Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
116 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 116

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Parking - FIRE HYDRANTS!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/5/18 20:12
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jennymayla wrote:
Quote:

AvantiGroup wrote:
...Regardless, I think the J.C. has the foresight to avoid a complete debacle.

What on earth would ever give you that idea?

Wishful thinking, mostly.

Posted on: 2008/3/7 15:10
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/2/9 14:06
Group:
Registered Users
I see some pretty inconsiderate drivers double parking and blocking the crosswalks everyday as I walk to the path along Newark Ave. On the corner of Newark St. and Bay is a fairly consistant nightmare, when 1 double parked car pulls away another is ready to take its place usually in under 2-3 mins. Yesterday a beer truck was completely blocking the crosswalk there, cutting off all crossing pedestrian traffic and creating a very dangerous situation. Cars coming up Bay St toward Newark can't see crossing pedestrians and pedestrians are literally forced into the street/ halfway into the intersection before they clear the front of the truck!! Police need to crackdown on these quality of life issues.

Posted on: 2008/3/7 4:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/12/24 3:29
Group:
Banned
Quote:

AvantiGroup wrote:
...Regardless, I think the J.C. has the foresight to avoid a complete debacle.

What on earth would ever give you that idea?

Posted on: 2008/3/7 4:01

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jcwestie1 wrote:
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:

one time I left my car running and just wanted to run in the house and grab some laundry this parking "cop" says to me "Ama give youz a summonssss [lipsmack]" (I am guessing that speaking proper english is not part of the job) but at the same time there are people who are double parked on the road and she doesn't say shit. I guess because they have PBA stickers and shields in the window.

Of course there are no actual crimes (like robberies, shootings, and beatings) in JC, so they can afford to waste time and money on parking and people's dogs not being on leashes.

You are wrong in your thinking. Double parking is illegal and causes traffic & accidents. At least the cop extended you a courtesy and told you to move before writing you a ticket.

Pointing out others illegally parked still does not change the fact that you are. Just park in a legal parkign spot and you won't inconveinence others and you wont get a ticket.

Your sarchasm about their being other crimes more important is not needed. Last I checked we live in a CITY and along with major crime we also have traffic problems. what would happen if they put all the cops only on major cases and did not enforce traffic? I know we all hate it but its a necessary evil to keep vehicle and pedestrian traffic moving.

I was not double parked, my car was idling. Parking implies that I turned the car off- there is a difference. So,(as I stated I was not "parked"), I was going to let it run so I could unload my groceries and not have to walk a block or two or three with 90lbs. of food.

Regardless even if I was parked, in the true sense of the word, there is no excuse to write someone a ticket and not someone else solely because the latter has a PBA sticker in their window; let them appear in court like everyone else and then get the ticket thrown out, at least it will prove a point.

As far as my sarchasm [sic] is concerned, I apologize if I belittled traffic concerns in our illustrious city ( I do not hate parking laws and do not view it as pointless) but I do think that if I saw a cop car as often as I see one of those little parking enforcement vehicles we would all be a lot safer.

-cheers

Posted on: 2008/3/7 2:56

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/2 23:04
Group:
Banned
I think we need to get one of those Hoboken automated parking ramps that eats cars. Those must have been hilarious calls to insurance companies.

Posted on: 2008/3/6 0:04

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BigD wrote:
I think Jersey City is taking a lot of steps that Hoboken didn't in order to make sure things are not as bad. I believe that all of these high rise apartments, as ugly as they may be, provide parking as well.

I am sure it will get worst though.

True, however many new developments don't have enough parking for all the units & most of the condo conversion projects don't have parking at all. Regardless, I think the J.C. has the foresight to avoid a complete debacle.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 21:02
We are what we pretend to be. So we must be careful what we pretend to be - Vonnegut

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/2/24 18:16
From "Pay for Play"
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

bolew wrote:
Do not park within 50 ft. of a Stop sign??

Better move your car Brian.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 20:35
Resized Image
Help US Sue Spectra! Join OR Donate!

