Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Greenville: Man shot and pistol-whipped by 4 "juvenile males" on Danforth near Garfield.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/5/19 22:46
Group:
Registered Users
There is a place right here in Jersey City, Mount Carmel Guild on the corner of West Side and Lexington Avenue.
I know of a mother who was refered to this place she got the help she needed for her son, very responsible mother. She was always looking for some kind of help, family counseling, she had to go first for herself of course, to learn more on how she could help her son. Then she brought her son whom was acting strange, staying out late, hanging out with the wrong crowd. One morning after he left for school, she searched his room. She found drugs nickel bags of weed. She told me she threw the stuff down the toilet and went to the school for help. He is now a model citizen serving his country proudly. He served in Iraq, Korea, and will be going to Afganistan next.
Maybe the city can coax the school system in implementing a program. I see so many political fliers during the elections maybe some about where a parent can go to get help for themselves and their children mailed of course. Out of some misses, there might be some hits.

Posted on: 2008/3/21 16:02

Re: Greenville: Man shot and pistol-whipped by 4 "juvenile males" on Danforth near Garfield.
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/9/30 16:10
Group:
Registered Users
I would agree with you if we were talking about a non-violent offense.

This however is a serious crime. What would you suggest we do? Give them a 'time-out' for pistol whipping and shooting a man?

Posted on: 2008/3/20 17:33
Author, Dream-weaver, Visionary, plus Actor

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/3/27 15:08
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Selective wrote:
Sorry guy, when kids pistol-whip and shoot someone it's not a "city turning a deaf ear thing" or a "youth that are in desperate need of help thing."

It's a criminal thing.

It's exactly this type of willfully ignorant myopia that perpetuates crime in a society like ours.

Call me crazy for being willing to explore options other than just punitive, because, oh i dunno, it'd probably be great to try to prevent crime before it happens. And the whole punitive-only thing seems to really be working out.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 17:26

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
Sorry guy, when kids pistol-whip and shoot someone it's not a "city turning a deaf ear thing" or a "youth that are in desperate need of help thing."

It's a criminal thing.

Posted on: 2008/3/20 13:52

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
No.
I'd like to think this is true but....
It's many things. It's a recession and drug dealing thing. It's a people so desperate for money thing.
It's a city turning a deaf ear thing.
It's the youth that are in desperate need of help thing.
You complain and complain and complain to the injustices and to things you know are just not right and nothing gets done thing.
It's many things.
Sometimes you see a small flicker at the end of the tunnel of a lit candle but never any sparks, or huge fires.
I'm still waiting.
I in the meantime try to do what I can over on this side of town.
But things get done really quickly over on the Newport side of town.
You guys over on that side of town are lucky you have Fulop.
I think the people of every ward has to choose and vote very carefully on who is best to represent their ward regarding whats in the best interest for the people, the voters.
Council people should not wait to take action on issues right before an election.
I want to see our streets paved.
I want to see mothers letting their children play out side without fear that their child might be shot by a stay bullet.
I want to see the youth working.
Programs to to help them.
I want to see the parents getting the help they need to help their children.

Posted on: 2008/3/19 23:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

dontstealmyrocks wrote:
I live in this area, almost every night bet. 2-4am you can hear gun shots last night I heard 3 and called the cops.

The operator asked me if I knew where the shots were coming from I said I didn't know. Then she asked me my address, and said the police would come to my home to see if they could hear more gunfire.

It's crazy over on this side of town. This has been going on for YEARS before Healy.

The police are doing the best they can I'm glad that they come out right away when I or my neighbors call.

In comparison to the past, the types of crimes are getting worse and the offenders are getting younger and younger.

I am NOT looking forward to the summer.

You must be west of Garfield and north of Danforth. It's a block by block thing.

Posted on: 2008/3/16 12:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
I live in this area, almost every night bet. 2-4am you can hear gun shots last night I heard 3 and called the cops.

The operator asked me if I knew where the shots were coming from I said I didn't know. Then she asked me my address, and said the police would come to my home to see if they could hear more gunfire.

It's crazy over on this side of town. This has been going on for YEARS before Healy.

The police are doing the best they can I'm glad that they come out right away when I or my neighbors call.

