Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
113 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 113

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »

Anonymous
Re: Daniel Wrieden aka 'Queer Eye For The Historic House Guy'
Quote:
Did he learn this in History class at State ?
\

Good ol' New Jersey City University.

Gotta be honest with you.....most Ivies or other Top Tens have in their core curriculum an Art History class that includes enough rudimentary information about architecture in the 19th century, such that it rivals what he seems to have learned (based on his narrow-visioned implementation) in four years. By the way he walks around mandating such details, you'd think he had a Masters' from a top ten. Afraid not......try a 2001 undergrad from ol' 440 University.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
The contractors are faced with even stiffer fines than us, and all they really say is they hate the man, for both the way he speaks to him (no respect), and the often stupid things he wants them to do.And ofcourse, the overbearing manner.

Dan had asked our contractor to mix the "recipe" while he was present so that he could be sure they were doing it correctly. He shouldn't be interfering with the professionals. He thinks he knows more than they do.

Did he learn this in History class at State ?

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
The contractors are faced with even stiffer fines than us, and all they really say is they hate the man, for both the way he speaks to him (no respect), and the often stupid things he wants them to do.And ofcourse, the overbearing manner.

Dan had asked our contractor to mix the "recipe" while he was present so that he could be sure they were doing it correctly. He shouldn't be interfering with the professionals. He thinks he knows more than they do.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Dan should have never bragged about it. Word got around,because you never know who he is going to turn on next. He befriends people, then betrays them.

In reference to the "hit list".

Anonymous
Dan should have never bragged about it. Word got around,because you never know who he is going to turn on next. He befriends people, then betrays them.

Anonymous
So many stories, so little time.

The Witches of Wayne St must be brewing up something!

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/11/30 19:02
Group:
Registered Users
Are you actually attempting to apply this ancient doctrince of "commons" to the Jersey City historic ordinance? I hope not, but its totally inapplicable at a variety of levels. For one this is not an agricultural society. More over, commons pertains to land that had usefulness. The color of one's home or style of their windows in no way would fall under this doctrine.

Your explanation is a good example of how a little knowledge could be a dangerous thing. Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
A "commons" is any resource used as though it belongs to all. In other words, when anyone can use a shared resource simply because one wants or needs to use it, then one is using a commons. For example, all land is part of our commons because it is a component of our life support and social systems.

A commons is destroyed by uncontrolled use?neither intent of the user, nor ownership are important. An example of uncontrolled use is when one can use land (part of our commons) any way one wants.

Tragedy of the Commons

Visualize a pasture as a system that is open to everyone. The carrying capacity of this pasture is 10 animals. Ten herdsmen are each grazing an animal to fatten up for market. In other words, the 10 animals are now consuming all the grass that the pasture can produce.

Harry (one of the herdsmen) will add one more animal to the pasture if he can make a profit. He subtracts the original cost of the new animal from the expected sales price of the fattened animal and then considers the cost of the food. Adding one more animal will mean less food for each of the present animals, but since Harry only has only 1/10 of the herd, he has to pay only 1/10 of the cost. Harry decides to exploit the commons and the other herdsmen, so he adds an animal and takes a profit.

Shrinking profit margins force the other herdsmen either to go out of business or continue the exploitation by adding more animals. This process of mutual exploitation continues until overgrazing and erosion destroy the pasture system, and all the herdsmen are driven out of business.

Most importantly, this illustrates the critical flaw of freedom in the commons: all participants must agree to conserve the commons, but any one can force the destruction of the commons. Although the example describes exploitation by humans in an unregulated public pasture, this commons and "grass" principle fit our entire society, and Jersey City?s historic districts.

Private property is inextricably part of our commons because it affects our quality of life and the collective property values of all. Owners alter the properties of our quality of life and collective property values when they alter their land to "make a profit"?installing the least costly exterior rather than the historically appropriate.

