Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
106 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 106

more...

Browsing this Thread:   2 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 »

Anonymous
Re: Daniel Wrieden aka 'Queer Eye For The Historic House Guy'
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
I've dealt with Dan for a long time. He knows little about what he speaks.

He does not own a piece of property and has no idea the cost of some of his requests.

He hates everyone who is not white and gay.

I am amazed he has a job dealing with the pubic.

You forgot to mention cats too. I once saw his face distort with sort of an angry yet manicle glee, as he threw a rock at a neighbors cat. It hit the cat hard. I still can't get over it.
Dan didn't like where it was, as he explained. Children who torture pets often become serial killers. What does Dan become?

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Whatever. Even if the spurious records you're looking at include Dan's name, the fact remains that it's been Jeff's house since '89. YOU check it out.

The records are tax records found in city hall. public records.

Anonymous
People wrote letters outlining their experience in dealing with D. Wrieden. The letters were signed by the people that wrote them. They were not offensive and said nothing about D. Wrieden being gay. The letters were compiled and distributed by W. Curtin at a community meeting. Some of the writers even spoke at this meeting.

Anonymous

Anonymous wrote:
I read in the paper a while back, I guess it was the Jersey Jounal, about someone leaving Historic Preservation to take a lesser paying job.

I can't remember if Dan's name was mentioned or not. But I later heard he forced someout. Does anyone know the story?[/quote]

I think one of the peple mentioned in that article was Charles Balcer, but I'm not sure of the exact story. The presice details elude me. Perhaps, if so desired, you could delve into the archives of the Jersey Journal, and retrieve the charming little article. I may amuse us all.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Hi All,
My name is Jonathan Worth. I'm a gay man. Quit the gay stuff. It's offensive and has nothing to do with the matter. Anybody who confuses that with the cause and purpose of the issue at hand isn't credible....any comment on this thread regarding who owns the property where Dan lives has nothing to do with this. Anything regarding Dan's sexuality has nothing to do with this. PERIOD.

My primary residence is in the Van Vorst area and additionaly, I have several investment properties here in same historic district. Although I have no formal training in historic restoration, I wish to see all done as correctly as possible with "modern" considerations put into the picture. With that in mind , I want to it see it develop in a historically correct manner.

For the mostpart, the group that has posted here has done so anonymously. Shame Shame Shame on you. Why don't you show who you are???? In my opinion, if you're afraid to say your name you're a coward and quite worthless as a contributor to this forum or getting things resovlved here or anywhere else. Quite candidly, get lost. GOOD GOD!!!! WHERE ARE YOU COMING FROM?
The guidelines that Dan follows have been in place for a long time. The documents I have in my hands are the same as those published years ago. I've compared the guideline documents from 4 years ago to today's documents....they're the same. Although I don't agree with some of the guidelines, Dan's job, by decree has to follow them. He takes his job seriously. He is a very serious man by nature. He goes right by the book. I'd be lying to you to say this doesn't frustrate me sometimes but i I do understand that he has to abide by his charter. Let's not kill the messenger. Hey all: let's handle this in a constructive manner in a public forum that's mediated by someone who understands all the issues. I'm not a coward. If you're or the same mindset or have something constructive to contribute you may contact me at jwo9393@aol.com

Well said!

Robin Pinkowitz
Hamilton Park

Shame Shame Shame on you with many investment properties so clearly writting to curry favor with one who gives permits.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
I'd like to know why this guy is making 45K as a starting salary, when most city jobs start at much less. For that kind of money can't we get someone with a architecture degree?
How's he get this job ? Who is his rabbi ? Is Tony Lambiasi his utimate boss? I can't believe such a kind and intelligent man as him has to put up with the likes of Dan.

I would like to know how he was hired. Was there an open search? Did the Historic Committee get to aprove? Certainly he was known to them.What happened at the Neighborhood Improvement Department, was he fired or laid off? Were there complaints there as well ?

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Thank you, previous poster. If Dan is going by the book and not making exceptions and giving exemptions then he is to be commended not scolded. Are people complaining because he is conscientious? Are these the same people who are complaining because other city workers are not conscientious?

These comment are not coming out of the blue.
Dan's behavior makes him a target for negative talk about him. You get back what you put out. This small group of people is nothing compared to what is said in the community. This is so small it is not even the tip of the iceberg.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Bob Cotter and Dan Wrieden should be applauded for their outstanding work in improving the fabric of life in downtown Jersey City...I'm thrilled at the change for the better in this neighborhood and sorry for the folks who find rediculous reasons for denigrating anyone for their sexual preferences.

