Deadbeat Landlords
Fix Your Property or Go To Jail

JERSEY CITY - Mayor Jerramiah Healy, Jersey City Police, and Hudson County Sheriff?s Office announced the kickoff of OPERATION HOUSE CALL for December 11, 2008.

The initiative is designed to insure residential and commercial property owners are held accountable for violations on their properties, which negatively affect the quality of life of Jersey City residents and visitors.

The Jersey City Police Department will post the names of property owners/managers/agents, who are delinquent on Court ordered repairs and fines, on its website, www.NJJCPD.org.

Initially, only the names of repeat offenders and property owners, whose properties evidence the most serious violations, will be published on the website.

During the weeks that follow, the names of property owners, who have failed to address less serious violations, will be listed. The launching of the operation will give those, who have failed to answer citations and/or warrants time to remediate these issues to the satisfaction of the Court.

Beginning January 12, 2009, however, Jersey City Police Officers and Hudson County Sheriff?s Officers will start making ?house calls? to arrest these violators.

?The publication of the names of violators, although not required, will give landlords the opportunity to meet their obligation as property owners to provide safe and decent housing for City residents, ? Mayor Healy said..

Chief Thomas Comey stated ?As law enforcement officers, our mission is to protect and serve the public. I am pleased Sheriff Juan Perez has chosen to join the Mayor and me in this initiative. Together we will work to meet the Mayor?s mandate to make Jersey City a better place to live, work and visit.

To that end, I promise those landlords, who do not maintain their properties in a manner compliant with the law; that they can expect a visit from us.

Posted on: 2008/12/11 16:50

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017