Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
107 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 107

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Councilwoman Viola Richardson fumes over health clinic's lack of doctors
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2017/3/14 15:59
From 07304
Group:
Registered Users
I wish she would fume about the abandoned lots near the lsp light rail. There are racoons and kittens and rats hanging out there. Maybe if one of the racoons gave someone rabies and they needed medical attention, THEN she would get on it.

Posted on: 2007/8/11 21:52

Bergen Lafayette: Councilwoman Viola Richardson fumes over health clinic's lack of doctors
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Councilwoman fumes over health clinic

by Ken Thorbourne
Tuesday August 07, 2007, 2:52 PM

Dissed again.

Incensed she hasn't received a response to basic questions she outlined in a letter dated March 17, Jersey City Councilwoman Viola Richardson marched into the offices of the Metropolitan Family Health Network at 935 Garfield Ave. today to get answers up close and personal.

Richardson wants to know why there are so few doctors are working at the clinic.

But MFHN Chief Executive Officer Catherine Cuomo-Cecere was away at a conference -- and apparently in no rush to respond to Richardson. Through her secretary, Cuomo-Cecere said she'd give Richardson a call on Monday when she get backs to work.

"I'm outraged because it seems I can never get down the bottom of what's really going on here," Richardson fumed in the facility's lobby. "All I know is there aren't enough doctors her to serve my people, the people of Jersey City. And she (Cuomo-Cecere) has yet to pick up a telephone or yet to send me a written response back. And that is unacceptable."

Richardson said she understands the doctors working at the center has plummeted from six to two. The doctors left, she understands because they were told they couldn't continue their private practices and work at the clinic. Cuomo-Cecere and Dr. Patrick Beaty, the clinic's medical director, didn't return phone calls to comment.

Posted on: 2007/8/7 20:22

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017