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/2/14 14:12
From Hamilton Park
Group:
Registered Users
Do not park within 50 ft. of a Stop sign??

Posted on: 2008/3/5 19:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/5/11 13:34
From Downtown
Group:
Registered Users
Here are all the parking rules .. 50ft from a stop sign? .. that law is definitely broken hundreds of times daily in JC.

I had to increase the image size so it could be seen, sorry for the blurriness.. click on it to see it full size

Resized Image

Posted on: 2008/3/5 18:18

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/28 21:20
Group:
Registered Users
I think Jersey City is taking a lot of steps that Hoboken didn't in order to make sure things are not as bad. I believe that all of these high rise apartments, as ugly as they may be, provide parking as well.

I am sure it will get worst though.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 18:05

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

BigD wrote:
First try parking your car in Hoboken. Then drive back to downtown Jersey City and breath a sigh of relief.

How true it is.........I cringe, however, when I think of how parking will be in Downtown JC years from now.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 17:43

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/25 14:00
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

mr_smith wrote:

one time I left my car running and just wanted to run in the house and grab some laundry this parking "cop" says to me "Ama give youz a summonssss [lipsmack]" (I am guessing that speaking proper english is not part of the job) but at the same time there are people who are double parked on the road and she doesn't say shit. I guess because they have PBA stickers and shields in the window.

Of course there are no actual crimes (like robberies, shootings, and beatings) in JC, so they can afford to waste time and money on parking and people's dogs not being on leashes.

You are wrong in your thinking. Double parking is illegal and causes traffic & accidents. At least the cop extended you a courtesy and told you to move before writing you a ticket.

Pointing out others illegally parked still does not change the fact that you are. Just park in a legal parkign spot and you won't inconveinence others and you wont get a ticket.

Your sarchasm about their being other crimes more important is not needed. Last I checked we live in a CITY and along with major crime we also have traffic problems. what would happen if they put all the cops only on major cases and did not enforce traffic? I know we all hate it but its a necessary evil to keep vehicle and pedestrian traffic moving.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 16:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
You guys make me laugh, I'm glad they come around and ticket and boot people. I've lived in ares of Jersey City that the parking was so bad that I would have to park 4 or 5 blocks from my house because people who live out of town park there. So maybe this will keep people from parking there and going to work in NY.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 15:22

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/1/28 21:20
Group:
Registered Users
First try parking your car in Hoboken. Then drive back to downtown Jersey City and breath a sigh of relief.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 14:31

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/2/22 14:40
Group:
Registered Users
You have to park 25' from a crosswalk? That is ridiculous.

Anyways, the parking enforcement people are so random... sometimes they don't ticket you for parking somewhere and the next day you park in the same place and you get a ticket and they are rude; one time I left my car running and just wanted to run in the house and grab some laundry this parking "cop" says to me "Ama give youz a summonssss [lipsmack]" (I am guessing that speaking proper english is not part of the job) but at the same time there are people who are double parked on the road and she doesn't say shit. I guess because they have PBA stickers and shields in the window.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 4:20

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/3/25 14:00
Group:
Registered Users
Fire Hydrant = 10ft
Crosswalk = 25ft

Posted on: 2008/3/5 2:56

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2014/3/9 14:18
Group:
Registered Users
It's ten feet, reguardless if the sidewalk is painted or not. Learned that the hard way.

Posted on: 2008/3/5 2:27

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/8 18:57
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
I believe it's 10 ft on each side. If you look really closely there is often a yellow or red painted curb (but that's only if you're lucky!)

Posted on: 2008/3/4 21:54

Parking - FIRE HYDRANTS!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/9/30 18:46
From Van Vorst Park
Group:
Registered Users
Hey guys,

Here's a question...I'm sure many of you are wondering the same thing. Exactly how far do you need to be parked from a fire hydrant to avoid getting ticketed? I always see spots that are "kind of near" a hydrant, and I shy away from them to avoid getting ticketed. Is it 5 feet, 10 feet?

Posted on: 2008/3/4 21:25

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017