Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Antony Santos played at Sandbar last night!!!!
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/7/4 3:07
From Harsimus Cove
Group:
Registered Users
I always wondered how they got that "sound". I used to think it was a Tres, or another non-guitar stringed instrument. Now I see that it is an electro-acoustic guitar with a capo and an aggressive picking style (and probably a little amp/effect tweaking).

I saw a bunch of cats jamming in front of Pino's on Newark in this style a week ago. Very cool.

I'm ashamed to say that before today I didn't know who Antony Santos was (but probably heard his music in bodegas for years). Thanks for the education. I'm much more familiar with the Dominican Merengue style (ala Juan Luis Guerra, Sergio Vargas ...ever hear "Las Mujeres"? I used to jam hard on that cut).

Posted on: 2007/6/11 19:31

Antony Santos played at Sandbar last night!!!!
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2016/7/11 14:22
Group:
Registered Users
Antony Santos, el mayimbe de los mayimbes, el rey de la Bachata, toco' a noche en Sandbar en Jersey City. Antony Santos, as I'm sure you all know, is widely acclaimed to be one of the greatest Bachateros of all time. Last night Jersey City had the honor and pleasure to host this amazing artist. The crowd was lively, enthusiastic and good-humored as they awaited El Mayimbe?s arrival onstage. Unfortunately, for unknown reasons, his set began very late, which resulted in his performance being cut short due to the 2 AM close-down policy of the State of New Jersey. Of course, the organizers should have planned for this but it was regrettable that a special exemption to the regulations could not have been made for a musician of Antony Santos? caliber. Although his presentation was short it was very enjoyable and well done. http://www.iasorecords.com/index.cfm?subsecid=115

Posted on: 2007/6/11 14:44

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017