Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 134

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Mayor Healy
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/12/30 3:40
Group:
Banned
I'm not surprised. I've written to the Mayor by way of post and email on serveral occassions, even correspondence which contains nothing but praise and have yet to receive a response. Healy will not be getting my vote next election. That's for sure.

Posted on: 2007/3/15 17:18

Re: Yun to Mayor on page 7 of Jersey Journal...
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/10 16:29
Group:
Registered Users
Ah, missed that part on my read-through.

Fair enough, the second time there really was no excuse for him not to show up then. Either the scheduler should be canned/reprimanded ("Was not speaking for me"), or he should come out and apologize ("I made a mistake"). I somewhat doubt either would happen.

I still don't get why efforts ("spent on advertising this event for Feb 20th were wasted") were made prior to getting his commitment the first time around.

Somebody please clue me in. And no, I'm not trying to be a jackass about this, I'm really just curious about why this sequence of events happened this way.

Posted on: 2007/3/15 17:16

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/5/11 3:55
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Jangie wrote:
It certainly doesn't look like the mayor is placing this event high in his priorities, for whatever reason...

I'm a bit confused here... Not being involved in any of the JC politics, is there anything that says that the mayor *has* to attend this sort of rally? I could advertise all I wanted that Mayor Healy was coming over to my house for dinner, try inviting him, and be angry that he didn't show up. Is that reasonable? It doesn't make sense to me at all... if you plan to have certain people at your event, you have to invite them and confirm their attendance well in advance of associating their name with the event, or at least I would think so. I don't understand how the assumption is that without any answer to the negative or positive, that the mayor would come.

According to Yun's letter:

"At the suggestion of your scheduler, the meeting was postponed to March 7th for your convenience. Your scheduler accepted this invitation on your behalf and confirmed it by email.

February 12, 2007 - In addition to the email, a confirmation letter via certified mail (#7005 0390 0002 9278 5474) was delivered to your office confirming, yet again, your attendance to the rally on Wed. March 7th."

Try reading all the pretty words.

Posted on: 2007/3/15 16:54

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Jangie wrote:
It certainly doesn't look like the mayor is placing this event high in his priorities, for whatever reason...

I'm a bit confused here... Not being involved in any of the JC politics, is there anything that says that the mayor *has* to attend this sort of rally? I could advertise all I wanted that Mayor Healy was coming over to my house for dinner, try inviting him, and be angry that he didn't show up. Is that reasonable? It doesn't make sense to me at all... if you plan to have certain people at your event, you have to invite them and confirm their attendance well in advance of associating their name with the event, or at least I would think so. I don't understand how the assumption is that without any answer to the negative or positive, that the mayor would come.

I think the mayor had already agreed to attend (twice) before the meeting was advertised and re-advertised. it seems like the organisers of the meeting went out of their way to have accomodate the mayor only to have him bail at the last minute.

When is the next mayoral election again??

Posted on: 2007/3/15 14:04

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/10/10 16:29
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2007/3/15 13:49

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

Woodsy wrote:
Quote:
JC_Residents wrote that Michael Yun wrote:
Honorable Mayor, the people of Jersey City care as much about public safety as you do.

I venture to guess that the people of Jersey City care far more about public safety than our illustrious naked mayor.

You beat me to it.

I was waiting to see a response of this nature (Yun's, not Woodsy's). Spin in full effect.

Even assuming Yun did make some sarcastic comments while "waiting" for the mayor, can anyone blame him, with 200+ people waiting for their fearless leader to show up after cancelling previously?

Posted on: 2007/3/15 0:47

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2011/3/18 15:05
From John Wilkes Park
Group:
Registered Users
Compare this well worded and thoughtful letter to Troy's diatribe from the other day and you start to realise the gulf between the JC establishment and the people they are supposed to represent.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 21:57

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2015/11/5 20:49
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
JC_Residents wrote that Michael Yun wrote:
Honorable Mayor, the people of Jersey City care as much about public safety as you do.

I venture to guess that the people of Jersey City care far more about public safety than our illustrious naked mayor.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 21:41

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2022/2/28 7:31
From 280 Grove Street
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

JC_Residents wrote:
Did you see this in today's paper?

Rally was about Public Safety, NOT a ?malicious, orchestrated ambush!?

Michael Yun,
A Concerned Jersey City Tax Payer

P.S. Hudson County Freeholder Jeff Dublin who all took the time to hear the concerns of the people regarding Public Safety.

Is a Hudson County FREEHOLDER anything like a Jersey City FREELOADER, which some councilpersons and public figures are?