In comparison to the past, the types of crimes are getting worse and the offenders are getting younger and younger.

I am NOT looking forward to the summer.

Posted on: 2008/3/16 0:37

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:13
From Leashless Glory.
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Br6dR wrote:
Quote:

The victim told cops he was walking on Danforth, between Garfield and Princeton avenues, just before midnight when the group approached and attempted to rob him, reports said.

Way too close to home.

Quote:

When he gave them nothing, they attacked him, he told police.

See? Nothing to steal here. Go back to attacking those entitled hippies downtown.

The proper term is HIPSTERS.

Posted on: 2008/3/15 4:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/1 9:09
From Southern JC
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

The victim told cops he was walking on Danforth, between Garfield and Princeton avenues, just before midnight when the group approached and attempted to rob him, reports said.

Way too close to home.

Quote:

See? Nothing to steal here. Go back to attacking those entitled hippies downtown.

Posted on: 2008/3/14 21:08

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
You can own a firearm in N.J. but you can NOT 'stroll around' with it.

N.J. does offer a concealed carry permit but they grant it only in the most extreme of circumstances. Generally speaking they grant it to no one.

The Jersey City Police has a department that deals only with gun permits. If you have any questions regarding the law or how to apply for a license you can ask them.

http://www.njjcpd.org/

Look under 'Locations'

Posted on: 2008/3/14 19:58

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/7 21:36
Group:
Registered Users
What are the gun laws in NJ? Can you only keep a licensed gun inside the home for protection--and no strolling around with it?

Posted on: 2008/3/14 18:37

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
Group:
Registered Users
NJ should allow concealed carry.

Posted on: 2008/3/14 14:47

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Charlie wrote:
I seriously can't wait for someone to start taking the law into their own hands, one day, and I hope soon, someone will turn around a beat these kids to death. I'm serious. They don't have the right to live. If they are killed, no one will miss them, and the world will go on just a little better than it was before. I would love to bring some of my Navy seal friends or better yet someone from the Mossad (HaMossad leModi'in v'leTafkidim Meyuhadim) המוסד למודיעין ולתפקידים מיוחדים‎, and go for a leisurly stroll down MLK blvd. Effing scum! If this was only Montana!

Bernie Getz where are ya !

Posted on: 2008/3/14 14:29

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/21 16:22
Group:
Registered Users
I seriously can't wait for someone to start taking the law into their own hands, one day, and I hope soon, someone will turn around a beat these kids to death. I'm serious. They don't have the right to live. If they are killed, no one will miss them, and the world will go on just a little better than it was before. I would love to bring some of my Navy seal friends or better yet someone from the Mossad (HaMossad leModi'in v'leTafkidim Meyuhadim) המוסד למודיעין ולתפקידים מיוחדים‎, and go for a leisurly stroll down MLK blvd. Effing scum! If this was only Montana!

Posted on: 2008/3/14 14:06

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

GrovePath wrote:
Shot during 4-on-1 robbery attempt on Danforth Ave.

Friday, March 14, 2008

A Jersey City man was pistol-whipped and then shot in the head late Thursday night on Danforth Avenue, according to police reports.

The 42-year-old victim was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries following the incident. The man had been surrounded by four "juvenile males" and pistol-whipped before the gun went off and a bullet went into his eyebrow and exited through his forehead, reports said.

A spokesman for the Medical Center, John McKeegan, said he was treated and released.

None of the suspects have been identified.

JASON FINK and PAUL KOEPP

Kids ya gotta luv 'em !

Posted on: 2008/3/14 13:49

Greenville: Man shot and pistol-whipped by 4 "juvenile males" on Danforth near Garfield.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Shot during 4-on-1 robbery attempt on Danforth Ave.

Friday, March 14, 2008

A Jersey City man was pistol-whipped and then shot in the head late Thursday night on Danforth Avenue, according to police reports.

The 42-year-old victim was taken to the Jersey City Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries following the incident. The man had been surrounded by four "juvenile males" and pistol-whipped before the gun went off and a bullet went into his eyebrow and exited through his forehead, reports said.

A spokesman for the Medical Center, John McKeegan, said he was treated and released.

None of the suspects have been identified.

JASON FINK and PAUL KOEPP

Posted on: 2008/3/14 13:37

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017