Posted on: 2004/10/24 0:02

Anonymous
the issue is not the right to regulate by a clear and unambiguous code? it the arbitrary and capricious application?.. note the gentlemen that cited that Dan didn?t like the colors chosen off the historic chart??what qualifies dan to make that decision or even make that uninvited comment?? what gives dan the right to make the final decision when chosen off the charts in accordiance with the regulations?? to carry the logic of your argument further the government should own all real estate and hold it for the common good, in addition to that all other resources they should be held by the government for the common good?. But that is not the way in a capitalistic system and democracy and we as home owners have the rights inparticular we have a constitutional right that the ordinances and regulations cannot be ambiguous and arbitrarily enforces? we are entitled to equal protection under the law? that is not the case with the historic commission, and that is where we will challenge the ordinance??.. in addition if what you have to say is worth saying putting your name on it would give it creditability?? warren curtin

Anonymous
A "commons" is any resource used as though it belongs to all. In other words, when anyone can use a shared resource simply because one wants or needs to use it, then one is using a commons. For example, all land is part of our commons because it is a component of our life support and social systems.

A commons is destroyed by uncontrolled use?neither intent of the user, nor ownership are important. An example of uncontrolled use is when one can use land (part of our commons) any way one wants.

Tragedy of the Commons

Visualize a pasture as a system that is open to everyone. The carrying capacity of this pasture is 10 animals. Ten herdsmen are each grazing an animal to fatten up for market. In other words, the 10 animals are now consuming all the grass that the pasture can produce.

Harry (one of the herdsmen) will add one more animal to the pasture if he can make a profit. He subtracts the original cost of the new animal from the expected sales price of the fattened animal and then considers the cost of the food. Adding one more animal will mean less food for each of the present animals, but since Harry only has only 1/10 of the herd, he has to pay only 1/10 of the cost. Harry decides to exploit the commons and the other herdsmen, so he adds an animal and takes a profit.

Shrinking profit margins force the other herdsmen either to go out of business or continue the exploitation by adding more animals. This process of mutual exploitation continues until overgrazing and erosion destroy the pasture system, and all the herdsmen are driven out of business.

Most importantly, this illustrates the critical flaw of freedom in the commons: all participants must agree to conserve the commons, but any one can force the destruction of the commons. Although the example describes exploitation by humans in an unregulated public pasture, this commons and "grass" principle fit our entire society, and Jersey City?s historic districts.

Private property is inextricably part of our commons because it affects our quality of life and the collective property values of all. Owners alter the properties of our quality of life and collective property values when they alter their land to "make a profit"?installing the least costly exterior rather than the historically appropriate.

Anonymous
I am amazed that Wrieden works with so many Italians. I know him, and have heard him use words like "sleazy guinea", and things I haven't heard said since the 1960s.
After life in the suburbs, we got all over this. He sounds like a 70 year old lady. Maybe he is. Oh yeah, the first time I heard him say "sleazy guinea", he was refering to a religious order he claimed to be a part of. Salesians or such.
There have been other comments over the years, and I just look at him. I feel sorry for him in a way. He must have never been loved by an Italian, once you have you never go back.

Good luck Gucciardi and Lambiasi.

Anonymous
Diva is a good word for him. Dominatrix is better, make sure you bow.Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
I am suppose to meet Dan next week on a project I am looking to do for my home. How can I look at this guy in the face with all I now know about the man the myth the diva?

Anonymous
I would like to send some material to you about my house, and, perhaps a couple of police reports. It's a bad case. I have to talk it over with my partner, who is afraid of the fines, and the things we have to say.

Dan is just looking for a name to blame and persecute. He must think you've written all these letters yourself. That would be easy, to think only one person would speak out. We speak amongst ourselves, and the most severe of the stories I have heard between friends, have yet to appear here. The contractors are faced with even stiffer fines than us, and all they really say is they hate the man, for both the way he speaks to him (no respect), and the often stupid things he wants them to do.And ofcourse, the overbearing manner.

Thank you for starting this,I hope more people find this list and add their own story. At least they can feel safe here.
Later, maybe the signed letters will come.

