Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Attempted Bag Snatch in West Bergen Area - Cops were A+
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Love a happy ending, thanks for the post and glad you didn't get hurt!

Posted on: 2008/4/29 2:58

Attempted Bag Snatch in West Bergen Area - Cops were A+

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/8 15:45
Group:
Registered Users
I've been lurking around here for over a year now but wanted to post my experience this evening.

I was walking down Hamilton Ave from West End Ave to my home near Bergen Ave, at about 7:30 pm. On my way home from work, pocketbook and gym bag in hand. Just had crossed JFK Blvd and was walking along the side of the Bank of America, when a man jumped out from the parking lot and tried to grab my bags. He finally got them away from me and started running back up Hamilton across JFK. This awesome guy standing on the corner flags down a cop car and then the three of them (2 cops + awesome guy) take off after my would-be mugger. They grabbed him about 50 yards from the corner, and got me back my stuff.

The police were completely professional both to me *and* to my assailant. No raised voices, no posturing. They just put him in the car and took him down to the station with me in a cop car right behind. I was treated with respect and kindness the entire time I was there.

I've read some stories here of cops who weren't acting their best so I wanted to post my story of those who were. These guys were great all the way.

Oh and I found out that "awesome guy" is named Van and he works at Fiesta Grill on Montgomery. So if you are ever in there please say hi to him.

Posted on: 2008/4/29 2:53

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017