Posted on: 2007/3/14 21:15
My humor is for the silent blue collar majority - If my posts offend, slander or you deem inappropriate and seek deletion, contact the webmaster for jurisdiction.

Yun to Mayor on page 7 of Jersey Journal...

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/7/20 16:34
Group:
Registered Users
Did you see this in today's paper?

Rally was about Public Safety, NOT a ?malicious, orchestrated ambush!?

Dear Mayor Jerramiah Healy:

By the end of 2006, Community Leaders throughout Jersey City began organizing a citywide effort to address concerns with Policing. As many ?Quality of Life? issues have evolved into ?Life Threatening? issues, experiencing crime (in general) is a part of everyday life and an adverse reality in Jersey City. The people of Jersey City are desperately looking for a strong proactive system of policing now more then ever. It was the intention of community organizers to bring this very important issue to your attention at a citywide public safety rally where citizens would be able to voice their distressed concerns. Please observe:

January 5, 2007 - A letter was sent to the Mayor?s Office via certified mail (#7005 0390 0002 9278 5450) announcing our intention and inviting you, the Police Director, and Chief to speak at a rally originally scheduled for Feb. 20th.

February 9, 2007 - Because your office did not provide a response, organizers called to confirm your attendance to the scheduled Public Safety Rally. Despite receiving a thirty five (35) day advance notice, your office informed organizers eleven (11) days before the event that you just scheduled the ?State of the City Address? on the very night of the rally. As a result, efforts spent on advertising this event for Feb 20th were wasted on fliers and meetings with over 50 Block Association Leaders citywide nonetheless, we respected your decision to book Feb 20th as the date for the first ?State of the City Address? in four years. At the suggestion of your scheduler, the meeting was postponed to March 7th for your convenience. Your scheduler accepted this invitation on your behalf and confirmed it by email.

February 12, 2007 - In addition to the email, a confirmation letter via certified mail (#7005 0390 0002 9278 5474) was delivered to your office confirming, yet again, your attendance to the rally on Wed. March 7th.

March 5, 2007 - Full page ads ran in two (2) local newspapers announcing the Public Safety Rally on the 7th. The ads announced guest speakers Mayor Healy, Police Director Jefferson, and Police Chief Comey.

March 7, 2007 - On a night with unfavorable weather conditions including blistering cold and snow flurries, two hundred plus (200+) people from all parts of the City crowded the Abundant Joy Community Church in search of their Mayor. Approximately at 6:40 pm (10 min after the scheduled start of the meeting) Chief Comey announced your decision to support a local basketball team vs. attending a prior commitment to discuss policing issues with your concerned constituents.

Prior to the Chief?s announcement, NO ONE had indicated that you would be absent at the rally. Any telephone call, message, email, smoke signal, homing pigeon, or other communication from your office FAILED to reach organizers at the start of the rally. The Jersey Journal printed an article on 3/9/07 containing unprovoked and inconceivable accusations by your spokesperson, Stan Eason. Your spokesperson blasted the event as a ?malicious, orchestrated ambush? and nothing could be further from the truth.

NOTE: With two hundred witnesses in attendance, I purposely paused the rally at several points to reiterate its objective: ?This rally is about a public safety issue, not a political issue.? Never once during the rally did I capitalize on the opportunity to slander you for not attending. Needless to say, however, your constituents who did take the time to attend the rally were very vocal about their disappointment using words such as ?insulting? and ?disgraceful? to describe their feelings on your absence. Perhaps Stan Eason manipulated the facts on behalf of his own political agenda to discredit the true intention of the rally, the public, and yes even you, Mayor Healy.

Honorable Mayor, the people of Jersey City care as much about public safety as you do. A strong relationship between the Mayor?s office, the Jersey City Police Department, and the public must exist to win the war on crime. We hope that you can resolve the communication issues within your office before the next rally takes place six months from now.
Respectfully Submitted

Michael Yun,
A Concerned Jersey City Tax Payer

P.S. Rally organizers thank JCPD Director, Samuel Jefferson and the Chief of Police, Tom Comey for addressing the concerns of the public at the rally despite the absence of the Mayor?s guidance. The public is truly grateful to have had other policy makers at the meeting including Hudson County Prosecutor, Edward De Fazio; Councilman-at-Large, Peter Brennan; Councilman Ward C, Steve Lipski; Councilman Ward D, Bill Gaughan; Councilman Ward E, Steven Fulop; and Hudson County Freeholder Jeff Dublin who all took the time to hear the concerns of the people regarding Public Safety. A special thanks to all the community leaders, block associations, the Jimmy King Civic Association, and all others for participating in this event.

Posted on: 2007/3/14 21:03

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017