Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
84 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 84

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Three victims attacked by car anti-theft 'club' during a brawl at Jordan's Lounge
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/24 1:25
Group:
Registered Users
Weren't some of you saying how this joint wasn't a problem in a previous thread ?

I hate to say I told you so ... naa, no I don't.

Posted on: 2007/8/27 18:32

Re: Three victims attacked by car anti-theft 'club' during a brawl at Jordan's Lounge
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/10/15 11:49
Group:
Registered Users
Ok, time for me to get nitpicky about headlines. Saying that the victim was attacked "by" an anti-theft club makes it sound like a group of anti-theft aficionados jumped the guy. A steering-wheel "Club" (capitalized because it's a brand-name) is an inanimate object, and hence cannot attack people.

Posted on: 2007/8/27 13:50

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
I think its about time we start talking about closing this place down. If there is going to be a news article about violent crimes every other week what is the point of keeping it in the neighborhood?

The new restaurants on Newark have bars and don't seem to attract the same crap.

Posted on: 2007/8/27 13:16

Three victims attacked by car anti-theft 'club' during a brawl at Jordan's Lounge
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Three victims attacked by car anti-theft 'club'
Monday, August 27, 2007

Three people said they were hit by a man swinging a steering wheel locking device in a brawl yesterday outside a Newark Avenue night club, Jersey City police said.

Police said they responded to Jordan's Lounge, 247 Newark Ave., just after 4 a.m. yesterday and found three men who said they'd been attacked by a man wielding what appeared to be "the Club," a steering wheel locking device. One victim said the key was still in the lock when he was hit with the device.

A 25-year-old man from Chapel Avenue told cops he was standing outside of Jordan's when a fight broke out and he tried to run away, but was hit in the face with the device. Police said he had what appeared to be a small cut over his right eye.

Two other victims - a 21-year-old Grand Street resident who was hit in the mouth with and a 27-year-old Montgomery Street resident who was hit over the top of the head- were both taken to the Jersey City Medical Center for treatment. Police said both men were apparently drunk. Neither received life-threatening injuries,reports said.

A 28-year-old Seventh Street resident who witnessed the attack told cops he saw four or five men jump into a Honda Civic hatchback and drive east on Newark Avenue.

CRAIG GARRETSON

Posted on: 2007/8/27 11:49

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017