Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
154 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 154

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Cops and Crime and Mayor Dumb ass
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Why doesn't someone with a video camera tape / capture all the issues that are of concern - dogs, Stop signs, beggars at Grove, lazy cops etc. Then when you have your neighborhood meetings that the police attend, show them -a picture tells a better story then a ranting citizen.

Then if the person with the video camera would like to do the same in my area, it would appreciated.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 23:35
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

alb wrote:
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Sorry this happened to you, but it does not mean they were police/law enforcement officers.

I have a New Jersey license and passed the test here, but I'm too chicken to try to drive here.

Anyhow: where I did learn to drive, pedestrians have the right of way in a crosswalk. Is that true here, too?

If not mind: never mind.

If so: this is an example of a law that it would be nice to see the police obey, at least when they're in front of a police station.

Here, I see plenty of police cars plow right through the crosswalk at Bay and Erie, right by the police headquarters building. If the cars really do have the right of way there, then I guess that makes sense. If the cars don't legally have the right of way, I think it sends a bad message if police cars are completely ignoring a traffic law while driving in front of a police headquarters building.

Again: if this is legal at that particular crosswalk, never mind.

Yes, the same traffic rules apply.

I have no problem calling 201-547-5301 and any behavior that outrages me is called into the chiefs? office. I give them the location and car #. I give my name, you do not have to.
I've found that this Chiefs office is very responsive to these types of calls.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 22:08

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

r_pinkowitz wrote:
Sorry this happened to you, but it does not mean they were police/law enforcement officers.

I have a New Jersey license and passed the test here, but I'm too chicken to try to drive here.

Anyhow: where I did learn to drive, pedestrians have the right of way in a crosswalk. Is that true here, too?

If not mind: never mind.

If so: this is an example of a law that it would be nice to see the police obey, at least when they're in front of a police station.

Here, I see plenty of police cars plow right through the crosswalk at Bay and Erie, right by the police headquarters building. If the cars really do have the right of way there, then I guess that makes sense. If the cars don't legally have the right of way, I think it sends a bad message if police cars are completely ignoring a traffic law while driving in front of a police headquarters building.

Again: if this is legal at that particular crosswalk, never mind.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 20:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
5 facts I and many have witnessed DAILY.

1. Those suction cup police plates on the front window of cars are being ignored by the JCPA and JCPD if they have parked illegally.

2. Cops OFF-DUTY working for construction sites are parking illegally and displaying those 'suction cup' police plates and the JCPA or JCPD are not ticketing them.

3. Cops OFF-DUTY who work for us at constructions sites WILL give the right of way to ALL construction cars or trucks regardless if it delays the public. Construction needs come first - thats what they get paid for.

4. ON-DUTY cops in patrol cars come to our sites and will talk to the OFF-DUTY cops for up to 30 minutes plus at a time, often parking illegally and taking / distracting the PAID OFF-DUTY cop away from there so called traffic duty.

5. Cops OFF-DUTY have told JCPA to ignore illegally parked cars owned by construction workers from sites - great for us, but not right.
Remember those cars parked facing the wrong way on a 1 way street on 2nd Ave behind BJ's?

Posted on: 2007/7/13 20:00
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/10/2 19:00
From Jersey Cxxx
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Hamparkvet wrote:
I haven't read or posted on this site in a long time but just by reading a few posts it seems nothing has changed but instead got worse in JC. About a month ago a guy ran a STOP sign just as I stepped off the curb and missed me by a few feet. I noticed he had a Police Shield in his window and when I yelled after him he flipped me the bird. Lets face it, It's Healy Time!! The Police Dept. has become another form of "Work-fare" for the lucky few who have connections in the force. Mayor McDrunky's cousin or brother-in-law or whatever he was is the best example. Thrown off the Middletown NJ force he gets a job here in JC through our esteemed Mayor and proceeds to drive drunk on 1-9 and kill a toddler. The cops in my area make NO effort to enforce traffic laws. They hassle innocent residents for walking dogs off leash while just steps away drivers casual blow through STOP signs and speed in areas where children are crossing the street. If you are the victim of a crime they are expert at making you feel that it is your fault. How dare you walk home from the PATH train at 9:00pm!!!! I always supported the Police but these guys have erroded my respect. Love him or hate him Guiliani understood that by going after fare-jumpers etc. cops often netted people with outstanding criminal warrants. How about pulling over that speeder or the guy who just blew through a STOP sign? Maybe not, it could be Mayor DWI.

