Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Jersey City Parking Authority
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/5 23:00
Group:
Registered Users
I had a similar problem a few years back, but the $300 deal wasn't brought up in my situation. I wish it was, it's cheaper than getting $40 tickets every day.

I had a situation a few years ago, because I purchased my car when i was like 20, and had to have my parents co-sign on it, and it wasn't registered in JC. Even though, i was a jc resident, they wouldn't give me a permit. They claimed that they were doing this in the best interest of my insurance company, claiming that I was committing insurance fraud by having a car in JC, when it was registered somewhere else. This enraged me, and I caused as big of a scene as i could, even showing that my insurance had the car listed as being in JC.

I think the PA is just a load of crap. And i'm extremely concerned with the private company they now have "patrolling" the streets.

Who's interest are they serving?

Posted on: 2008/2/6 2:54

Re: Jersey City Parking Authority
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/9/14 20:15
From Crystal Point
Group:
Registered Users
because you can still commit fraud. Let's say you get the permit, what's preventing you from then giving the car to someone else in your company (who doesn't live in jc and commutes from say montclar)

Posted on: 2008/2/6 2:22

Jersey City Parking Authority

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/4/19 1:27
Group:
Registered Users
I'm sure other tax-paying residents of JC have discovered this as well - if you happen to be a tax-paying resident of this great city who has a company car that is registered by your company in a city other than JC, you are subject to a $300 annual fee to obtain a resident parking permit - yes, 20x the amount typically charged to residents. This is the same annual fee as that charged to non-residents (as in non-JC-taxpayers). I don't know much about the structure/processes of parking authorities such as the JC Parking Authority (I believe parking authorities were established/allowed by the state some time ago), but it seems that there should be some reason/justification behind their fee-setting protocol. It seems unreasonable to me that a tax-paying resident of JC could be charged 20x more than another because of the fact that they happen to drive a company-issued vehicle. I guess I'm missing the public policy reason behind this...or, is this an effort to obtain more funds for the JC Parking Authority so they can send more folks to the annual NJ Assoc. of Parking Authorities & Agencies conference in Atlantic City?!...looks like a great time! I hope they all appreciate the cheesy band that I helped pay for!

http://www.njparkinginst.com/html/dinner_dance_0.html

Does anyone know if the JC Parking Authority is subject to any public commentary, etc. when setting rules/fees?

Posted on: 2008/2/6 2:15

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017