Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
52 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 52

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: female friend grabbed by two men at journal square
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/1/20 23:56
From Bergen/Lafayette
Group:
Registered Users
This afternoon on the PATH that departed 33rd Street to JSQ at 4:37 already onboard sleeping was a man of slight build wearing a woman?s black spaghetti top, jeans with what appeared to be spilled nail polish on his left knee and white canvas sandals. His hair was short, combed back, dark brown/black and starting to recede. He wore a pink barrette close to the back of his head and a gold-toned oval ring on his right ring finger. The polish on his fingernails was chipped off and his toenails were painted a deep red, also chipping off. His feet were in very bad shape, almost as if they were diseased but this could have been days of dirt, his big toenail seemed to be damaged. In his lap was a medium sized dark brown overnight bag. He remained sleeping when we arrived at JSQ. I thought I would pass this along as he somewhat fits the description of one of the men in the original post.

I am sorry to hear a new resident had such a bad experience.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 22:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
+1
I feel for her but she needs to learn that she's not in Disneyland or Suburbia anymore... I hope she calls and the police pick these two losers up before they hurt someone!

Being "naive" isn't even possible in tony Manhattan, as sadly can be seen in this week's story about the 19-year-old PACE student...
http://gothamist.com/2008/09/04/suspe ... ack_to_kill_pace_stud.php

Quote:

JoyOfSound wrote:
She said the two men looked shabby and homeless...she said the other one looked cracked out and scary.

Quote:

CK wrote:
The 1st mistake yr friend made was to stop in the first place?
Why would anyone do that ?
She must originally be from the Mid-west or south, Correct?
Thats totally Naive !

Quote:

heights wrote:
Her first mistake was giving them a cigarette; she should have run right then and there. ...
...That guilt trip "why are you rude" scam is an opening for a disaster.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 15:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Her first mistake was giving them a cigarette; she should have run right then and there. These lowlifes (sorry for the term if I insulted anyone) should not be allowed to loiter in the area. I hope they are there again so someone can teach them a lesson or at least wipe them off the face of the earth. When these good for nothings asked her "why she was so rude" she is not obligated to answer or even look at them. Everyone should be considered suspect, ignore those you don't know, remember what your mother said "don't talk to strangers". I bet if this happens again that woman will not be so inclined to offer the cigarette and hopefully she will be as rude as can be. That guilt trip "why are you rude" scam is an opening for a disaster.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 14:48

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
Quote:

JoyOfSound wrote:
hello,

my female friend who just moved into my building called me and told me she was assaulted by two men at journal square.

she said one asked her for a cigarette, as she was walking past the payphone/plaza area. she gave one a cigarette, and then walked away to continue home. the other one yelled at something to her, like "why you so rude?", and demanded another cigarette.

i think she was scared they may follow her, so she went to give the other guy a cigarette, and then they grabbed her arms and tried to walk her away. she was telling them to let go of her, and they were not letting go. she was very scared, and able to break free, and ran the 3 blocks home from the square.

she asked me if this sort of thing happens a lot around here, and i told her that was the very first time i have heard of anything like that. i told her that she should call the police, and at least notify them that two strange guys are grabbing women in the fountain area of JSQ. she felt maybe she was being paranoid, but we both agreed that a line has been crossed when someone GRABS your arm forcibly and won't let go.

i told her to call the non-emergency line and report the incident. i hope she follows through.

but, we both wondered, what would the cops do, if anything at all?

they really need to have a stronger police presence at JSQ at night. i don't think people feel safe walking through there.

she said the two men looked shabby and homeless. she said one looked like a really bad drag queen (no joke). she said, he wasn't looking glammed up....just like a weird gross cross dresser. she said the other one looked cracked out and scary.

just a warning to you all....

The 1st mistake yr friend made was to stop in the first place?

Why would anyone do that ?

She must originally be from the Mid-west or south, Correct?

Thats totally Naive !

CK

Posted on: 2008/9/4 14:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
At least the police have done a really thorough job of inspecting everyone's backpacks. Glad to see they have stopped all the terrahists. I mean, its not like to guys assaulting anyone is terrifying.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 14:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/7/8 2:45
From Bergen/Laf
Group:
Registered Users
I agree with the police presence at JSQ... or as I refer to it... L7 (haha) I sometimes take the path into the city on a Saturday night and come home in the wee hours of the morning... most of the time with a friend but sometimes come home alone... for a woman traveling in the square ... I carry mace if you read the paper there are more then enough robberies that have taken place in JSQ

Posted on: 2008/9/4 14:31

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
If it happened on the platform she should notify Port Authority Police they have cameras all over the place maybe they can help her.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 4:18

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/1 1:50
Group:
Registered Users
that's quite scary.

i gotta say, every damn day i read about someone getting assaulted, shot at, beat up, stabbed.......i don't know how anyone, especially women living in JC are not carrying mace. middle of the night, woman walking home........should have mace/pepper spray in hand.

not once have i read a thread on here saying, "assaulted......man approached her.......maced the attacker.......walked away unharmed......."

how many more times do people need to read this stuff before they wise up.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 4:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
See...smoking is a health hazard.

See if there are any CCTV's around that area - there are near / around the PATH

Posted on: 2008/9/4 4:07
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
She should definitely get the cops involved especially since the guys will probably still be there and she can ID them.

Posted on: 2008/9/4 3:58

female friend grabbed by two men at journal square
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/3/30 16:31
From journal square
Group:
Registered Users
hello,

my female friend who just moved into my building called me and told me she was assaulted by two men at journal square.

she said one asked her for a cigarette, as she was walking past the payphone/plaza area. she gave one a cigarette, and then walked away to continue home. the other one yelled at something to her, like "why you so rude?", and demanded another cigarette.

i think she was scared they may follow her, so she went to give the other guy a cigarette, and then they grabbed her arms and tried to walk her away. she was telling them to let go of her, and they were not letting go. she was very scared, and able to break free, and ran the 3 blocks home from the square.

she asked me if this sort of thing happens a lot around here, and i told her that was the very first time i have heard of anything like that. i told her that she should call the police, and at least notify them that two strange guys are grabbing women in the fountain area of JSQ. she felt maybe she was being paranoid, but we both agreed that a line has been crossed when someone GRABS your arm forcibly and won't let go.

i told her to call the non-emergency line and report the incident. i hope she follows through.

but, we both wondered, what would the cops do, if anything at all?

they really need to have a stronger police presence at JSQ at night. i don't think people feel safe walking through there.

she said the two men looked shabby and homeless. she said one looked like a really bad drag queen (no joke). she said, he wasn't looking glammed up....just like a weird gross cross dresser. she said the other one looked cracked out and scary.

just a warning to you all....

Posted on: 2008/9/4 3:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017