Anonymous
I am Warren Curtin and over the past few months I have been trying to effect change in the historic ordinance and the position of the historic officer. I have knocked on so many doors and heard of such outrageous stories of people?s experiences with the commission and the historic officer. I have met with Bob Cotter and at the end of our meeting he was to speak with the historic officer, I never heard back from Mr. Cotter. I wrote to Mr. Cotter in June and to date no response. In June I also wrote to our councilman office and had no response as well as the Mayors Office. With persistent phone calls was able to meet with the Mayor on 9/28 and with the information I gave him he wanted to reschedule to include Mr. Cotter. I have not heard back from the Mayors office and was actually called a bully by the Mayors assistant.

I have been gathering letters from community members in regard to their experience with the historic commission and the historic officer, and I continue to do so. I have prepared packets and delivered them to the Mayoral candidates and have been greeted with much the same attitude that I am the only one that has ever made a complaint. If that is their position of our elected officials and candidates, except for Lou Manzo who did listen and offer assistance, the rest must be so far out of touch with reality they don?t belong in office representing our community. We will have a chance in November as well as a second bite at the apple in May and new representation is truly needed.

I have this perverse attitude that government is of the people and for the people, and expect elected officials and civil servants to be responsive to the people. Apparently in Jersey City we are an imposition to their personal agendas and not the reason for their existence. I cannot understand when such outrageous abuses by a civil servant and is supported by the elected officials. I feel that this can only be because we the people relinquish our right in a democracy to those officials and individual and don?t voice their opinions with their votes.

I have met contractors in actual fear and professionals that won?t speak or put their experiences in writing. For every letter I have and cam demonstrate 10 with equally horrific experiences.

With all that in mind this has nothing to do with sexuality, or personal traits mine or anyone elses. It is about qualifications for the job, and performance on the job. It is about the ordinance and because of the abuses and that they are so pervasive that a change has to be. The authority must be handed over to an authority that is impartial and with out a personal agenda. That is what I have been working for and to that end if there are similar experiences that any one is willing to share, with name and address included I would appreciate hearing from you, my e-mail address is wacurtin@aol.com. All letters will be included and shared with appropriate officials to help effect change. I thank all those that have participated, and most of all those who have taken the time to draft letters of their experiences.

Warren Curtin
wacurtin@aol.com

Anonymous
We wish to remain anonymous because we own property downtown and know first hand about the problems. Some people in power are vindictive and will get even. Dan's wrath can cost a homeowner thousands and thousands of dollars.

Anonymous
Beware, Dan wants to pick colors. We went down with a Benjamin Moore Historic Color Chart. He did not like the colors we picked out. He wants his colors. We did not like his colors and threatened to go over his head. You cannot tell from those old black & white photos what colors were on the house. Dan pretends to know.

Also, when our house was built, it did not have electricity or indoor plumbing. If you follow Dan's reasoning, we should put all that out too!

Anonymous
I am suppose to meet Dan next week on a project I am looking to do for my home. How can I look at this guy in the face with all I now know about the man the myth the diva?

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Uhhhhh....I've heard the guy is a royal pain in the ass, but are the gay comments 100% necessary?

Please don't fed on Daniel's hysteria. He is a paranoid who sees a gay basher behind every bush. Daniel needs to be gay, so he can say-see they hate me because I am gay-to cover up the fact they hate him for so many other reasons.
Reasons all provided by Daniel himself. He sets this all in mtion. I'm sure it has a name, and perhaps some medication for it.

Anonymous
What's he going go dressed as for halloween. a marvin window. trick or treat.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
What a fantasy....Dan Wrieden is too busy and has to many jobs to keep a "hit list." This makes me laugh.

Why do reputable people say they have seen it ?

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
quote]
Anonymous wrote:
Bob Cotter and Dan Wrieden should be applauded for their outstanding work in improving the fabric of life in downtown Jersey City...I'm thrilled at the change for the better in this neighborhood and sorry for the folks who find rediculous reasons for denigrating anyone for their sexual preferences.

CHEERS, Joyce G. Davison
[quote]

I would like to inform, Joyce, and anyone else that doesn't have all the facts, that the complaints about Dan Wrieden are not ridiculous or have anything to do with his being gay. Those people that came forward by writing letters and who spoke at the Oct. 6th HPNA meeting were real people with real complaints. I was one of them.