CHEERS, Joyce G. Davison[quote]

It was so nice of your mother to write in Dan.

Anonymous
I once heard Dan describing "Federal elements" in a purely VictorianQuote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
DAN WRIEDEN, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, HAS TREMENDOUS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE OF THE 19TH C. HE DOES INDEED KNOW ABOUT WHAT HE SPEAKS.

Hey numbnuts.......for the UMPTEENTH time.......no one is directly questioning ol' Danny Boy's knowledge. It's his pompous, arrogant, almost despotic methodology that pisses people off.

I once hear Dan describing "Federal Elements " in a purely Victorian house. I could not believe he could't even tell the difference between Federal and Victorian. Having studied this in college, I was horrified.

There ought to be some sort of test of knowlege for someone working in this field, if he doesn't have the propper degree. If not, then not a Phys Ed major.

Anonymous
Re: white mortar
I know for a fact that several people fought the white and lost.

Anonymous
Re: white mortar
What was the point of it to begin with ?

Why couldn't the contractors use putty, so we wouldn't have to bother with staining it with tea ?

Why not do it right from the start, if the putty color was allowed ? What is the purpose of the white colored mortar?

The ugly white has been used in the Van Vorst section as well.

white mortar
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2021/7/30 1:08
From Jersey City
Group:
Registered Users
At our June Harsimus Cove Assn meeting, Dan Wrieden explained that these were the results of miscommunication between the contractors/himself and contractors not doing what was approved. The white mortar could be remedied by staining with tea. We also discussed that a mortar sample could easily determine what had been previously used.

Posted on: 2004/10/16 15:07

Anonymous
There have been sightings of Dan at about 4 am in Hamilton Park looking up at houses. Are these his work hours?Talk about over doing it!

Anonymous
I read in the paper a while back, I guess it was the Jersey Jounal, about someone leaving Historic Preservation to take a lesser paying job.

I can't remember if Dan's name was mentioned or not. But I later heard he forced someout. Does anyone know the story?

Anonymous
I think some people write glowing letter, when they are soon to need permits from Dan.

Anonymous
What is it with the super white morter used ?

It looks so bad. It looks like those cheap paint jobs, when the house needs to be repainted, and the owner goes for that fake brick look instead.

We have had putty colored morter for 100 years, why the need for a change now. It makes the neighborhood look uniform too.

I have heard that Dan makes the contractors mix the morter in front of him to then aprove of the color of white.

Is this something new ?

Anonymous
Tony also had this approach to the city planner that did this work before the city created and hired a Historic Preservation officer. Does not mean he is correct. Tony also can be quite arbitrary in permitting questionable building. He might be doing you a favor by letting you build something that should not be permitted, but if you are neighbhor then your home is compromised. His do what you want to do attitude has created many problems, but lets leave that for another time. Yes he is pleasant and will explain his reasoning.

As posted on this board, the biggest problem is Dan's communication with homeowners. Now after this thread with irrelavent personal attacks, do you think the situation will improve?

Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:
How's he get this job ? Who is his rabbi ? Is Tony Lambiasi his utimate boss? I can't believe such a kind and intelligent man as him has to put up with the likes of Dan.

Funny story related to this, and I swear on everything sacred that I am NOT making this up.........

I have a house in Paulus Hook and was in to see Tony Lambiasi a few months back about some zoning issues. Anyway, he could not have been more patient, attentative, and even "grandfatherly" in his demeanor, so when I closed the session by asking "How much of this do I need to run through Dan Wreiden?".........I was shocked when Tony looked at me dead in the face and said "If you bother to see Dan Wreiden, tell him to stick it up his ass."

Anonymous
Quote:

Funny story related to this, and I swear on everything sacred that I am NOT making this up.........

I have a house in Paulus Hook and was in to see Tony Lambiasi a few months back about some zoning issues. Anyway, he could not have been more patient, attentative, and even "grandfatherly" in his demeanor, so when I closed the session by asking "How much of this do I need to run through Dan Wreiden?".........I was shocked when Tony looked at me dead in the face and said "If you bother to see Dan Wreiden, tell him to stick it up his ass."

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/11/30 19:02
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
believe me...when you have been with a partner as long as Dan has....you own the house...whether on paper or not.
Do married couples only own 1/2 of a private residence..check the law.

