Register now !    Login  
Main Menu
Who's Online
132 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Message Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 132

more...

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Bloods gang member gets 30 years -- Sentence sends message.

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/2/22 21:36
From end of erie
Group:
Registered Users
I was talking active enlistment and not National Guard or Reserves. I stand corrected. I would have stayed in, but I was just too good at killing things - so they had to let me go. Now I just do vigilante work.

Posted on: 2007/1/31 17:19

Re: Bergen Lafayette: Bloods gang member gets 30 years -- Sentence sends message.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2009/6/1 2:41
Group:
Banned
Quote:

e-eff wrote:
I read that gangs are actually getting members to join the military to learn how to use weapons and such. Not sure if it was one of GP's articles posted here of if I read it elsewhere, so dropping him the middle of the desert might just improve his aim...

You are correct. Part of MEPS (Military Entrance Processing Command) screening is checking tatoos.

Crutch, you are incorrect inasmuch as you state 4 years is the mandatory minimum. Presumably we are talking enlistments here- it is my understanding that you can take on a 3 year enlistment at this time. And I could've sworn I saw something about 2 year enlistments somewhere.

That is not to suggest you won't get screwed and be on extended deployments during that time, but you *can* be in for less than 4 years. Personally, I'm not sure why anyone would want to be in for less than 4 years, given the way promotions and training work- after three years you would basically be getting out just when you're ready to start doing your job well.

Posted on: 2007/1/31 17:05

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2008/11/19 15:19
Group:
Banned
One less scum-bag off the streets, maybe his gang skills will help his survival in the system .

Theres bigger lions in the Penn waiting to pounce.

good Ridence.

CK

Posted on: 2007/1/31 17:00

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/28 20:47
From Wayne BTW Jersey/Barrow
Group:
Registered Users
As Brewster would say... Zactly

Posted on: 2007/1/31 15:14
... When life gives you lemons - Make Lemontini's!!

Dennis Deyoung is a musical genius

Hide User information
Last Login :
From end of erie
Group:
Registered Users
Well, if your willing to spend a mandatory 4 years of your life in it, because that is the minimum in the military and it has been for a while now. But then again, that wouldn't surprise me and again some gang members don't even know how to spell their own names.

Posted on: 2007/1/31 15:10

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Hide User information
Last Login :
2007/8/28 20:47
From Wayne BTW Jersey/Barrow
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

crutch93 wrote:
well, I would have transported his ass overseas and dropped him off in the middle of the desert with a knife. Lets see what type of gang training you got. 30 years of more tax payer money.

I read that gangs are actually getting members to join the military to learn how to use weapons and such. Not sure if it was one of GP's articles posted here of if I read it elsewhere, so dropping him the middle of the desert might just improve his aim...

Posted on: 2007/1/31 15:07
... When life gives you lemons - Make Lemontini's!!

Dennis Deyoung is a musical genius

Hide User information
Last Login :
From end of erie
Group:
Registered Users
well, I would have transported his ass overseas and dropped him off in the middle of the desert with a knife. Lets see what type of gang training you got. 30 years of more tax payer money.

Posted on: 2007/1/31 15:01

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2013/12/15 2:25
Group:
Registered Users
good work on the DAs part.

Posted on: 2007/1/31 14:05

Bergen Lafayette: Bloods gang member gets 30 years -- Sentence sends message.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Hide User information
Last Login :
2023/8/15 18:42
Group:
Registered Users
Bergen Lafayette: Bloods gang member gets 30 years
Sentence sends message, assistant prosecutor says

Wednesday, January 31, 2007
By MICHAELANGELO CONTE
JOURNAL STAFF WRITER

A 25-year-old Bloods street gang member from Jersey City convicted on attempted murder charges was sentenced yesterday to 30 years in prison - a little more than three years for each of the nine bullets he pumped into a 28-year-old Bayview Avenue man two years ago.

Mitchell West, 25, must serve 25.5 years in prison before being eligible for parole under the sentence ordered yesterday by Hudson County state Superior Court Judge Peter Vazquez.

West was convicted of the attempted murder of a 28-year-old Bayview Avenue man shot nine times at Bergen and Bramhall avenues on April 11, 2005, Hudson County Assistant Prosecutor Michael D'Andrea said. Investigators believe West attacked the man - who survived - over a perceived slight of some kind.

"We will not let this city turn into Newark," D'Andrea said in asking for the 30-year sentence, referring to that city's surging homicide rate.

"This conduct of gunplay over insignificant slights is not acceptable. Membership in the Bloods is not acceptable. Frankly, I'm am tired of going to funerals of young black men who died for no other reason than they disrespected a gang member," he said.

Jersey City Ward F Councilwoman Viola Richardson said she's also saddened by stories about young people killing young people, and said she'd like to see a "gang truce" in Jersey City.

"The only thing they are doing is making mothers, fathers, daughters and sisters cry," Richardson said. "People are losing their lives and families are suffering. They suffer when they lose their loved ones and they suffer when their loved ones go to jail."

West had prior convictions on various drug charges as well as aggravated assault with a firearm, D'Andrea said.

Posted on: 2007/1/31 10:59

[Advanced Search]

Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

LicenseInformation | AboutUs | PrivacyPolicy | Faq | Contact

JERSEY CITY LIST - News & Reviews - Jersey City, NJ - Copyright 2004 - 2017