Although this site can be a useful tool at times, it also brings out the worst side of human nature. It's sad that the real issue involving Dan is being spun into something it was never intended to be... a gay issue.

Another poster had remarked that the complainers were whining because they didn't get their way. That is partially correct. We never received the historical color paint chart to choose from. I never got one. I understand that has changed and people are now receiving them. And this is positive.

I believe Dan Wrieden has said some things he is now regretting.

We sure wish he was strait now, they can have him!

Anonymous
Please, there are many, many people reading this. It isn't exactly a stool at Uncle Joe's you know.

Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
A GROUND SWELL? AGAINST DAN WRIEDEN? I DON'T THINK SO..AT LEAST NOT FROM THE SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT ARE KEEPING THIS TOPIC ALIVE ON THIS CHAT SITE.
DO THESE INDIVIDUALS HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT TO BASH AN OTHER WISE HARD WORKING CITY EMPLOYEE.
THERE ARE 300,000+ residents WHO LIVE IN JERSEY CITY, A 'GROUND SWELL" MIGHT BE........150,000 PEOPLE, NOT THE FIVE WHO ARE SENDING MULTIPLE COMMENTS TO THIS SITE..DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE OTHER PEOPLE READING THIS SITE, DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU LIVE.
GET A LIFE.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
A GROUND SWELL? AGAINST DAN WRIEDEN? I DON'T THINK SO..AT LEAST NOT FROM THE SMALL GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT ARE KEEPING THIS TOPIC ALIVE ON THIS CHAT SITE.
DO THESE INDIVIDUALS HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT TO BASH AN OTHER WISE HARD WORKING CITY EMPLOYEE.
THERE ARE 300,000+ residents WHO LIVE IN JERSEY CITY, A 'GROUND SWELL" MIGHT BE........150,000 PEOPLE, NOT THE FIVE WHO ARE SENDING MULTIPLE COMMENTS TO THIS SITE..DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE OTHER PEOPLE READING THIS SITE, DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU LIVE.
GET A LIFE.

Obvious you're a city employee defending another city employee. Definition of a "hard" day for Dan is returning a phone call.

Anonymous
The lady is really beside herself over the whole situtation. She lives on a fixed income, and is about 70, and tells her story to anyone who will listen. I feel bad for her.

Anonymous
Take a look at the house though. They put the shutters in upside down. What kind of contractor does that?

Anonymous
I'd like to see him getaway with this stuff back in Brooklyn, where he is from.

Anonymous
He screws his friends too. Ask the elderly Filipino woman at 54 Wayne Street. She says Wreiden has three times made her wait for permits. She is always losing her contractor due to this, and has to pay more each time. She says Wrieden was her friend, and does not understand why he drags his feet, and will not return her calls. This job slowdown is causing her more money than she has.

Anonymous
Quote:
Is there a way to tell on this web site on this room, or any other room, when multiple messages are posted by the same person. If not, the whole thing seems irrelevant.

I can't give many details, but I do forensic profiling and behavioral tracing for a government agency. I can tell you, simply based on linguistics, phrases, similar paragraph breaks, and some punctuation practices, that there are at least twelve different posters on this string. Maybe more.

Don't know if this answers your question, but I can assure you that it's not just a few people over and over again.

Anonymous
Quote:

Hey Dan, thanks again for checking in with your "anonymous" commentary.

Anonymous
Quote:
DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THE OTHER PEOPLE READING THIS SITE, DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHO YOU ARE AND WHERE YOU LIVE.

Keep dreaming, idiot. Even if people could be pegged down by "anonymous" postings (impossible, by the way), do you really think we don't filter our messages and change a few facts (eg: "I live in Hamilton Park" actually means that the person lives in Van Vorst).

Get a life.

Anonymous
Is there a way to tell on this web site on this room, or any other room, when multiple messages are posted by the same person. If not, the whole thing seems irrelevant.

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 7 8 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017