Those police shields you see in the windows with the suction cups DOES NOT MEAN THE PERSON IS A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER!
Anyone who knows someone in law enforcement can get one thru the PBA and the FOP. And many catalog companies sell them. When you get up close you can see if they are issued from the State FOP but it really means nothing. Sorry this happened to you, but it does not mean they were police/law enforcement officers.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 19:27

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/1/29 4:06
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Hamparkvet wrote:
I noticed he had a Police Shield in his window and when I yelled after him he flipped me the bird. Lets face it, It's Healy Time!!

My favorite Jersey City police story was when I was trying to meet my friend at an area shopping area. She and her young son were biking over, and the son took a wrong turn and got lost.

I went and looked for the son and told my friend to ask the police officer standing in front of the store to help. (There was actually a police station behind the officer, so it's possible he was even an on-duty officer, rather than an off-duty officer.

The police officer didn't even get on the radio or take any other steps to ask the police to look for my friend's son. All he did was yell at my friend.

Meanwhile, I was timidly asking tough-looking guys on the street who, for all I know might have been Crips and Bloods, if they had son a lost kid on a bicycle. They hadn't, but they all were very polite. After I did this for a couple off minutes, a lady who worked at a nearby church came up with my friend's son.

So, the guys hanging out on the street were helpful. The lady who volunteered at the church was helpful. The police officer was worse than useless.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 19:13

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/1/15 1:11
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
I'm not positive but I believe the cops at Construction sites are not tecnically on duty as they are paid by the Construction companies. They can enforce the law of course but usually only to the benefit of the Construction company. Thats why they are often in their personal vehicles and not squad cars. Film companies are required to do the same when shooting in JC, while in NYC only if they need to close streets or re-direct traffic. It is a form of "graft".

Posted on: 2007/7/13 18:33

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2020/3/10 14:50
From hamilton park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

NNJR wrote:
The cops do enforce traffic laws, just ask any construction project manager.

those cops playing traffic guard at the sites are a complete joke, got no help what so ever from 2 that were sitting gabbing on their cell phones this morning when I was trying to cross marin a block south of bay st (I don't remember the exact cross st.)

Posted on: 2007/7/13 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
Construction Project Manager? Are you talking about Parking tickets? And those shields are not a license to break the law.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 18:24

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
The cops do enforce traffic laws, just ask any construction project manager.

Also, regarding those shields you see in about 1/10 front windshields, are those from donations or have any value?

Posted on: 2007/7/13 18:15

Cops and Crime and Mayor Dumb ass
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
From HamiltonPARK
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't read or posted on this site in a long time but just by reading a few posts it seems nothing has changed but instead got worse in JC. About a month ago a guy ran a STOP sign just as I stepped off the curb and missed me by a few feet. I noticed he had a Police Shield in his window and when I yelled after him he flipped me the bird. Lets face it, It's Healy Time!! The Police Dept. has become another form of "Work-fare" for the lucky few who have connections in the force. Mayor McDrunky's cousin or brother-in-law or whatever he was is the best example. Thrown off the Middletown NJ force he gets a job here in JC through our esteemed Mayor and proceeds to drive drunk on 1-9 and kill a toddler. The cops in my area make NO effort to enforce traffic laws. They hassle innocent residents for walking dogs off leash while just steps away drivers casual blow through STOP signs and speed in areas where children are crossing the street. If you are the victim of a crime they are expert at making you feel that it is your fault. How dare you walk home from the PATH train at 9:00pm!!!! I always supported the Police but these guys have erroded my respect. Love him or hate him Guiliani understood that by going after fare-jumpers etc. cops often netted people with outstanding criminal warrants. How about pulling over that speeder or the guy who just blew through a STOP sign? Maybe not, it could be Mayor DWI.

Posted on: 2007/7/13 18:04

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017