No you do not understand the law. If the house was acquired before the marriage then the non purchasing spouse does not share an ownership interest. I should know I am a divorce attorney.

Posted on: 2004/10/15 19:43

Anonymous
I have a house that needs a great deal of repair. I know how vindictive and angry Dan is. If I used my name when expressing my feelings, he would retaliate when I as much as paint my stoop brown, after he trashed me all over town. But that you can take, because every one know his brain is not connected to his mouth. He can't help himself, he just gets out of his own control.

Anonymous
Good.

Anonymous
I'd like to know why this guy is making 45K as a starting salary, when most city jobs start at much less. For that kind of money can't we get someone with a architecture degree?

Anonymous
Who knows if he does or doesn't know who we are. I think this whole thing probably has him so turned around, he doesn't know who's a friend and who's a foe.

And can you really blame people for not including their names? They would then become the target of even more negative treatment by the Historic Preservation Office.

Anonymous
Dan knows who we are.

Anonymous
Dan has got to go. We dictate how we want our commuity to develop, not Dan and not a one sided Historic Committee. Based on the comments made, it is very clear that we need to take control of City Hall, and travel the road the owners in the community want to travel.

Anonymous
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Hi All,
My name is Jonathan Worth. I'm a gay man. Quit the gay stuff. It's offensive and has nothing to do with the matter. Anybody who confuses that with the cause and purpose of the issue at hand isn't credible....any comment on this thread regarding who owns the property where Dan lives has nothing to do with this. Anything regarding Dan's sexuality has nothing to do with this. PERIOD.

My primary residence is in the Van Vorst area and additionaly, I have several investment properties here in same historic district. Although I have no formal training in historic restoration, I wish to see all done as correctly as possible with "modern" considerations put into the picture. With that in mind , I want to it see it develop in a historically correct manner.

For the mostpart, the group that has posted here has done so anonymously. Shame Shame Shame on you. Why don't you show who you are???? In my opinion, if you're afraid to say your name you're a coward and quite worthless as a contributor to this forum or getting things resovlved here or anywhere else. Quite candidly, get lost. GOOD GOD!!!! WHERE ARE YOU COMING FROM?
The guidelines that Dan follows have been in place for a long time. The documents I have in my hands are the same as those published years ago. I've compared the guideline documents from 4 years ago to today's documents....they're the same. Although I don't agree with some of the guidelines, Dan's job, by decree has to follow them. He takes his job seriously. He is a very serious man by nature. He goes right by the book. I'd be lying to you to say this doesn't frustrate me sometimes but i I do understand that he has to abide by his charter. Let's not kill the messenger. Hey all: let's handle this in a constructive manner in a public forum that's mediated by someone who understands all the issues. I'm not a coward. If you're or the same mindset or have something constructive to contribute you may contact me at jwo9393@aol.com

Well said!

Robin Pinkowitz
Hamilton Park

Anonymous
Hi All,

Anonymous
How scary you work for the county.

Anonymous
Quote:
DAN WRIEDEN, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, HAS TREMENDOUS KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE OF THE 19TH C. HE DOES INDEED KNOW ABOUT WHAT HE SPEAKS.

Hey numbnuts.......for the UMPTEENTH time.......no one is directly questioning ol' Danny Boy's knowledge. It's his pompous, arrogant, almost despotic methodology that pisses people off.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2006/11/30 19:02
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Anonymous wrote:
Slander is something that isn't true...all of the comments above, made about Warren Curtin are true and can be proved in a court of law... it is not against the law to tell the truth. Most of the comments, however, about Dan Wrieden are not true and are slanderous.
Warren Curtin is a gay man, who is alone and cannot find a partner and has been alone for years. He is jealous, spiteful and mean spirited. He should pay more attention to himself and his failings as a human being, rather than going around attacking others, under the cover of historic preservation. Let him take his internal anger out in a gym or some other positive activity, and stop being a spoiled brat who didn't get his way.

You're just an awful person who is frustrated by the fact that Mr. Curtin is working for some change that people could live with. Your comments are childish and mean spirited. You know nothing about what goes before a court nor an evidentiary proceeding.

What has Mr. Curtin done that is so mean spirited? He owns two homes in downtown Jersey City, which are very well maintained.

On the other hand there are some crazy people who live downtown who call the police when someone trims a tree for the saftey of their families.

Posted on: 2004/10/15 3:14

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 »

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017