Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
88 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 88

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Car Break in across from Van Vorst Dog park
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/10/17 23:54
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

3rdandwild wrote:
Then one day, they broke my effing window. Only to steal a tweezers! F**king tweezers!!

The bastard needed to pluck his unwanted hair desperately.

wtf.... were they tweezers made of gold?

between the tweezers and the old towels you have to wonder if they just feel the need to take things out of spite.

sorry for wasting your time that there wasn't something more valuable in my car.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 15:03

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2012/4/4 17:53
Group:
Registered Users
I got my car broken in so many times while I lived VVP area.

They were so good and they only messed up Passenger side keyhole tiny bit. As a matter of fact, the lock still works.

They brake in as they wish, go through my glove box (nothing in there) and leave my car.

There were no harm, so I didn't bother.

Then one day, they broke my effing window. Only to steal a tweezers! F**king tweezers!!

The bastard needed to pluck his unwanted hair desperately.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 14:51

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
Actually not a realtor,but just moved here myself right before summer started, I was just stopping quickly to let my dog run off some of her energy and didn't want to lug my purse in there for thirty minutes..I have no idea how they pulled the window down but someone definitely reached in from the back window to the front. The only thing I can think is that the window must have been not been rolled up all the way that wasn't so obvious to me but clearly obvious for someone looking for it, because we often crack it for the dog. I attempted to hide my purse in a duane reade bag, while we were in the dog run but obviously it wasn't good enough. I guess I was hoping it wouldn't get broken into in front of my face, clearly I'm an idiot.

I only posted it here because they said my stuff was most likely sitting around the neighborhood and several people we met on the street suggested to post this here as well. I even asked the garbage collectors who were very nice to keep an eye out. Again thank you, I'm sure its frustrating to see yet another purse stolen by someone who was careless.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 13:54

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/6/15 16:59
From Mars
Group:
Registered Users
I think its highly likely crimes motivate people to reach out to their community.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 12:42

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

thomash844 wrote:
Quote:

joesas wrote:
I think it is interesting how this post, the one about Wayne street, and some others in Crime and Safety are all posted by brand new jclisters with 1 or 2 posts. Is it the incident that drives them to the site? Or are these Hoboken Realtors?

I've noticed this as well...and most focus on downtown/VVP area. I smell a rat.

BTW, Hoboken has tons of rats.

Resized Image

Posted on: 2007/8/28 12:24
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/12/11 21:27
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Eesh, people. No rat here: I myself have been lurking off and on and was moved to post after seeing a comment about a car break-in that I'd noticed myself while walking down Mercer -- which is where I live.

Same goes for my sig, who finally signed up yesterday to weigh in on another post after I sent it to him.

Carry on -- and go easy on the conspiracy theories.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 12:19

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2019/3/28 21:42
From Downtown Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

joesas wrote:
I think it is interesting how this post, the one about Wayne street, and some others in Crime and Safety are all posted by brand new jclisters with 1 or 2 posts. Is it the incident that drives them to the site? Or are these Hoboken Realtors?

I've noticed this as well...and most focus on downtown/VVP area. I smell a rat.

BTW, Hoboken has tons of rats.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 12:08

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:24
Group:
Registered Users
interresting theory.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 11:53

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/11/15 12:18
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/8/28 11:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/11/7 17:24
Group:
Registered Users
car break in can be anywhere... never leave things in the car. even things that don't seem that great sometimes get stolen.

for example. i lived on staten island for a few years and someome broke into my car and took, of all things, a gap shopping bag that had old USED towels and a small wastebasket. i had just gotten my own place and it was stuff i had brought from my mom's. i have no idea why anyone would take this, and not the stereo, or even try for the stereo. the stuff was not even from the Gap, just in a gap bag. who knows what is wrong with people. they broke the small back triangular window for that junk.

also you said that your back window was 'pulled down'... was that something they did or how it already was?

Posted on: 2007/8/28 11:42

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/12/8 23:34
From The Italian Village
Group:
Registered Users
I am also very sorry about your loss, but leaving valuables (specially a bag and wallet) inside a car parked in Jersey City is a very tempting invitation to a break-in. Safety tips and warnings on how to prevent car break-ins have been posted in Jersey City numerous times. The JCPD has regularly advised on this matter and distributed flyers at the JC Downtown Watch meetings on how to prevent this type of incidents. It is just common sense to not leave any valuables of any kind inside the cars!. And people just don't learn the lesson (sigh...) Sorry folks, this is not Beverly Hills, car break-ins are a reality in this area. Please educate yourself and your neighbors in this matter, and take the time to attend the monthly neighborhood watch meetings.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 11:09

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
There would have to be footage of the purchase of metcards - your credit card would give a time and date that could be linked to a met machine. Thats if the public can gain access to those cameras overlooking the machines or the cops will pull their fingers out to investigate.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 11:00
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/4/29 10:29
Group:
Banned
i am sorry for your loss and i hope you have reported this to the police.

now that that is out of the way, please clarify why anyone who lives in the city would leave ANY valuables, much less a PURSE and WALLET filled with ID and goodies in their car for any amount of time???

hopefully something is recovered, but it sounds like you have some reliable scam artists who nabbed your stuff.

good luck.

Posted on: 2007/8/28 10:26

Car Break in across from Van Vorst Dog park

Hide User information
Last Login :
2010/11/18 18:58
Group:
Registered Users
My Honda Accord was broken into across from the Van Vorst dog park on Montgomery street between Jersey and Barrow on Monday the 27th of August. The back window was pulled down and my purse was taken out of the front floorboard..along with my wallet and several other valuables sometime between 8:30-9:30. Whoever stole it immediately charged hundreds of dollars worth of metrocards at the grove street station. If anyone sees a green purse or striped wallet clutch laying around the neighborhood please let me know.Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Posted on: 2007/8/28 6:24

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017