Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 147

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

I could not VOTE today !
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/6/11 23:48
From Western Slope
Group:
Registered Users
I made an attempt to vote at exactly 6 AM at P.S. 25 school in the Heights which is Ward D District 19. The place looked deserted no flag or signs indicating it was election day in N.J. there are other districts in this location as well. I tried knocking on the doors then rang the bell, the security guard insisted the doors were open. I saw the arrival of two board workers coming towards me I asked them if those were the books in their hands they admitted yes. I told them it was after 6 AM their response was " not on the clock we looked at". They didn't even seemed moved by my concern mostly ignorant to the fact, I then left the premises. As I pulled away in my car I saw the doors were open. I walked up the steps to where the booths are located and noticed remnants of dog waste on the edges of the steps. When I went inside some of the districts seemed to be in operation, I went up to my district (19) the same two board workers I saw minutes ago were just setting up. I could not wait to see how long the unveiling would be because I had to get to work, I left in disgust. When I got to work I immediately called the Hudson County Board of Elections and conveyed my plight they were reassuring. I'll try later this afternoon. Don't forget to VOTE and check your shoes.

Posted on: 2008/2/6 1:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017